Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/6/2002 4:12:49 PM EDT
show on swat on the history channel..right now (MST)
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 4:55:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I just found out I have a machine gun! According to the show, the AR-15 is a fully-automatic rifle....

Mine, however, seems to not work as advertised. Just my luck. It only shoots semi-auto.
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 5:22:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Pretty blatant propaganda--the North Hollywood shootout was a victory for the police?  Since when?  They failed to mention how they denied medical attention to the one shooter after he was down, letting him die.  You can rationalize it all you want, but being a SWAT team member is not usually about saving lives, it's about playing god.

The other part that disgusted me was the raid on some lowly drug dealer's apartment.  SWAT should never be used to wage the war on drugs, that is mission creep at its finest.  Someday, I hope we wake up from this national stupor and put paramilitary cops back into very narrowly defined missions.

In my town the SWAT officers are on routine patrol--6 pocket BDUs, drop leg holsters, sometimes even kevlar.  Give me a break!  There has been exactly one incident where they were needed in the last 20 years, and they weren't there to prevent innocent people from getting killed.  All the fancy gear can't replace what is really needed the most--brains (at least some common sense, please!), courage, and humility.  
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 5:26:18 PM EDT
[#3]
yeah, trickshot is right!!  the man is oppressing me.  i feel frightened and alone.  lighten up dude.  i've been SRT for 5 years and i don't take this shit as seriously as you do.
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 5:30:17 PM EDT
[#4]
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/SPECTRE%2F574609%2Ejpg[/img]
[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/SPECTRE%2Fcoppic%2Ejpg[/img]

notice anything similar ???
Link Posted: 2/6/2002 5:33:39 PM EDT
[#5]
that's pretty cool.
i've saved at least 5 lives by doing my job, getting shot twice in the process. you're right"america should wake up!" maybe i should have just let those people die, and been less paramilitary.
what have you done?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top