BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/26/2011 5:01:19 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 5:04:11 PM EDT
[#1]
i don't have tv, but am curious to hear what you guys think of this show..
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 5:05:58 PM EDT
[#2]
The guys an arfcommer, i think, haha...

Read somewhere they made him put up the storefront...
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 5:06:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Watching.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 5:09:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Snow stuck to my satellite dish

It's on the roof.

I stood on the patio table with the hose taped to a pole trying to rinse it off in a blowing snow storm.  

Soaking wet.... I failed my mission

No TV for me, but I do have a fire to dry off in front of.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 5:14:26 PM EDT
[#5]
DVR has it

I caught a few minutes at the beginning...guys shows up with a $125,000 canon from the Civil War and they want to fire it, but the guy said he needs to xray it first to check for metal fatigue, but if it checks out, "I'll pull the lanyard on the first round."

Oh, yea. This has potential.

Link Posted: 1/26/2011 5:37:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I liked the first episode. The owner, Will Hayden, seems like a really likable guy, and his daughter isn't hard on the eyes, and it looks like she keeps her dad in line. It looks like this show may have potential.

Link Posted: 1/26/2011 5:38:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Super Dupe.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 5:41:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

... -Are my thoughts so far.

Yawn.

Link Posted: 1/26/2011 5:43:13 PM EDT
[#9]
High expectations.

Watched once, will not watch again...
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 5:50:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yawn.

Yea. Hey you can buy a custom suppressed 9mm ar-15 based off a nice olympic arms rifle or pay an upcharge and get a rock river arms one.

On the second show they keep talking about a grenade launcher but says it is a replica. Not sure if it is a real one or a 37mm flare gun.

I do like how they keep talking about their master key as new and whatnot when KAC has been selling one for years. The difference is theirs is a semi auto and can hold more rounds then the kac but they are talking like they are the first to connect a shotgun to a rifle.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 6:09:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Yawn.

Yea. Hey you can buy a custom suppressed 9mm ar-15 based off a nice olympic arms rifle or pay an upcharge and get a rock river arms one.

On the second show they keep talking about a grenade launcher but says it is a replica. Not sure if it is a real one or a 37mm flare gun.

I do like how they keep talking about their master key as new and whatnot when KAC has been selling one for years. The difference is theirs is a semi auto and can hold more rounds then the kac but they are talking like they are the first to connect a shotgun to a rifle.

and the saiga abortion is fucking huge.

Link Posted: 1/26/2011 6:20:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That was my thought. They have a shop and can obviously manufacture but the best they come up with is some rail and a hacksaw. Then the mill going down was a big issue. The vmc must have been down also.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 7:09:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Yes. That it was. Hope they were just dumbing it down for TV. Maybe not. Maybe he is just as dumb as most of the FFL's I've ever dealt with.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 7:10:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Just horrible.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 7:11:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Just horrible.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 7:12:09 PM EDT
[#16]
I dug the silenced Saiga though
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 7:28:58 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I dug the silenced Saiga though

+1 and at least it's not another build a bike show. Name a better gun show on TV then start complaining. Most shows are not home runs on the first few episodes. I will definitely give it a chance.

Link Posted: 1/26/2011 7:53:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Looked bad, progressed to meh...

Decided I wouldn't faithfully watch it, but might catch some more episodes.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 7:53:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That was my thought. They have a shop and can obviously manufacture but the best they come up with is some rail and a hacksaw. Then the mill going down was a big issue. The vmc must have been down also.

It looks like with a little work they could have made it smaller as well. I do like how it is semi auto although I don't know when a door breacher would need more then the 3 rounds the kac holds(2 in the tube and one in the chamber).
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 7:54:22 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm pretty sure that was a 37mm launcher because he was shooting "super breakers" out front of the shop. I don't think they make super breakers in 40mm?

37mm Super breakers:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=212405287

Link Posted: 1/26/2011 7:59:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'm pretty sure that was a 37mm launcher because he was shooting "super breakers" out front of the shop. I don't think they make super breakers in 40mm?

37mm Super breakers:

37mm

Several of the scenes, you can see the right side of the launcher, and you can see the charging handle.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 8:09:18 PM EDT
[#22]
Nothing good yet. I'll try watching a couple more times.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 8:13:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 8:22:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Wasn't bad, owner has personality. Fortunately no "chopper" drama queens.....yet.

Discovery has a pretty good show in Flying Wild Alaska as well. (Not so much the guys eskimo wife with the bullwhip)
The flying and scenery are great, and a fine insight into the flying/FBO business.

Link Posted: 1/26/2011 8:24:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Nothing good yet. I'll try watching a couple more times.

Just horrible

etc.....

What do you guys want?  they are a working machine shop.  yeah, they aren't the first to suppress a shotgun, or create a masterkey, or whatever....

But, they show how they build stuff and they shoot guns....

you know what, nobody should watch this, it is halfway decent....it will probably get better.

If we are lucky, they will cancel it so we can get another "Jersey shore" or "the bachelor" ripoff  

Link Posted: 1/26/2011 8:40:40 PM EDT
[#26]
It's interesting to watch. Seems dumbed down but I'm not so sure...

I feel like they are going to run out of stuff to reinvent soon and then it will be more about the people and less about guns. I see some gun cleaning vids soon.
Link Posted: 1/26/2011 8:43:23 PM EDT
[#27]
I figure any show about guns and building them can't be that bad.

I'm not complaining.
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 3:13:05 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

37mm Super breakers:

37mm

Several of the scenes, you can see the right side of the launcher, and you can see the charging handle.

Also, it was either on a round, or on the box that held them, was marked "37mm."

By biggest complaint is they didn't show enough of the machining work.  I can understand why they wouldn't show the public what goes into making the guts of a silencer or any proprietary work, however they could've shown the issues involved in shortening a gas operated shotgun.
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 4:00:09 AM EDT
[#29]
I've got to agree that at least it 's a TV show favoring the 'black gun' industry. Personally liked the show.
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 4:18:55 AM EDT
[#30]
And where's mom?  A-T-F trouble maybe?
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 4:32:06 AM EDT
[#31]
It's good, only complaint around is they dumb it down for the uninformed, which might be a good thing PR wise.
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 6:10:02 AM EDT
[#32]
He said it had been around. They are all excited that he did it first with the saiga. In case you havn't figured it out, Saiga conversions and AK builds are his staple. I liked the show, I do think some of the staged reality show stuff is a bit over the top, but I know the man loves his daughter and wants to give her some airtime on the show.
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 6:15:50 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I've got to agree that at least it 's a TV show favoring the 'black gun' industry. Personally liked the show.

+1

Definitely better that 95% of the shit on TV
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 6:21:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Anything on TV that shows guns in a good light helps 'normalize' them and thus helps us in our fight.
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 6:26:18 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
It's good, only complaint around is they dumb it down for the uninformed, which might be a good thing PR wise.

Haven't watched this yet, but if the show got a following, it may be able to bring to light some of the hassle with the ATF.
Think about it, if Snooki was being worked over by an agent and about to lose her(whatever she has. I don't watch the show)
there would be rioting in the streets.

Maybe this show can turn things in our favor with the reality TV crowd.
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 6:34:27 AM EDT
[#36]
I hate to nitpick, but did anyone else get annoyed that he kept calling that cheap 37mm flare launcher
a "grenade launcher" and they acted like it was a big deal to have one?

For crying out loud, out of all of the things in that shop, that so-called grenade launcher is the only thing
you could buy from him that did not require NFA paperwork, a 4473 form or any kind of background check.

I realize the average viewer knows nothing about most weapons, but don't dumb the show
down to a 4th grade level.

This show, in addition to being entertaining, could also teach the sheeple a little bit about NFA laws,
and inform the masses that silencers, destructive devices, and machineguns are legal in most states.

Overall, I enjoyed the show and I liked Will's personality. I will definitely tune in again next week.

Link Posted: 1/27/2011 6:40:24 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
And where's mom?  A-T-F trouble maybe?

How do you know about that?
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 6:45:12 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Absolutely. Not everybody's a gun person and if you don't give them a place to 'start' then they get lost.
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 6:47:23 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I hate to nitpick, but did anyone else get annoyed that he kept calling that cheap 37mm flare launcher
a "grenade launcher" and they acted like it was a big deal to have one?

For crying out loud, out of all of the things in that shop, that so-called grenade launcher is the only thing
you could buy from him that did not require NFA paperwork, a 4473 form or any kind of background check.

I realize the average viewer knows nothing about most weapons, but don't dumb the show
down to a 4th grade level.

This show, in addition to being entertaining, could also teach the sheeple a little bit about NFA laws,
and inform the masses that silencers, destructive devices, and machineguns are legal in most states.

Overall, I enjoyed the show and I liked Will's personality. I will definitely tune in again next week.

Yes it annoyed the hell out of me. It was a 37mm flare gun not a DD. Either they were playing stupid about it for TV or they really are stupid. I can admit I yelled at the TV when I got tired of them calling it a Grenade launcher.

I did like the suppressed 12 ga.

I thought they put way too much time puffing themselves up with the master key. In the beginning the guy even said they were made already. So im not sure why he was thinking he was going to be a game changer from hacking apart a saiga. I guess maybe more rounds but how many doors do you need to breach?
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 6:58:36 AM EDT
[#40]
I was kind of disappointed.  Thought it would have been better.  I wanted to like it.  I don't see it lasting, unfortunately.
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 7:00:05 AM EDT
[#41]
It was watchable  and I will tune in again.

I had 2 builds done by Redjacket Firearms a few years back. A Saiga 12 and a SAR3 converted into a "Zombie-Killer".  Both got the Tromix stock, H&K sights , refinished , ect ect. Can't remember exact cost, but it wasn't cheap and the wait time was months longer than initially quoted. Once I got the Saiga 12, I had to ship back the bolt handle as it broke off during shipping. Turn-around wasn't bad on the repair . Only a week or so and I had it back.  Never got to fire it as I traded or sold it off once the novelty wore off. I'm not a huge shotgun guy however.

The SAR3 ended up being shipped to another customer and I received his rifle. So that added a week + to getting my rifle back. I was kinda nervous that the other party might decide to "play" with my rifle before sending it back to Redjacket. When I did finally get it everything condition wise was fine. The rifle itself had a rail mounted on top of the rear sight base . But with the galil type charging handle nothing could be mounted to it as it would hit anything on there. Wasn't a big fan of the H&K sights , but that is just my preference. Fired a few hundred rounds through it and it worked great (the SAR3's I've owned all were great .223 AK's) . While alot cooler looking than a stock SAR3, it did nothing more than a stock one. A friend owns it now and he is really happy with it.  

I talked to Will on the phone a few times and he was always really cool . His daughter was also nice and both were always really good at getting back to me.          

Link Posted: 1/27/2011 7:18:59 AM EDT
[#42]
Saying a shotgun had never been suppressed is just silly B.S. X-raying a cannon with a BABY CHECKER was just stupid. I was expecting them to take it some place and have it fully checked meaning a full x-ray.

I don't think a grown man should have to put up with being told how to run his business by his kid. It bugged me and was just more fake drama that made the show stupider than it needed to be.
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 7:24:52 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Saying a shotgun had never been suppressed is just silly B.S. X-raying a cannon with a BABY CHECKER was just stupid. I was expecting them to take it some place and have it fully checked meaning a full x-ray.

I don't think a grown man should have to put up with being told how to run his business by his kid. It bugged me and was just more fake drama that made the show stupider than it needed to be.

Cost them $2000  
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 7:35:01 AM EDT
[#44]
Will is probably saying some of the same things to himself.
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 7:37:27 AM EDT
[#45]
Dahhhdee the x-ray costed $2000....
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 7:44:07 AM EDT
[#46]
Very interesting.  I used to correspond with him back when I was building AKs on www.gunco.net
That was like 5 years ago.  Will have to check it out.
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 7:51:27 AM EDT
[#47]
Missed it, but the DVR shoulda got it...  Hopefully, I'll get to check it out tonight...

I'm not expecting much, but hey, its a Gun related show, might as well give it a chance...
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 11:37:35 AM EDT
[#48]
The daughter / boss thing annoys me.... But  at least it deals with an interesting topic and not some dancing with the douches or other visual puke.
Link Posted: 1/27/2011 11:50:22 AM EDT
[#49]

Okay now at least- the show might be interesting.

Link Posted: 1/27/2011 11:56:42 AM EDT
[#50]
Other than his staff looking like the inmates from MSNBC's Lockup, he takes forever making a gun, then takes a day in the middle of the week off. Lazy southerns. I see that attitude all the time. "Hey, I made a few hundred bucks painting a house! I won't be working for a few days! Yay!"
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top