Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 2/14/2013 12:07:40 AM EDT
So I have a M&P9 with a thumb safety and need a holster. I've decided I want the Safariland 6378 based on design, quality, and I can put my TLR-1 on it.

I have some questions for those who have had this combo.

First off, will my thumb safety get in the way of the holster? I noticed when trying to order one, the selections for a M&P45 had different options concerning thumb safeties. That same option was not offered for the M&P9. I just don't want to get it and discover the gun won't seat because the safety is in the way.

Secondly, can the gun lock into retention without the flashlight? I heard that it would not if using a Surefire. I intend to keep the light on it when using this holster anyways, but am curious. I have a Bianchi thumbreak holster for non-light-attached carry.

Figured I'd toss this in GD due to the higher traffic. Especially at this time of night.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 3:15:05 AM EDT
Gonna bump for the morning crowd.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 12:49:32 PM EDT
bumppp for suggestions.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 8:47:26 PM EDT
any help?
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 8:49:31 PM EDT
Is this for open carry? Seems like it would be a bitch to conceal.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 8:59:54 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Danj:
Is this for open carry? Seems like it would be a bitch to conceal.

Its more for a range kit.

Plus plain clothes carry in law enforcement could be an option if my gun is on the approved carry list.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 9:01:49 PM EDT
I can't answer about the safety, but it will retain retention without the light to a certain extent. There is a nub that protrudes into the barrel. I can't say how secure it is without the light, but mine passed the medium tug test.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 9:02:43 PM EDT
You need the ALS, not the SLS holster. I carried it for years but now I prefer the Black Hawk serpa.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 9:08:07 PM EDT
Originally Posted By olekennyroy:
I can't answer about the safety, but it will retain retention without the light to a certain extent. There is a nub that protrudes into the barrel. I can't say how secure it is without the light, but mine passed the medium tug test.

Okay, cool. Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/14/2013 9:09:03 PM EDT
Originally Posted By RANGER_556:
You need the ALS, not the SLS holster. I carried it for years but now I prefer the Black Hawk serpa.

I believe it is ALS only.

I've ran a Serpa for the past 5 years with my other gun. I tried a Safariland and really liked it.

Thanks
Top Top