Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/14/2003 10:57:12 AM EDT
What are you guys out in free states seeing for prices on this puppy? Either retail or wholesale.

Here in PRoMA, the S&W is the only brand new 1911 (except for a $2500.00 target SVI) that we can buy, so I'm looking into it.

My favorite shop (whose prices are usually pretty good) assures me that it will be below $699., and will be marked up a little less than 10% over wholesale, whatever that is.

Sound reasonable?

Link Posted: 5/14/2003 11:07:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I see it for $699 at the local place that regularly marks things above MSRP.

So, is it a real deal 1911, or is it just another looks-like-a-1911?
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 11:16:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I see it for $699 at the local place that regularly marks things above MSRP.
View Quote

I assume you are NOT in MA?

So, is it a real deal 1911, or is it just another looks-like-a-1911?
View Quote

It is the real deal. All the cool aftermarket parts will fit it.

I shot one at the factory and it was very nice.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 11:16:40 AM EDT
[#3]
I've heard anywhere from "just over $700" to "well over $800", so who knows, and that's IF the AG decides to ok it, which he hasn't done although he's had the paperwork for months. The Gun Room in Shrewsbury has one to handle. I did, and I don't like the trigger. In my opinion, it would have to go to LaRocca's, and that adds to the price tag as well.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 11:20:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I've heard anywhere from "just over $700" to "well over $800", so who knows, and that's IF the AG decides to ok it, which he hasn't done although he's had the paperwork for months. The Gun Room in Shrewsbury has one to handle. I did, and I don't like the trigger. In my opinion, it would have to go to LaRocca's, and that adds to the price tag as well.
View Quote

To bring you up to date, it has passed testing and is on the new roster that was just published a few of days ago. So, right now, the gun is legal for sale here. The shops are just waiting for stock to arrive.

I thought the trigger on the one I fired was pretty nice. Nice enough that I would leave it alone. Since it was a rental gun, who knows how many rounds had been through it...
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 11:33:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 11:45:27 AM EDT
[#6]
S&W 1911 5" 45ACP
MSRP = $932.00
Wholsale cost = $635.38
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 11:49:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top