Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/30/2009 5:39:48 PM EDT
I love SOCOM on the PS3 and would like to play with some of you ARFCOM guys who is still playing?

Also if you are not what game like SOCOM are you on now?

I just got back from Iraq so I am a little rusty behind the sticks but getting there.

OricalThinks is my PS3 ID
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 1:19:14 AM EDT
[#1]
i play occasionally. SOCOM or COD4...then in a few weeks COD:MW2...im on left 4 dead 2 on pc right now

PS3 ID: CajunSlave06
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 10:21:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I still play SOCOM, but I'm mostly waiting for the DLC to come out right now. I've been playing Uncharted 2 (YOU MUST BUY THAT) and waiting for Modern Warfare 2 even though it's not like SOCOM to me.

http://www.socom.com/en-us/

Go to there and click the links at the bottom right to see the new maps coming and the ones returning from older SOCOMs. There's an older entry on there that shows everything in the DLC pack.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:28:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I love SOCOM on the PS3 and would like to play with some of you ARFCOM guys who is still playing?

I just got back from Iraq so I am a little rusty behind the sticks but getting there.

If you want to play PS3 w/ Arfcommers I'd say to get ready for COD:MW2 in a couple of weeks.  I'd expect most of the crew to be back together.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 8:24:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you want to play PS3 w/ Arfcommers I'd say to get ready for COD:MW2 in a couple of weeks.  I'd expect most of the crew to be back together.

11/10/09 by 12:30am I should be on PSN TL1000RSquid

How is SOCOM these days? I never tried it, friend got when it was released and I remember him bitching about having to download a 3 hour update and it still being buggy.  I've seen used copies for $20 or less.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 10:11:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

11/10/09 by 12:30am I should be on PSN TL1000RSquid

How is SOCOM these days? I never tried it, friend got when it was released and I remember him bitching about having to download a 3 hour update and it still being buggy.  I've seen used copies for $20 or less.

The game definitely isn't as buggy as other games out there anymore since patch 1.5 came out, but the game can never shake the bad rep it received after launch, so a lot of people are still bitching just for the sake of bitching. It plays well now and it getting it's one and only DLC pack coming out soon that will add a lot of features and 5 maps (3 classic maps) along with patch 1.6 that fixes more bugs and adds some free DLC which is 2 factions and like 6 weapons I think including my old favorite, the Uzi. Overall, the game is much improved from launch, but will always maintain its shitty reputation from the SOCOM community. Most of the Slant Six's (the developer) employees were laid off and its contract with Sony for Confrontation hasn't been renewed which is why the DLC will be its last short of a miracle. Slant Six is now working on Fireteam Bravo 3 which just got delayed from January when it was supposed to be released Nov. 17. So the game is fine, but the developer is in real bad shape with a really bad reputation.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:08:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Cool cool, see you guys online. I purchased that Borderlands game....mix opinion on that.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:17:10 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Cool cool, see you guys online. I purchased that Borderlands game....mix opinion on that.

i got it for PC, i love borderlands...the cell shaded graphics are different, but i wish it was more online play, like more than just 4 player online.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top