Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 5/13/2001 11:40:49 PM EDT
I found this while checking out our content system for a problem: [url]http://www.cnn.com/2001/BUSINESS/05/14/smith/[/url] (the story actually lives on the euroedition site) Apparently we cut their sales in HALF. Of course this article doesn't mention why their sales declined so badly, but it shouldn't be that big of a mystery.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 12:01:28 AM EDT
I hope the new American owners will begin to set things right.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 12:19:25 AM EDT
Maybe someone knows something about this "Saf-T-Hammer" company.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 12:25:35 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 12:32:22 AM EDT
I dunno, this sounds fishy. From "Corporate Profile" on www.saf-t-hammer.com "... Since its inception, Saf-T-Hammer Corporation has been developing proprietary gun safety devices and is uniquely positioned to meet the increased public and legislative demand for such devices. Saf-T-Hammer™ products are designed to be compatible with the vast majority of the 230 million firearms owned in America. An expansion and diversification of the company's line of products is planned for the coming years. The company's current line of products includes: Saf-T-Trigger™, VersaVault, and Maximum Security Cable Lock. ..." Sounds like they might be the kind of company that wants to profit from mandatory gun lock legislation, etc.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 12:32:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/14/2001 9:52:09 AM EDT by Who_Me]
Originally Posted By Santyth: Maybe someone knows something about this "Saf-T-Hammer" company.
View Quote
[url]http://www.saf-t-hammer.com/[/url] [url]http://www.advisorinsight.com/pub/maccess/otcbb/SAFH_78636N_general.htm[/url] [url]http://www.bigcharts.com/quickchart/quickchart.asp?symb=safh-bb&sid=0&o_symb=safh-bb&x=44&y=22[/url] [url]http://www.safthammer.com/corp_profile.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 12:38:39 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Santyth: I dunno, this sounds fishy. From "Corporate Profile" on www.saf-t-hammer.com "... Since its inception, Saf-T-Hammer Corporation has been developing proprietary gun safety devices and is uniquely positioned to meet the increased public and legislative demand for such devices. Saf-T-Hammer™ products are designed to be compatible with the vast majority of the 230 million firearms owned in America. An expansion and diversification of the company's line of products is planned for the coming years. The company's current line of products includes: Saf-T-Trigger™, VersaVault, and Maximum Security Cable Lock. ..." Sounds like they might be the kind of company that wants to profit from mandatory gun lock legislation, etc.
View Quote
I'm gonna have to agree with you...........dang!
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 12:41:41 AM EDT
I also feel like noting that their site looks just like every Black & Decker electric screwdriver that I've ever owned. [;)]
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 12:44:20 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Santyth: I also feel like noting that their site looks just like every Black & Decker electric screwdriver that I've ever owned. [;)]
View Quote
Holy crap! It does! LOL
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 12:45:48 AM EDT
I hope the new S&W guns are cordless.......
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 12:50:44 AM EDT
Hey, some good news: The Saf-T-Trigger™ will NOT work on the following firearms: [b]Colt AR-15 and clones[/b] Most small 22, 25, 32 and 380 autos and revolvers S&W J-frame revolvers HK P-7 Browning High Power [b]Colt 1911 and clones[/b] Walther PP and PPK
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 12:58:10 AM EDT
The Saf-T-Trigger™ will NOT work on the following firearms: Colt AR-15 and clones
View Quote
WHEW
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 2:45:58 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Santyth: Hey, some good news: The Saf-T-Trigger™ will NOT work on the following firearms: [b]Colt AR-15 and clones[/b] Most small 22, 25, 32 and 380 autos and revolvers S&W J-frame revolvers HK P-7 Browning High Power [b]Colt 1911 and clones[/b] Walther PP and PPK
View Quote
You left out: "The Saf-T-Trigger™ will NOT work on the following firearms:" Any gun I ever own!
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 2:50:10 AM EDT
Originally Posted By WhoMe?:
Originally Posted By Santyth: I dunno, this sounds fishy. From "Corporate Profile" on www.saf-t-hammer.com "... Since its inception, Saf-T-Hammer Corporation has been developing proprietary gun safety devices and is uniquely positioned to meet the increased public and legislative demand for such devices. Saf-T-Hammer™ products are designed to be compatible with the vast majority of the 230 million firearms owned in America. An expansion and diversification of the company's line of products is planned for the coming years. The company's current line of products includes: Saf-T-Trigger™, VersaVault, and Maximum Security Cable Lock. ..." Sounds like they might be the kind of company that wants to profit from mandatory gun lock legislation, etc.
View Quote
I'm gonna have to agree with you...........dang!
View Quote
Sounds almost like an anti-gun company out to make trigger locks to "make guns safer" and profit off it too. Isn't this the company that sponsored the MMM last year or some other anti-gun movement?
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 2:54:04 AM EDT
May prove to be WORSE than S&W's current owners.. Oh well.. I can't think of a respected arms related company that would buy S&W anyway after that damn agreement.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 3:09:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/14/2001 3:12:58 AM EDT by Ulysse_Nardin_1846]
Hey General Ourumov! Aren't you the guy from Goldeneye? I think my Dewalt 18v battery pack was designed for that S&W smart gun crap. It's all making sense now. Doesn't Black & Decker make Dewalt?
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 4:38:56 AM EDT
Typical CNN. S&W lost money because of the lawsuits. Right. And the thousands/millions of gun owners boycotting them had nothing to do with it....
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 9:38:47 AM EDT
BTT
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 9:44:06 AM EDT
From the looks of the news this morning, this is apparently a done deal. I'm just not sure if I should feel good or bad about it........
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 9:50:33 AM EDT
BTW, check the timestamp on this, all those who think they got the scoop on this. [;)] Sometimes it's fun to work at a news company, even if it's CNN.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 9:56:29 AM EDT
Think about this for a second........what was once one of the most respected gun manufacturers in the world was just purchased for peanuts by a small company that makes trigger locks.
Link Posted: 5/14/2001 11:16:35 AM EDT
I won't link it, but here is a small tie to the industry : http://www.hsshf.org/PDF/HSSHF_Fall_00.pdf Heritage Fund Honor Role: Allen Company (The) Alliant Powder Anschutz Sporter Rifles Barnes Bullets, Inc. Bean Agency (The) Beretta USA Bianchi International Bismuth Cartridge Co. Browning/USRAC Bushmaster Firearms, Inc. Custom Quality Products, Inc. CZ-USA DayMark Corporation Douglas Industries, LLC Eldorado Cartridge Corp. EMAP USA Federal Cartridge Company G.A. Tolton Associates Gaines C. Smith Company Gary Grant Sales Company, Inc. Glaser Safety Slug, Inc. Glock, Inc. Gray's Sporting Journal Havel-Giarusso & Associates Hodgdon Powder Company, Inc. Hornady Manufacturing H&R 1871 Ironsighter Company Ithaca Classic Doubles Ithaca Gun Company J. Harding & Associates Jones & Company, Inc. K.B.I., Inc. Kel-Tech CNC Industries, Inc. Kimber Manufacturing Company Kleen-Bore, Inc. L.A.R. Manufacturing, Inc. Leupold & Stevens Marlin Firearms Company Maschmedt & Associates Michaels of Oregon Millett Sights MKS Supply Inc./Hi-Point Firearms O.F. Mossberg & Sons Muety Group (The) National Skeet Shooting Association North American Arms, Inc. North Country Marketing North East Promotions Nosler, Inc. Outdoor Empire Publishing Out West Marketing Owen J. Brown & Associates Pavenstedt & Pauli (USA), Inc. PRIMEDIA (Shooting Times) Primex Technologies, Inc. Progressive Farmer/Rural Sportsman Remington Arms Company Saf-T-Hammer **************************** Savage Arms, Inc. Shooters' Online Services Sierra Bullets, LLC SIGARMS, Inc. Sightron, Inc. Simpson Sales Company, Inc. Sporting Clays of America Stonewood, LLC Taurus International Traditions Performance Muzzleloading Walther USA Winchester Div./Olin Corp. +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++­+++ Anyhow, as a thought, a company that makes removable trigger locks could prove to be quite resistant to mandatory permanent "smart gun "technology." Too bad they will probably compromise and wind up, as posted above, advocating mandatoy lock laws instead of listening to shooters. I do not want, own, or need S&W products, trigger locks, or smart guns.
Top Top