Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2008 6:54:39 AM EDT
What is the process for an SOT purchasing a post 86 demo?  I know they have to get a LEO Demo letter requesting the certain gun.  Do they then simply file a Form 3 and have the gun that quick, or do they have to wait the same amount of time as a Form 4/ Form 1?

Also I've noticed that most SOTs have post sample weapons- how hard is it to get LEO demo letters? How much is the SOT costs on top of a regular FFL per year?

As expensive as pre 86 guns are getting, becoming a SOT FFL might not be bad method of getting the fun stuff, if you are willing and have the Commercially zoned space.

Link Posted: 4/17/2008 6:58:54 AM EDT
[#1]
This has been discussed over and over

That's just one thread of it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:04:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:07:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Dont do like those idiots in IN? MO? KY?, that were busted for bribing a police chief for letters.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:13:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Here's a sample of a "love" letter.

Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:15:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:16:02 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Here's a sample of a "love" letter.

i25.tinypic.com/2hd1vg6.jpg

Man I'd hate to look at an officer the wrong way if they had a 1919 propped up between the seats.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:16:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Wow- that would be sweet- the ability to purchase all of those machine guns for that price and legally.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top