Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/14/2003 6:08:32 PM EDT
Microsoft has just announced they will no longer produce new versions of Internet Explorer for Macs.  The Beta 2 version of Safari from Apple is available for download and I'd say it's a little faster and better looking than the IE I was using.  Automatically imports your bookmarks from IE as soon as you fire it up.  Google search is integrated which is a good feature.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 7:51:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm using beta2 right now on my shiny new 12" powerbook. I love it.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 8:14:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I like beta 2. I've stopped using IE for Mac for evverything except those sites that seem to have to have IE to work properly. The only thing I've noticed is some animation that people add to their posts don't work. I'm not sure if that is a browser problem or what.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 8:16:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Never heard of it!

That's good news, though, 'cause IE and Outlook are the only two applications that crash regularly on my iBook. They're also are the only 2 applications from Microsoft on it....

Gee, think there's a connection?
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 8:45:55 PM EDT
[#4]
[img]www.wemakedotcoms.com/ellen/images/Switch.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/16/2003 7:04:03 AM EDT
[#5]
I have been using it off and on on my ibook since it came out,
I like itm and some of the features are great,

but unfortunately so much of the HTML code out there is optimized for IE,
there are some sites that just plain don't work on safari.

It's cool, but MAc needs to get off thier anti MS high horse and actually make it an IE clone,

just MHO
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top