Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/9/2005 8:51:30 PM EDT
Is your Dept. looking for some free goddies?  I would like to send some sample products from Magpul to your team leaders to test out, no obligation.  These items will increase the reliabiity and performance  of your weapons.  If interested please Email me contact info including Dept. name and the phone #, name of the team leader and their phone #.  Sorry, I  have to send it to them to make sure it gets in the right hands. Give the team leader a heads up that I'll be calling them.  I will Email a reply with the product info.  No IM's please and serious Depts.  inquirie only.  

And for those of you looking for a personal free-be gift, don't ruin it for others and try to get one by on me, please.

Here is a link to the web site
www.magpul.com

Link Posted: 6/10/2005 2:33:31 AM EDT
[#1]
bumper
Link Posted: 6/10/2005 2:47:46 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/10/2005 3:41:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Bumpage
Link Posted: 6/10/2005 7:40:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Bump for night boys
Link Posted: 6/10/2005 8:09:19 PM EDT
[#5]
e-mail sent

Breacher
Link Posted: 6/10/2005 11:51:39 PM EDT
[#6]
BTT
Link Posted: 6/12/2005 9:49:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Thanks to all who have replied so far.  Look forward to seeing how everything works for ya.
Link Posted: 6/13/2005 9:21:31 AM EDT
[#8]
email inbound.
Link Posted: 6/13/2005 1:27:26 PM EDT
[#9]
e-mail enroute.
Link Posted: 6/13/2005 4:51:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks 7KOPPER for your rapid response. We look forward to putting your stuff through its paces.

Stay safe.
Link Posted: 6/13/2005 8:07:28 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Thanks 7KOPPER for your rapid response. We look forward to putting your stuff through its paces.

Stay safe.

same here.

Breacher
Link Posted: 6/14/2005 9:26:25 AM EDT
[#12]
No prob guys, it's what I do.  Thanks ya'll.
Link Posted: 6/14/2005 12:52:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Have not got an e-mail response yet.   Did you get mine ?

Yes, outstanding.   Good job !
Link Posted: 6/14/2005 2:59:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Good talking to ya Sgt. W.  I'll call you in a week or so to follow up with ya.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/17/2005 4:49:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Got my package today. Stuff looks good, will give it a try sometime next week. What kind of prices are we looking at for the followers and ranger pulls?

Thanks,
Breacher
Link Posted: 6/17/2005 7:18:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Glad to hear you got the goodies.  I'll call you in a few days to follow up.

Best thing is to reference the web site, magpul.com for price info.  Just keep in mind that there are a lot of dealers around the US.  There may be one in your area.  Magpul staff is working on a list of their dealers.  This should help.  And don't forget that their are several web based companies, some of which sell product here on ARF.com.  Check the EE and industrypartners for internet dealers.

IM sent to Breacher  
Link Posted: 6/18/2005 3:09:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 6/18/2005 3:36:38 AM EDT
[#18]
Good deal, enjoy! I'll call ya in a week or so to see what the boys think.  Thanks again for the response.
Link Posted: 6/18/2005 11:08:02 AM EDT
[#19]
7KOPPER,
I sent you an email with my dept. info. I will be in san antonio,tx on 6/19-6/21 for a training class, but feel free to call me on the cell# I gave you. I will call you back on a break or at lunch. Thanks tx50
Link Posted: 6/18/2005 3:59:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Talk to you on Monday. IM sent your way TX50.
Link Posted: 6/20/2005 7:52:28 AM EDT
[#21]
Thanks!  Looking forward to the equipment, we'll give it a work out.
Link Posted: 6/20/2005 7:57:15 AM EDT
[#22]
Got the package Friday, been playing with it ever since.   Yahoo !   Patrol guys are already asking where their's is.............
Link Posted: 6/20/2005 8:27:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 6/20/2005 10:21:23 AM EDT
[#24]
Here you go 7kopper: (Posting pics for 7Kopper)

Sorry it took me so long to post these, I had to go stand by on a meth lab.  
Link Posted: 6/20/2005 4:12:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Gear was in my box this morning. Passed it around to our rifle training guys. It should all get a workout duing SWAT training next week and with some upcoming patrol carbine/rifle training classes.

Thanks 7KOPPER. Stay safe.
Link Posted: 6/21/2005 7:46:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Sgt W,

Thanks for hosting the pics.  

Nate,

Good to hear you got the stuff, let me know how it works.
Link Posted: 6/22/2005 11:11:04 AM EDT
[#27]
7KOPPER,
I just emailed you with the address info for the samples. Thanks in advance. tx50
Link Posted: 6/22/2005 3:57:26 PM EDT
[#28]
TX50, got it, thanks.  On the way.
Link Posted: 6/22/2005 4:02:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Tag
Link Posted: 6/23/2005 3:43:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Hey Fellas, this offer is still good to those interested.  Just shoot me an E mail.
Link Posted: 6/23/2005 6:38:39 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Hey Fellas, this offer is still good to those interested.  Just shoot me an E mail.

mine fell overboard in a tragic boating accident! Can I get some more?

Breacher

Link Posted: 6/23/2005 11:10:31 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm the only officer on my department with an AR....pretty pathetic aint it?
Link Posted: 6/24/2005 12:33:37 AM EDT
[#33]
Don't know if you have thought about it or not but it would be a good idea to do some research.  Take some stats and figures and show them to the brass.  A huge percentage of LE depts. are seeing the importance of a long rifle. I don't know why but somewhere in history LE steered away from patrol Ofc. carrying rifles. As I said, more Depts. are getting use to the idea and see the value and taking advantage of this invaluable tool.

Money is a real issue for a lot of Depts.  What I think is sad is that it takes a tragic incident, like the N. Hollywood bank robbery in the mid 90's in addition to several of other incidents where Ofcs./citizens are hurt or killed for a Dept to be pro active and get a Patrol rifle program started.  

It starts with patrol level Ofc's, Deputies, Sgt's, or anyone with the drive to bring it up to the right people within the Dept. to get something rolling.  So get to it!!!!

USMCSKI, at least your Dept lets you carry your's. I've hear some places view AR's as an assains tool or an over powered weapon for the job and won't let any personal rifle's.  FUCK THAT, don't tell me that shit when there are cops that are killed every year by 7.62's, 5.56's and 308's.  Just like ya don't bring a knife to a gun fight, ya don't bring a pistol to a rifle fight!

Link Posted: 6/24/2005 1:38:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Not to hijack, but if your agency has "money" issues with getting ARs, the agency can get perfectly servicable M16A1s from DRMO for about $25-30 each. You can get enough for 20-40% of your agency's commissioned officers, depending, and the weapons can be easily converted to SEMI only for about another $30 in parts.

If your agency has "political" issues with ARs, then that is another matter.
Link Posted: 6/24/2005 2:22:21 AM EDT
[#35]
USMCSKI, this is exactly the info you need to go to your superiors with.  Then ya need to get a hold of me for some goddies.  

Thanks Nate!   Hey, don't worry about the hijack thing.  It's all related Bro!!
Link Posted: 6/24/2005 9:29:37 PM EDT
[#36]
7Kopper

Good to hear from you today.  I can not wait to see the goodies.  Going to check out the web site now.  

Edit for my bad spelling.
Link Posted: 6/27/2005 11:22:43 AM EDT
[#37]
We are looking into purchasing at least two rifles this budget year. I know the chief has requested a few more but we will have to wait and see what happens.

I used my rifle the other day in a neighboring town that we have mutual aid with. A guy had been drinking and assaulted his wife and step son....the two assault victims had ran from the house and the drunk husband/step father barricaded himself in the house with a .357 and some shotguns.
When we made entry he was DOA. Luckily I did not have to fire any shots......but it was nice to know I wasnt outgunned!!
Link Posted: 6/27/2005 9:22:53 PM EDT
[#38]
USMCSKI,

No money for rifles?  No problem.  Check out the Goverment 1033 program.  Most departments can get at least a few older M-16s for $30 to $40.  They look a bit used, but are great runners.  After you get them, check out how to convert them to meet your needs.

I think www.magpul.com may have some stuff  you want  .  

Damm, I should have read the whole thread.  Plus 1 on what Natez said.  
Link Posted: 6/28/2005 5:15:27 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
USMCSKI,

No money for rifles?  No problem.  Check out the Goverment 1033 program.  Most departments can get at least a few older M-16s for $30 to $40.  They look a bit used, but are great runners.  After you get them, check out how to convert them to meet your needs.

I think www.magpul.com may have some stuff  you want  .  

Damm, I should have read the whole thread.  Plus 1 on what Natez said.  

Go to Law Enforcement Support Office and look up your state coordinator. Give them a call, and they can get you signed up and walk you through the steps for getting M16s, M14s and a bunch of other gear. Weapons follow a slightly different procedure, but it is astoundingly easy to get BDUs, vehicles, Aimpoints, ACOGs, rifle magazines, office furnitue and a bunch of other stuff, free for your agency.

Weapons take about 6 months to acquire but are guaranteed to be in servicable condition. M14s are about $20 and M16s $25-30. Weapons that were formerly MGs must be registered as NFA weapons on a Form 10, even if they are converted to SEMI only.
Link Posted: 6/29/2005 3:25:30 PM EDT
[#40]
7kopper,

It was a pleasure speaking to you.  I look forward to seeing your sample.

Glenn
Link Posted: 6/29/2005 4:24:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Still waiting on my products.  Looking forward to them!
Link Posted: 6/29/2005 7:02:00 PM EDT
[#42]
LPDtac,  IM inbound

Here is the latest.....production version of the MIAD grip system.  Upgraded to an isoplast material and new texture.  Very nice feel to it, less tacky than the 3M tape but more than the pre production.

Link Posted: 7/3/2005 11:24:08 AM EDT
[#43]
Email sent--Thanks for the heads-up on this thread....LL....
Link Posted: 7/3/2005 8:34:36 PM EDT
[#44]
I dont mean to hijack the thread but......I contacted L.E.S.S. and they may give us 1 M16. we have a M14 that belongs to them and would probabally have to return that. Due to our department being so small (6 full time officers) we can only get one rifle from them or at least thats what they are telling me.
We also submitted a request for shotguns and supposedly have been put on their waiting list.
The town I work for is small (about 2 square miles) but the average income level is only $18000 and average education level is 11th grade. Unfortunately this all reflects in our budgett and also the crime levels in town.
Our agency has NO equiptment!!! My Bushmaster  and mossy 500 were purchased by myself for duty use. The neighboring towns officers (who we have mutual aid with) have been issued tasers....they have used them 4 times in the last six months and all four times were in MY town!!!
Link Posted: 7/4/2005 1:49:15 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
I dont mean to hijack the thread but......I contacted L.E.S.S. and they may give us 1 M16. we have a M14 that belongs to them and would probabally have to return that. Due to our department being so small (6 full time officers) we can only get one rifle from them or at least thats what they are telling me.
We also submitted a request for shotguns and supposedly have been put on their waiting list.
The town I work for is small (about 2 square miles) but the average income level is only $18000 and average education level is 11th grade. Unfortunately this all reflects in our budgett and also the crime levels in town.
Our agency has NO equiptment!!! My Bushmaster  and mossy 500 were purchased by myself for duty use. The neighboring towns officers (who we have mutual aid with) have been issued tasers....they have used them 4 times in the last six months and all four times were in MY town!!!

Weapons are typically based on number of sworn officers. They were going with a 20% formula, but I hear that has been increased to 40% lately for M14s and M16A1s. It is possible to get more, even enough for the whole agency, but you have to JUSTIFY why your agency should be an exception to the rules. The formula is per weapons system, so your previous M14 should not affect your M16A1 totals. At 40%, you should be able to get another M14 and TWO M16A1s. Cost is about $20 for M14s and $25-30 for M16A1s. Talk to the LESO Weapons Program Manager directly (the number is on the website somewhere). It used to be a USMC Master Gunnery Sergeant, but I think he retired last year. When the USMC's M16A2s enter the system (supposed to be soon), they will be another weapons system, and your M14s and M16A1s won't count against those totals, either.
Link Posted: 7/6/2005 5:32:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Shipping address emailed...Thanks...LL

Link Posted: 7/7/2005 3:03:55 PM EDT
[#47]
I met up with 7KOPPER last night and checked out all the Magpul products he has on his rifle.  This was the first time I got to see anything besides the basic Magpuls up close and I was impressed.  I really liked the MIAD and the trigger guard and the cost for these is pretty reasonable.  I plan on getting these for my rifle.  The stock is really nice and I would like to play around with one some more.  I think it will be awhile before my wife lets me pony up the money but it definitly peaked my interest.

I also came to the conclusion that 7KOPPER has way too much money and I think he should be forced to split his gear with me.    
Link Posted: 7/7/2005 4:04:31 PM EDT
[#48]
BB493,  

Great to meet you.  I always like to meet the guys from the board.  It's nice to see people who are interested in new, cutting edge gear.

Oh, by the way, I had to save for a long time for all of that crap.  It's been an ongoing dream to own a set up like this.  Annnnnnd........my wife only knows I have the rifle, not all of the goodies!
Link Posted: 7/9/2005 2:00:10 PM EDT
[#49]
You can hide your gear from her at my house anytime you want.  I wont even charge you a storage fee.
Link Posted: 7/15/2005 4:34:04 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top