Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2004 6:36:58 PM EST

I was loading the softwear that came with a Sony digital handycam on my computer that is running XP Home and I got a warning from Windows. While I was downloading the driver from the softwear that came with the camcorder a warning came up that the softwear I was loading was not Windows Logo Tested and if I load it that it could cause problem with my system. It suggested that I contact the vendor and request softwear that has been Windows Logo Tested. Anyone ran into this problem before? Is this just a licensing issue?
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 8:58:57 PM EST
i have run into them and sometimes this will happen with new software or stuff that hasn't yet met the logo requirements. personally, i really don't worry about it because i have been around the block a few times with computers, but not knowing your computer knowledge i would play it safe and visit the sony website and see if there is anything there pertaining the logo requirements. i have had manuals that will specifically say that you will get this warning and not to worry about it, but this is just my experience.
Top Top