Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/1/2003 5:12:27 PM EST
You'd think something like this could be easily found on the web, but you'd be wrong. Anybody know what sales tax I'd pay in lake county if I bought some computer stuff while there? BTW, anybody notice that yahoo is getting worse and worse at returning relevant results?
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 6:10:44 PM EST
It was, I believe, 6.75% when I moved happily away from Waukegan in 1993. I am sure it has gotten much higher since. I still have family in that area. I will ask next time talk to them and post the answer her if someone else has not beaten me to it. As to Yahoo - their search engine has always sucked. While people poo-poo Google for supposedly being anti-gun, it is still the best search engine by far. It isn't like they filter out gun sites or anything.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 6:20:18 PM EST
Just checked my Circuit City receipt on a new printer I just bought in Lake County. The sales tax was 6.5%.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 7:06:30 PM EST
Thanks. 6.5 isn't that bad, it's not too far from what I pay. Was worried it was a couple points higher.
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 7:54:38 PM EST
...thus proving the fallability of my memory - unless Waukegan proper has it's own tax on top of the county?
Link Posted: 1/1/2003 8:07:25 PM EST
[Last Edit: 1/1/2003 8:10:25 PM EST by Lazyshooter]
It is 6.5%, but a lot of local communities have higher, with Gurnee where Gateway and Bass Pro are at 7%. Vernon Hills, where CDW, I think is, is at 6.5% The county now wants state approval to add a county tax of .5%, as I understand it.
Top Top