Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/2/2006 10:00:50 PM EDT
www.washtimes.com/world/20060103-123938-5632r.htm

Saddam prefers death by shooting

By Paul Martin
THE WASHINGTON TIMES
January 3, 2006

LONDON -- Saddam Hussein has told his lawyers that he wants to be shot by firing squad, not hanged, if sentenced to death during his murder trial, which resumes later this month in Baghdad.
Saddam maintains that he is still commander in chief of Iraq's armed forces -- and that a firing squad is "the right way" to execute a military leader.
"I'm not afraid of death," he told two of his lawyers in an astonishingly candid five-hour meeting, as he sat in a comfortable chair at the head of the table.
"Of course I'm not guilty, but I know they want me dead."
One of his lawyers, Issam Ghazzawi, took extensive notes. During a recent interview in Amman, Jordan, he gave The Washington Times details of the extraordinary discussion.
He and former U.S. Attorney General Ramsey Clark met with Saddam on Dec. 7 in a basement room under the heavily guarded courthouse in Baghdad.
No one else was present for this session, which took place during a break in proceedings while Saddam was refusing to return to the dock.
All five of Saddam's lawyers met with the deposed Iraqi leader in the same setting a week earlier for an hour during a lunch break.
Mr. Clark confirmed most of the details of the meetings in a telephone interview with The Times on his return to New York, although he said the part of the conversation regarding Saddam's stated preference for a firing squad had not been translated to him by Mr. Ghazzawi at the time.
The trial, which has been interrupted by several adjournments, a temporary walkout by Saddam and harangues from the accused, is to resume Jan. 24.
"Threatening me with death doesn't mean anything," Saddam told the two lawyers. "I don't care less. The life of any one Iraqi is no less valuable than mine."
The lawyers had delicately raised the possibility of Saddam's being executed. He responded, "I am the commander in chief. ... I prefer it to be by firing squad. I am the commander in chief."

No objection here... except for the length of the trial.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:01:22 PM EDT
as long as i get to pull the trigger
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:03:53 PM EDT
He specificly said not hanged. Go get a rope!

­

..........and an industrial strength woodchipper
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:04:36 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Mattl:

Exactly
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:05:18 PM EDT

..........and an industrial strength woodchipper

Thats to quick,

Get a little DR chipper
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:05:21 PM EDT

Originally Posted By M15A2:

Exactly

+2

why would anyone do what he wants?
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:06:01 PM EDT
Butt fuck him with spam til he dies.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:07:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/3/2006 12:28:09 AM EDT by pv74]
Nope..shooting would be too quick for him...

Let him hang slowly...with no drop.... I think he is afraid of strangling to death on a rope..

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:07:47 PM EDT
I'm sure he only said that because he knows damn well the Iraqi doing it would set it up to ensure a slow strangulation.

That said, they should listen to him, and burn him at the stake... That can still be designed to offer the slowest possible death...

I'm no sadist, I just know what the Iraqi's want for him...
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:07:50 PM EDT
ahh fuck it whatever works
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:08:04 PM EDT

Originally Posted By M15A2:

Exactly

yup
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:13:52 PM EDT
NEW! Sadamizer (TM) brand cartridges, now available in .308 cal and 5.56mm. impressive penetration with maximum expansion especially designed for dictator ROPr types. Get yours at your local FOB today! And if you act now, we'll even include 2 PLY ROP holy book handydandy wipes.

SADAMIZER! "When he just won't shut up".
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:15:58 PM EDT
Make it interesting, let this guy do the shooting www.break.com/index/luckybuck.html
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:17:28 PM EDT
I'm for a slow hangin
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:19:06 PM EDT

Originally Posted By pv74:
Nope..shooting would be too quick for him...

Let him hang slowly...with no drop.... I think he is afraid of strangling to death on a rope..

+1, do something he doesn't want. What about papercutting him to death, is that possible?

-Ben
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:27:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/2/2006 10:31:55 PM EDT by Rocklock]
Firing squad ...."sweet" .

8 guys 100ys from the hip full auto . That way many more Iraqis get a chance to "ring the bell" . It should take two days or so based on the marksmanship skills Ive seen .

I think that might kinda spook him .

or just hang him , I've seen hangings over there (film) they have big cranes that just raises you up .

ETA yea kinda like Taxmans guy ...but worse

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:30:05 PM EDT
Hang him with no drop while strangling.. Insert into woodchipper feet first, slow speed, and back off a few times if woodchipper chokes. Restart process.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:32:38 PM EDT

Originally Posted By MrClean4Hire:
Butt fuck him with spam til he dies.

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:36:20 PM EDT
Hang 'em high.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:36:22 PM EDT
We had a guy get caught and pulled into an industrial metal shredder a couple years ago. The largest thing to make it through was his face, which was about 6x8 inches. No bones - just skin.

Poor focker went in feet first. I'm all for repeating it with saddam.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:43:31 PM EDT
Give him back his country and bring the armed forces back home.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:55:18 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Abbot_Hayes:

Woops, (checking weatherforcast) storm up coming
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:57:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Sagus:
We had a guy get caught and pulled into an industrial metal shredder a couple years ago. The largest thing to make it through was his face, which was about 6x8 inches. No bones - just skin.

Poor focker went in feet first. I'm all for repeating it with saddam.

Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:58:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/2/2006 11:38:40 PM EDT by NeedMoreAmmo]
Flaying would be a nice start.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 10:59:08 PM EDT
I honestly think they should make him "Walk the Plank" off of a 25 story building. He allowed, and participated in some sick ways to kill people. The one that got me the most was watching video his guys throwing people off of building's there were hight enough to break lots of bones, but not quite hight enough to kill...
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 11:00:20 PM EDT
Should have been Done Long before NOW
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 11:01:41 PM EDT
Saddam has not earned death by firing squad.

Fuck him.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 11:09:54 PM EDT

Originally Posted By NeedMoreAmmo:

Why don't you <COC Violation Removed> then you and your <COC Violation Removed> buddies <COC Violation Removed> can go <COC Violation Removed> where you can <COC Violation Removed> all day long.

Exactly!
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 11:51:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Thekatar:
Saddam has not earned death by firing squad.

Fuck him.

Indeed. He's one of histories most prolific genocidal mass murderers. Firing squad is meant to be for soldiers with at least some shred of decency. He deserves to suffer the fate of the war criminals executed at Nuremberg, with a short rope strangling him slowly.
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 11:53:02 PM EDT
Pay off the national debt -- sell raffle tickets at ten bucks a pop.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 12:15:49 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Rocklock:

Originally Posted By NeedMoreAmmo:

Why don't you <COC Violation Removed> then you and your <COC Violation Removed> buddies <COC Violation Removed> can go <COC Violation Removed> where you can <COC Violation Removed> all day long.

Exactly!

+1 What he said...
Top Top