Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/29/2003 5:49:24 AM EDT
www.reuters.co.uk/newsPackageArticle.jhtml?type=worldNews&storyID=429982§ion=news

Saddam giving info on weapons
Mon 29 December, 2003 11:31

DUBAI (Reuters) - Saddam Hussein has given his U.S. captors information on hidden weapons and as much as $40 billion (22.5 billion pounds) he may have seized while he was Iraq's president, an Iraqi official has been quoted as saying.

"Saddam has confessed the names of people he told to keep the money and he gave names of those who have information on equipment and weapons warehouses," Iyad Allawi, a member of the U.S.-appointed Iraqi Governing Council, told the London-based Asharq al-Awsat daily.

"The Governing Council is searching for $40 billion worth of funds seized by Saddam when he was in power and which has been deposited in Switzerland, Japan, Germany and other countries under the names of fictitious companies," Allawi said.

He said the council had asked international legal companies to track the money.

Allawi said interrogators were now focusing on whether Saddam -- arrested by U.S. forces this month and held at an undisclosed site -- had any links to militant groups.

"Interrogators are now focusing on the relationship between him and terrorist organisations and on funds paid to groups outside Iraq," Allawi told the newspaper.

It is not clear whether Saddam was ever behind ambushes that have killed at least 211 U.S. soldiers since Washington declared major combat over on May 1.

The capture of Saddam has not ended guerrilla activity in Iraq, which U.S. officials believe involves non-Iraqi militant Islamist guerrillas and Saddam loyalists.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 5:57:46 AM EDT
[#1]
sounds good.  wonder what the Dems response will be when they find the weapons.  or at least what happened to the weapons.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 6:08:52 AM EDT
[#2]
squeal little piggy!
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 6:11:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
sounds good.  wonder what the Dems response will be when they find the weapons.  or at least what happened to the weapons.
View Quote

[DU]Lies!  Camera tricks!  They were planted by the US![/DU]

CR
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 6:13:12 AM EDT
[#4]
hmmmmmm....

how may times did qadaffi and libya come up during those sessions?

mike
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 6:23:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wesley Clark: "Iraq has no WMD so Bush lied. I would have found them sooner..."

Dean:  "I knew that the only reason Bush went to war was for Cheney's corporations would get contracts to destroy Iraq's WMDs!!!  By the way, will someone PLEASE tell me just where Iraq is?"

Daschle: "I'm deeply troubled..."

CNN: "The US Govt. is showing pictures of alleged WMDs found in the desert in Iraq.  However, Al Jazeera claims that no such weapons existed lending much doubt to the US Govt claims.  So, please watch tonight's special: Why did Bush lie about Iraq WMD?"
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 6:23:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
hmmmmmm....

mike
View Quote

I was thinking the same thing. Better to admit to it, then to be found out.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 6:37:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
hmmmmmm....

mike
View Quote

I was thinking the same thing. Better to admit to it, then to be found out.
View Quote

The timing on this sure is suspect, isn’t it?

Good ‘ol Muammar probably said “Oh shit! My ass is next” when SH got caught.  Having already been shown some US “hospitality” by President Reagan with Eldorado Canyon I’m sure he wasn’t keen about another visit from Uncle Sam [:D]
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 6:41:59 AM EDT
[#8]
I hope we can recover all $40b, that would cover a little less than half our cost of rebuilding Iraq.

$40b!  When you consder the entire GDP of Iraq is like $56b, the scale of Saddam's theft is astounding.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 7:23:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Having already been shown some US “hospitality” by President Reagan with Eldorado Canyon I’m sure he wasn’t keen about another visit from Uncle Sam [:D]
View Quote

[Sam Kinison]

That was too fucking cool man....American bombers coming in going, "WHERE'S THE BABY'S ROOM?" EEEEEEEEEEEEUUUUUUWWWWWW......BOOM!

[/Sam Kinison]

[rofl2]

I still remember that night. Laughed my ass off for a week.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 7:33:32 AM EDT
[#10]
They will probably GIVE it to the New Iraq.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 9:23:19 AM EDT
[#11]
I am shocked he is talking so soon. This limits his power to make deals for himself. This may be a good faith on his part effort to gain some trust. A deal has been made already with Saddam that will let him live. I guess we sit and see were he ends up.

I think we would make a deal with him, not to hand him over to people who would kill him. IF he gave us the proof we needed to make our case for him having WMD's. Thus making the USA led ass kicking look legit in the eye's of our dectractors. We could keep hin in jail with the General for Panamma , cell mates.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 9:46:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I am shocked he is talking so soon. This limits his power to make deals for himself. This may be a good faith on his part effort to gain some trust. A deal has been made already with Saddam that will let him live. I guess we sit and see were he ends up.

I think we would make a deal with him, not to hand him over to people who would kill him. IF he gave us the proof we needed to make our case for him having WMD's. Thus making the USA led ass kicking look legit in the eye's of our dectractors. We could keep hin in jail with the General for Panamma , cell mates.
View Quote

It's allready stated that he will be tried by his own people... Bush has allready said SH deserves death, and there's no question the Iraqis want him dead...

Sparing his life might get us some intel, but it would be incredibly BAD for the prospects of a successful occupation...

Link Posted: 12/29/2003 9:53:35 AM EDT
[#13]
Make the deal with him, and then deliver him to the Iraqis anyway.
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 9:59:17 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I am shocked he is talking so soon.
View Quote

Hell, the dude has probably been awake and listening to Barny and Metallica for two weeks  [:D]

Aviator
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 10:17:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Make the deal with him, and then deliver him to the Iraqis anyway.
View Quote

Lie to the bastard.Fuck him.SH is an insect.Sqeeze the bitch dry and mix him with pavement.But,his head must be on a pole,for all to see.Death to Tyrants!
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 2:11:29 PM EDT
[#16]
I would love to be a fly on the wall in that interrogation.

I wonder how often "Iran" "Syria" "France" and "Germany" came up in the conversation.

And most of the men who built Pakistans A-bomb program have either been thrown in jail or are under house arrest since Libyia started talking too..
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 2:24:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Iran and Iraq are mortal enemies. SH worst fear has to be handed over to the Iranians for war crimes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top