Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/11/2001 8:05:00 AM EDT
for your state county, and local LEO's?
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 8:12:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Simple courtesy requires everyone to be treated with respect until they prove unworthy.
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 8:12:33 AM EDT
[#2]
respect them as individuals trying to do a tough job, unless they prove themselves unworthy. then respect the harm they can do you.
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 8:13:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Locked.
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 8:17:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 8:20:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 8:24:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
respect them as individuals trying to do a tough job, unless they prove themselves unworthy. then respect the harm they can do you.
View Quote

As in respect they enemies? I will not cower to rogue officials, and surely would never respect them!
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 8:27:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 8:28:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 8:30:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What Ed, Sr. said.  How about the respect each earns--just like everyone else.  No generalizing allowed.  Why is this such a difficult concept for some to grasp?  I'm tempted to start name calling, but won't.  I wouldn't even respond to this lunacy if I had a lick of sense.
View Quote

I understand exactly what you say, but how come the generalized militia bashing is ok to some of you, especially those in law enforcement?

Link Posted: 7/11/2001 8:31:01 AM EDT
[#10]
What should it be, little, or no respect....for your (insert ethnic, religious, or professional  group here)?

Generalizations can lead to huge mistakes.

Edited because I wanted to add this;

Anyone who supports themselves through employment from the person who asks "do you want fries with that." to the brain surgeon deserves my respect.  

The life sucking welfare cheats  are the only people not worthy of my respect.
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 8:33:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 8:40:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
What Ed, Sr. said.  How about the respect each earns--just like everyone else.  No generalizing allowed.  Why is this such a difficult concept for some to grasp?  I'm tempted to start name calling, but won't.  I wouldn't even respond to this lunacy if I had a lick of sense.
View Quote

I understand exactly what you say, but how come the generalized militia bashing is ok to some of you, especially those in law enforcement?

View Quote

I am a member in good standing of the unorganized militia of the United States of America.  I do not stand for it (us) being bashed by anyone.  I have never heard an LEO (other than politically connected whores at the "top.") bash the militia.  Again, don't condemn the 90% for the actions of the few.
View Quote

Then you have not seen, nor read previous posts in relation to militia introduced as food for thought, to which many on this board claiming to be LEO's for some reason or another bashed the militia, by repeating quotes of various anti-american not for profits that claim to monitor militia activity in america!
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 8:43:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 8:45:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 8:50:35 AM EDT
[#15]

Simple courtesy requires everyone to be treated with respect until they prove unworthy.
View Quote

I am for that...
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 8:53:32 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 8:57:04 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Locked.
View Quote

I can see the future...
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 8:59:50 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 9:02:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 9:06:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Sorry guys but I don't GIVE respect to anyone... they have to earn it.

As for LEO's they get my courtesy in the beginning.  However, almost all my previous contacts with LEO's in past 25 years has been very unpleasent.  I guess being a a$$hole is a  requirement to be a big city cop.

I have several friends who are LEO with local county and federal agencies and even they admit they are a$$holes while on duty.  It seems thats how they try to get respect... instead it just gives them bad name.

Link Posted: 7/11/2001 9:28:44 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can see the future...
View Quote

Don't you mean......... the near future? [:D]
View Quote

Indeed.
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 9:40:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Well, we sure have come a long way from those days when the John Birch Society was handing out "SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL POLICE" bumper stickers, haven't we?

While I am home, asleep, curled up in a fetal position, lying next to Miz Hun, dreaming of my next high-dollar firearm acquisition, there are some poor schlubs running down a darkened alley in pursuit of some possibly armed(?) perp.

You couldn't get ME to run down that darkened alley for a million dollars, but these guys are doing it for a helluva lot less!

When my son-in-law is out of town, leaving my daughter and precious 4 year old granddaughter home alone in the boonies, the Collin County Sheriff's Office is unaware that I'm a lawyer when I call and tell them I'd like the Deputy on patrol that evening to check on them during his rounds. I'm [u]just[/u] a concerned citizen.

And when the Deputy drives up their driveway to knock on the door, he always spends a few extra minutes 'looking around.'  If any goblins are in the vicinity, I'm certain they don't linger long. [b]That, my friend, is priceless.[/b]

Of course my daughter's reaction is always "Aw, Dad, I've got Steve's AR-15. We're safe."

I know you are, honey, but dads will always be dads.

No the LEO problem is from the top, not the bottom.  It's the chiefs that make a department what it is, having usually worked their way up through the ranks.

It's the political police chiefs, the appointed folks who never wore the blue until the Mayor annouces their appointment as chief at a press conference, who never had the misfortune to chase a perp down a darkened alley, who never had to take cover and scream into a shaking hand-held radio "Officer down!" that are the real source of problems.

If Police Chief Gates had spent more time with his men and women, rooting out the misfits, and less time doing the talk show circuits, there may never have been an LAPD problem.

Law Enforcement Officers should automatically receive our respect and support, until there is evidence that indicates otherwise. Same as in the military, you respect the uniform, if for no other reason.

How about respecting lawyers as our next topic?

Eric The(IGotNothingGoodToSayAboutThem!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 9:59:33 AM EDT
[#23]
You know, I've said a few things in different police topics...  At times, I even get called things like a "dirty rookie."

But, if there's anything that I [b]do[/b] know, it's that 99% of police out there are owed our support.

They're underpaid.  Tell me, how much should someone who drivers around all day looking for trouble[makers] get paid?  How much should someone who can't just walk away from problems when s/he gets tired of dealing with them get paid?

They're overworked.  I don't know about your areas, but around here the newspapers report about police overtime a lot.  No, it's not because of time card fudging, it's because there's a shortage.

They're under a lot of glaring light.  In what other profession can you be canned or disciplined for doing your job?  What other profession has to put up with liberal do-gooder "citizen advisory" boards as much as the police profession?

I respect police.  Yeah, at times I wish they wouldn't enforce certain laws.  Gee, Mr. X had a bayonet lug on their rifle.  Oh, Ms. Y was caught with a joint.

Yeah, LEO's put them in jail, give them fines, etc.  I don't like to see or hear about that.  But, instead of getting angry with them, I get angry with the folks who make those laws in the first place.

Mike

EDITED to correct spelling errors.
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 10:13:53 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

I have seen quite a bit of this too. This is because they believe that a-hole Mark Pitcavage's and ADL/SPLC crap. It is just fine to make gross generalizations about the militia but try to post a newspaper article about police corruption and the thread gets locked. Can you say "thin blue line"???
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 11:14:59 AM EDT
[#25]
When you are treated with disrespect from the drive-thru cashier at Wendy's, do you go verbally bashing the drive-thru worker at McDonalds?

The key to this argument as "individuals".  You can't, more often than not, judge a collective by one of its members.  If Officer McDickhead gives you unnecessary crap during his traffic patrol, then give Mr. McDickhead equal treatment for the rest of his days.  But don't let that change your viewpoint on Sgt. Goodman, because you know from experience that he's a respectable, honest officer doing his job.  For all the people in between that you DON'T know, treat them with the utmost respect, and ONLY otherwise, if they do not do the same for you.

[brown]Evil Jewbroni~[/brown]
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 11:32:22 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 11:36:03 AM EDT
[#27]
Hey, Jewbroni!

Another reason you don't show disrespect to the drive-through folks at either Wendy's or MacD's is THEY ARE ALONE WITH [u]YOUR[/u] FOOD!!!!

Who knows what 'special sauce' may end up in your burger?

Eric The(ThankYouRichardJeni)Hun[>]:)]

Link Posted: 7/11/2001 11:47:01 AM EDT
[#28]
To The Very Young Jewbroni-

Don't dis fast food spots, you will easily get loogies and fecal matter in your food, and a real odd tasting "diet coke".
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 11:54:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 12:04:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 12:06:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 12:17:48 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
To The Very Young Jewbroni-

Don't dis fast food spots, you will easily get loogies and fecal matter in your food, and a real odd tasting "diet coke".
View Quote

To The Very Slow Chaingun-

Learn to correctly distinguish the difference between a direct event and an analogy.
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 12:23:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
These threads are getting really out of hand.  The idea of judging entire groups of people by the acts of a small minority is ludicrous.This philosophy comes from ignorance and prejudice. I am tired of this cop bashing, isn't anyone else?
View Quote

Excellent point crowboy. Unless you are refering to a paticular incident and can relate the details, you appear to simply attack LEOs for no good reason whatsoever. I would rather not read about "bashing" anyone or any group that is on "OUR SIDE", yourself included. Just drop this topic, go see an movie, have a beer, come back, and start over. (no bashing this time)

Tyler  
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 1:52:57 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 1:57:19 PM EDT
[#35]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top