Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/17/2005 1:02:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/17/2005 1:04:14 AM EDT by swingset]
Yep, that's right......Sean Puff Daddy P. Combs Diddy is now just....

Diddy.

"It's the era of Diddy."

So proclaimed the hip-hop impresario formerly known as Sean Combs, Puffy, Puff Daddy and now P. Diddy on Tuesday's Today Show, as he explained that he was changing his name once again.

The rap mogul last switched it up--from Puff Daddy to P. Diddy--in 2001, while seeking a "fresh start" after being acquitted on gun charges.

As for what brought about the latest change in moniker, the entertainer admitted that his previous name change left his fans uncertain of how to address him.

"I felt like the 'P' was getting between me and my fans and now we're closer," Diddy said.

Yeah, I hate it when P gets between me and my fans. Fucking hiliarious.

"During concerts, half the crowd is saying 'P. Diddy'--half the crowd is chanting 'Diddy'--now everybody can just chant 'Diddy.' "

He confessed that his unwieldy name was even starting to befuddle him.

"I even started to get confused myself--and when I'd called someone on the telephone it took me a long time to explain who I was. Too long," Diddy told the New York Post.

You're confused because A. You're a half-retarded rapper. B. You should be using your God-given name, dickhead.

"One word. Five letters. Period," he added.

At least he didn't get the letter count wrong. Maybe I should give Puff Diddy more credit. Period.

Of course, just talking about his new name isn't enough for the scene-making mogul, who's planning to throw his latest title a coming-out party of sorts when he hosts the MTV Video Music Awards on Aug. 28.

"To be honest, the unveiling of Diddy, you gonna see that at the [Video Music Awards]," he told MTV News. "You gonna see that in the entrance. You gonna see that swagger. You gonna see how I'm gonna navigate you through the journey. I'm gonna play my position, my role. The artists are gonna play their role. We're gonna have an incredible, incredible party."

Please mr. Diddy, don't navigate me. I'm white, I don't understand you, and you are fucking weird.

As usual, it's been a busy year for Diddy.

In April, he announced a deal with Warner Music that gave the company a 50 percent interest in his Bad Boy Records label. Though exact figures were not released, it's estimated that Warner shelled out a cool $30 million in the deal.

Meanwhile, the multi-monikered one has also been dealing with various legal issues.

Last month, he settled a lawsuit with Random House over a $300,000 advance he received to pen his memoirs, which he never completed.

<Must not mention lazy minority stereotype, must not mention lazy minority stereotype>

Diddy has also been battling his ex, Misa Hylton-Brim, over child support payments for their 11-year-old son, Justin.

After he was ordered by a judge in April to dole out more than $21,000 a month for the care of his son, the rap mogul vowed to appeal the ruling, claiming that Hylton-Brim was acting out of greed, rather than in the interest of their child.

He should file a petition, that the actual father of the child is P. Diddy, and a completely different person. Since he is now "P-less Diddy", he should not have to pay for the kid.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 1:04:34 AM EDT
Prince is his friend
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 1:05:20 AM EDT
Diddy Kong Racing
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 1:06:25 AM EDT
[R. Lee Ermey] Well, no shit? That breaks my fu*king heart! [/R. Lee Ermey]

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 1:06:29 AM EDT
He's slowly turning in to a dog. Lots of pit bull owners (responsible loving ones not stupid ass thugs) call their dogs a Pibby. Give it time. Hell now snoop dog, or the artist formerly known as snoop or wtf ever is a spokesman for chrysler. I saw his first commercial tonight.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 1:08:51 AM EDT
P Diddy? F Him.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 1:09:04 AM EDT
I thought you were going to say that he was killed bencause of the thug lifestyle he lives.

Or at least that he was permanently retiring..

You got my hopes up for nothing...
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 1:11:39 AM EDT
I was hoping this was about him dying. Not just his fugged up name.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 1:11:45 AM EDT
He can change his name to Diddly Squat for all I care.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 1:12:26 AM EDT
Who?

<shrug>

I simply don't care.

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 1:13:20 AM EDT
Dammit....I thought he'd been killed.

Sheep
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 1:15:42 AM EDT

Originally Posted By leelaw:
I thought you were going to say that he was killed bencause of the thug lifestyle he lives.

Or at least that he was permanently retiring..

You got my hopes up for nothing...

No SHIT
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 1:15:51 AM EDT
Last month, he settled a lawsuit with Random House over a $300,000 advance he received to pen his memoirs, which he never completed.

Aww....What a read that would have been.....

Anyone who gives an functionally illiterate punk $300,000 dollars advance money to write a book....deserves to loose it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 1:19:05 AM EDT
Hahaah! What fans?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 1:41:38 AM EDT
I can't wait to get to work and let everybody know.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 1:57:30 AM EDT
Trying to get his name in the news
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:29:44 AM EDT
I don't know what's dumber, the fact that this is somehow news or that I read it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:36:00 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:51:20 AM EDT
I can see it now on
Answer- Diddy"
Question- Who is Sean Combs, Puffy, Puff Daddy and P. Diddy
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:56:42 AM EDT
Diddy and his youthful followers, America's future
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:57:24 AM EDT
I thought he called himself "Puffy" because he liked to puff on mens dicks
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 2:58:37 AM EDT

let me check if there is anything left in my bag o give-a-shit

<­BR>

nope, nothing there
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 3:04:09 AM EDT
oh brother
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 3:39:38 AM EDT
Funny comments.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 3:43:36 AM EDT

Originally Posted By MTUSA:
Diddy and his youthful followers, America's future

Word
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 3:49:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/17/2005 3:51:17 AM EDT by npd233]
diddy change his name again? well, diddy?
I predict his next name will be.... "Fluff Daddy"

Doo Wah Diddy
(Barry/Greenwich)

There she was just a-walking down the street singing,
'Doo wah diddy diddy dum diddy doo',
Snappin' her fingers and a-shuffling her feet singing,
'Doo wah diddy diddy dum diddy doo'.
She looked good (yeah, yeah),
Looked fine (sure did),
She looked good, she looked fine,
And I nearly lost my mind.

Before I knew it she was walking next to me singing,
I held her hand just as natural as could be singing,
We walked on (yeah, yeah),
To my door (sure did),
We walked on to my door,
And we said a little more.

Oh my my, I knew we were falling in love,
Oh yes I did, so I told her all the things I was dreamin' of.

Now we're together nearly every single day singing,
We're so happy and it's how we're gonna stay singing,
Well I'm hers (I'm hers),
She's mine (she's mine),
I'm hers, she's mine,
And the wedding bells will chime.

Now we're together nearly every single day singing,
We're so happy and it's how we're gonna stay singing,
Oh I'm hers (I'm hers),
She's mine (she's mine),
I'm hers, she's mine,
And the wedding bells will chime.

Doo wah diddy diddy dum diddy doo,
Doo wah diddy diddy dum diddy doo,
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 3:50:13 AM EDT

Originally Posted By swingset:
Yep, that's right......Sean Puff Daddy P. Combs Diddy is now just....

Fudge.

I thought you were reporting that he was dead.

I am all disappointed now.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 3:53:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/17/2005 4:53:58 AM EDT by thebomber]
I'm not a fan and that is for sure. I think he is an egotistical punk. I will however say that he has put together a very large and successful business. Frankly I see him as just an overly flambouant version of a lot of CEO's that walked up to the top on the backs of the workers they either took advantage of or "laid off" for their own benefit.

Either way....who cares?

Bomber
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:08:32 AM EDT
I thought he had been killed from the title. Sad news that he has not.

Bill3508
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 4:14:45 AM EDT
What is a P Ditty? Is that some new nautical term?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:09:46 AM EDT
This ushers in a fresh hip new era for the world class talent known formerly as "hush puppy"

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:22:13 AM EDT
This reminds me of the Monty Python skit where the entertainment reporter is listing off the former names of a particular band. It goes on for several minutes.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:23:18 AM EDT
What a dipshit.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:36:05 AM EDT

Originally Posted By cmjohnson:
What the heck....it's all just an act. And he's making money at it.

Doesn't bother me any.

At least he's not on welfare. Good enough.

CJ

No shit. Let the man make some money.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:36:51 AM EDT
I always preferred P. Drippy or P. Dribble.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:57:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/17/2005 12:02:40 PM EDT by JavaMan]
What is it with this inner city ghetto culture where they have to make up stupid names? I meet a guy who moves in across the street in this suburban neighborhood of single family homes. He's staying with a friend because he has no job, no car, nothing. He has to walk up to the local grocery store to buy food. But he likes to play his rap music loud on his cheapo swapmeet plastic stereo and has enough money to get a new "Wu Tang Clan" tattoo on his face.

I meet this 4/7ths scale version of Marvin Hagler walking up the street and introduce myself with the name my mother gave me. He says "I'm D. D the Dragon."

"Is that your first name or last name? Is that spelled D-E-E or something else?" I just didn't get it, and he finally told me his name was Darian.

Why do these people have to make up cartoon names for themselves? Puff Daddy/P. Diddy, Notorious B.I.G., etc. If it's self esteem they're trying to boost, I'd suggest instead to get a job and move out of your friend's garage. But it's been over a year now and "D" is still playing his music all day, talking about how he's gonna make it big in the music scene real soon. And he loves to be called "D the Dragon."
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:59:12 AM EDT
That boy has more names then Rodent's ex-wife
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:03:22 AM EDT
He is many things, but an idiot or retard is not among them. His business are fairly diversified and he is making multi-millions every year.

He is not just a rapper. He is producer, talent scout, and he owns a clothing line. There are probably other businesses as well. I don't care much for his music, but the man is marketing genius.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:04:22 AM EDT
I love how no talent assclowns think a name change can reinvent their career in some hopes of grandeur.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:06:46 AM EDT
Diddly? I'm sorry, I'm really crappy with names. Mind if I just call you shithead?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:07:57 AM EDT
Damn, I thought you were going to say he's DEAD.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:24:50 AM EDT
How many names does he have left? ODB only got so many changes, and then he died. Tupac was going for the Makavelli thing when he was offed. Nine lives is wishful thinking for most of these guys.

Originally Posted By thebomber:
I'm not a fan and that is for sure. I think he is an egotistical punk. I will however say that he has put together a very large and successful business. Frankly I see him as just an overly flambouant version of a lot of CEO's

Bomber

That's pretty much how I see it too. He might be arrogant, but he did work his ass off to get where he is. IIRC, when he started with whatever record label back in the 90s, he worked for free, taking the subway a couple hours each way to the studio or wherever, just to get his foot in the door(on top of a normal job). After several months of that, he finally got hired, and that was when he brought in Biggie, and it's been nothing but gravy since then. The man knows how to make money, and aint nothin' wrong with that.

Originally posted by Merrell:
This ushers in a fresh hip new era for the world class talent known formerly as "hush puppy"

Umm, no, this is Diddy, not Usher. Don't confuse people!

JavaMan, most people have nicknames, but I see what you mean. You still have a real name, and that's how you should introduce yourself.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:32:29 AM EDT
What an attention whore. Wow.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:40:57 AM EDT
Tragically, the bandwidth wasted on this can never be recovered.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:42:49 AM EDT
I hate to be a rude, racist asshole, but I believe that there has been no good intelligent African American music to come out since the era of Motown.

I love Motown music, it's clean and talks about love and peace.

Today's African American "music" is about killing and sex.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:43:55 AM EDT

Originally Posted By deej86:
I hate to be a rude, racist asshole, but I believe that there has been no good intelligent African American music to come out since the era of Motown.

There is plenty of good black music. Just not on MTV and pop radio.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:45:20 AM EDT

Originally Posted By thelastgunslinger:

Originally Posted By deej86:

There is plenty of good black music. Just not on MTV and pop radio.

Exactly. Soul music and Motown are good music. The music that is personified in popular culture in the past 15-20 years, is crap.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:47:31 AM EDT
iM really starting to get a strong case of the WHO GIVES A SHIT!!!
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:47:38 AM EDT
Will he have to rename his children?

P. Diddy Mini
P. Poofy Bite-size
Poppa Diddy Diddy Puff Fun-size
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:49:29 AM EDT

Originally Posted By TheCynic:
Will he have to rename his children?

P. Diddy Mini
P. Poofy Bite-size
Poppa Diddy Diddy Puff Fun-size

Cynic, you crack me up!