Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2008 5:53:54 AM EDT
Is the Social Security I pay into every 2 weeks for my retirement the same fund welfare recipients sponge off when they become lazy er, "disabled"?

Or is this a different, seperate fund, unrelated to normal age 62 type Social Security?
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:02:09 AM EDT
I wouldn't get too worked up about it.
Its not going to be there when you retire.

Make other plans.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:05:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/22/2008 6:06:05 AM EDT by pale_pony]
There is no "Separate Account" for social security/Medicare/Medicaid, all the money goes into the same general account that all of our tax dollars go into...but there'e no money left there anyway. The account is empty and all that is left is a fistfull of "IOU's" left from all the politicians stealing the money for their individual "earmark" projects.

In fewer words: Unless you're drawing the money NOW, you're fuqqed.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:07:31 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:07:40 AM EDT
Would be nice to be able to opt out of that bullshit scheme.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:09:19 AM EDT

Originally Posted By peekay:

I have heard that the Amish are exempt. If this is true, I'd love to know how they do it.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:09:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/22/2008 6:09:45 AM EDT by pale_pony]
damn double-tap
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:14:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/22/2008 6:22:44 AM EDT by klinc]

Originally Posted By pale_pony:

Originally Posted By peekay:

I have heard that the Amish are exempt. If this is true, I'd love to know how they do it.

and scientologists.

EDIT: Ok could have sworn I read that before but cant seem to find it now to provide links.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:15:21 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Forest:

Originally Posted By DOW:
Is the Social Security I pay into every 2 weeks for my retirement the same fund welfare recipients sponge off when they become lazy er, "disabled"?

Or is this a different, seperate fund, unrelated to normal age 62 type Social Security?

There is no 'fund' All your money you pay NOW goes to pay benefits for today's recipiants. Future workers will pay for your benefits.

It's the world's largest Ponzi scheme.

Yup.

Though technically the IOU's are T-bills. Not that it makes a ton of difference.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:58:47 AM EDT

Originally Posted By klinc:
[and scientologists.

EDIT: Ok could have sworn I read that before but cant seem to find it now to provide links.

Damn! That would be enough to make me a con-vert too. j/k
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 7:02:30 AM EDT

Originally Posted By pale_pony:

They don't work for remunerations.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 7:05:45 AM EDT
SSI is a federal welfare program administered by the SSA. It does NOT use SSA trust funds.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 7:07:10 AM EDT

Originally Posted By rkbar15:
SSI is a federal welfare program administered by the SSA. It does NOT use SSA trust funds.

What I was looking for. Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:38:02 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Forest:
There is no 'fund' All your money you pay NOW goes to pay benefits for today's recipients. Future workers will pay for your benefits.

It's the world's largest Ponzi scheme.

Which is exactly why it is failing. People counted on the birth rate remaining the same or increasing, which it hasn't. When it started something like 30 workers took care of 1 elderly person, not its more like 5.

I should not exist soon, but who knows.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 8:45:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/22/2008 8:47:27 AM EDT by HUMONGO]

Originally Posted By DOW:

Same money. Whether it's taken as FICA or Federal taxes, doesn't matter. What should make you sick is the fact that children can get disability payments.

WTF, disability was intended for disabled workers.

There are a couple Social Security employees on here.
Top Top