Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/1/2002 7:03:20 AM EDT
I have to look very presentable in about 45 minutes. I need to shave (badly), brush my teeth, and I shower wouldnt hurt either....

Well, I just woke up, and what do I find?

I DONT HAVE ANY WATER!!!!!!!!! I'm on the County well, so WTF?
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 7:13:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Put icecubes in a stove pan or microwave and do a washclothe bath and teeth brush. Dry shavee real slow like.
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 7:13:50 AM EDT
[#2]
You got at least three gallons in the back of your toilet.  You also got about 20-30 in your water heater.  Get showering!

Crash
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 7:14:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I just thought of toilet but ya beat me too it -lol
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 7:20:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Toliets got flushed, besides I could never bring myself to do that, even know I know it's perfectly fine water.

I dont know WTF is wrong, but showers arent working either...
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 7:22:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I just thought of toilet but ya beat me too it -lol
View Quote

He probably already used it. [:D]

I have 30 gal of emergency drinking water around, and I keep thinking that's not enough.
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 6:54:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I've been through this a few times when the city water main has broken. That's the reason I started stockpiling water. Everytime I finish a bottle of juice I fill it iwth water and put it in the spare bedroom with my other shtf stuff
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 6:56:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Would this qualify as a SHTF scenario for the C-Guy?

Noah
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 6:57:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 11:20:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Well....tell us about your important appointment and what ya did to get ready. You better get a water stash Computer Guy...water is GOLD when SHTF (ever see that Twilight Zone where gold was worthless but water was priceless-the one where bank robbers put themselves to sleep to wake up in the future so they could spend their gold)
Link Posted: 9/2/2002 11:27:33 AM EDT
[#10]
The water heater is kind of useless for running the shower w/o water pressure.

If he ran a hose to the spout on the bottom of the WH, he could get (scalding hot) water, but it won't go thru the pipes because there is no pressure to force it through (WHs don't have pumps, they rely on cold water pushing the hot out when the tap is opened.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top