Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/19/2006 11:50:51 AM EDT
I picked this movie up in the new releases section of the local movie store, only two copies there. It had a picture of a WWII medic on the cover, so I though, "what the heck" and picked it up, expecting a cheesy low budget flick. Lets just say in terms of quality, the producer knows how to do a lot with little. It was an excellent movie. It was filmed with under $1 million, but the quality and atmosphere straight out of big budget war movies. A lot of the vehicles and the majority of the extras are all weekend reenactors who volunteered to be in the movie for free. In terms of uniforms and equipment, it looks just as good, if not better, than SPR thanks to the reenactors. I highly reccomend you find a copy and give this movie a well deserved viewing, especially when shitty movies like Brokeback Mountain win best picture and you never even hear about gems like this one. Rent it.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 12:09:04 AM EDT
they have it at wal mart , I enjoyed it enough.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 3:14:05 PM EDT
Great film. They held the cussing down enough that the little ears won't burn off.
Link Posted: 3/20/2006 5:22:51 PM EDT
Friend bought it... I also thought it was a good movie, worth a watch.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 12:56:38 PM EDT
I liked it.
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 6:19:17 PM EDT
Very good Mormon war flick.

Filmed in Utah with a lot of LDS actors and crew.

Don't know why it would be in the new release bin as it came out in 2003 (unless that is still considered new).
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:19:40 PM EDT
Got it in my collection. I liked it.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:20:27 AM EDT

Bought it as well. Not a TON of action, but a good storyline. I try to support films like this when I can by paying full price for them, not by renting or buying used. Same thing with Serenity.

Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:17:11 AM EDT
Good movie overall despite the sympathetic portrail of the Malmedy massacre as an "accident".

Other than that, it has a good plot.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 7:34:23 AM EDT
college buddy of mine was one of those volunteers, he told me he was the technical director making sure all the equipment and weaponry was as close as possible to authentic.
Another friend of mine (actually his dad) provided the Willy's jeep that is seen in most of the driving scenes. The producers acutally purchased it and then resold it to another reenactor.

Just some insider secrets
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 2:32:14 PM EDT
Great movie with a real 'personal' touch. It initially had an R rating. I don't know if they took out language or violence, but the end result is very good.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 10:15:47 AM EDT
Excellent movie. Ryan Little is a very good director.
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 4:21:26 PM EDT
When I first saw that dvd cover I thought, "What? Medics didn't carry rifles during WWII! Much less German rifles!"
But you're right, I was pleasantly surprised with the movie.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:57:36 AM EDT
no one else seemed to see the bias towards the Germans in the "re-telling" of the malmedy massacre?
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:48:24 AM EDT

Originally Posted By MauserMark:
no one else seemed to see the bias towards the Germans in the "re-telling" of the malmedy massacre?

There seems to be a lot of dispute over what sparked the massacre. I got the impression that the director was trying to show as neutral a view as possible.
Top Top