Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2009 7:36:53 AM EDT
I have a Cannon safe that has an electronic lock.  It beeps when entering the code to open it.  It beeps loud.  Anyone know how to shut it up?  It's fine with me if it does not beep at all.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:39:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have a Cannon safe that has an electronic lock.  It beeps when entering the code to open it.  It beeps loud.  Anyone know how to shut it up?  It's fine with me if it does not beep at all.

Have you contacted Cannon? Most of those locks have a key combination that lets you disable the beep. Mine is like *663 or something.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:40:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Taking some cash out for the strip club during the middle of the night? Don't want to wake the woman?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:45:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Have you contacted Cannon? Most of those locks have a key combination that lets you disable the beep. Mine is like *663 or something.

This, it''s in the owner's manual.  I have two Cannon safes and the numbers were different for each.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:01:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Not in the manual.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:02:43 AM EDT
[#5]
I would smash the speaker with a hammer, myself.

Good luck!
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:03:04 AM EDT
[#6]

Model name or number?
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 9:09:40 AM EDT
[#7]
AE31 with LPlock.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:08:47 AM EDT
[#8]
That sound scares the would-be criminals more than the pump shotgun (but less than the actual sound of the shotgun going off)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top