Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
4/1/2020 6:58:51 AM
Posted: 1/8/2005 8:13:36 PM EDT
Why do they suck so much now? They used to be funny but the bits are so bland. Anyone concur?
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 8:14:29 PM EDT
MadTV was always teh sux. It was NEVER funny. Only funny skit on there is Stuart.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 8:20:39 PM EDT
I think SNL isn't that great anymore because they don't have the really funny recurring characters to carry the show each week.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 8:35:22 PM EDT
I hate both of them.  MAD TV is so bad, I don't want to think about it.  WTF was Comedy Central thinking swapping SNL for MAD TV?  Who watches that shit?  I mean, some people enjoy SNL, I rarely do, though MAD TV is just plain awful.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 1:01:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/9/2005 1:01:33 PM EDT by HK_Shooter_03]
SNL has been bad for the last 20 years.

Bumping a dead thread people
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 1:22:45 PM EDT

Originally Posted By HK_Shooter_03:

No way...  Late 80's early 90's that shit was great!
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 1:32:53 PM EDT
oh come on.  Will Sasso's impersonation of Kenny Rogers was just too freakin funny.

The new MADTV sucks though.  All the good people on it left for some reason.

SNL has sucked for decades now.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 1:52:21 PM EDT

Originally Posted By doorgunner84:

No way...  Late 80's early 90's that shit was great!

I think you mean the late '70's. Belushi, Chase, Jane "You Ignorant Slut" Curtain, Akroyd, etc.

Land Shark, Samuri Deli. Those were the real funny days and Lorne was not such an asshat. The show had some highlights after that, Eddie Murphy and such, but never regained it's glory. Those days are sadly gone. Now, it's just a political vehicle to spew left wing crap.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 1:55:40 PM EDT
The only funny skits on Mad-TV were the short films made to look just like Gumby and Davey & Goliath.

I remember one called "Davey and Son of Goliath", it looked just like Davey and Goliath, but Davey was the son of Sam, and Goliath would appear out of nowhere whenever Davey saw girls giggling in a car, and say things like "They're laughing at you Davey!", then he'd get a gun out of a claymation bush in his mouth, hand it to Davey, and say "You know what to do Davey, she's a slut!".  That was a classic!

And the Black chick on Mad-Tv has a smoking body, though that tattoo is nasty.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:01:50 PM EDT

Why do they suck so much now? They used to be funny but the bits are so bland. Anyone concur?

Yep.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:08:43 PM EDT
They've sucked for quite awhile...they are simply running out of things to do.  Remember the Simpsons...that showed ruled!  300 episodes later...its starting to suck because of a lack of ideas.

I think Chappelle Show is better than either one them was or ever will be.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:14:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/9/2005 2:14:53 PM EDT by DFD]
I liked MadTV... I haven't watched it recently, though I know they got rid of a lot of the good guys

Did anyone ever see the skit with the box for excuses not to go to work etc? They'd be on the phone with each other and the person trying to make an excuse would press a button a box and it'd say "I can't come to work today because I have....female polio" or things like that. They had a piece of tape running along the refrigerator to make it look like they were in seperate places but then it split the fridge in half and then the one lady walked right across the tape and left.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:56:36 PM EDT
The funniness factor on Madtv is like a roller coaster, up and down, up and down.  One week will be hillarious, the next week is, ok to stupid.  Take yesterday for example, not real funny.

SNL, i havent seen the new episodes.  

Yes, they have shown some episodes on Comedy Central.  Recently its been episodes with the cast that had Will Ferrell and others.  

If you want to see old SNL episodes, they are on E.

Want to know what the funniest sketch show right now is, its Blue Collar TV on the WB network.  Jeff Foxworthy, Larry the Cable Guy, and Bill Engvall are on it.  Very funny.  
Top Top