Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/28/2003 5:31:55 PM EDT
So im going boarding. Any good Hotels or deals or tips for a good weekend in the late season?

[url]http://www.whistler-blackcomb.com/[/url]
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 5:36:10 PM EDT
[#1]
never been there, but its supposed to be the best place in north america...have fun!
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 5:48:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Any good Hotels or deals or tips for a good weekend in the late season?
View Quote

Good luck.  I wanted to go there for New Year's and the cheapest room we could find was over $700 a night.  Hopefully it's not so bad now.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 5:48:54 PM EDT
[#3]
yeah....don't go down the Sudan Coulier(sp?) unless you are really, really, really good.

i liked blackcomb better than whistler. i thought the skiing was better than at whistler.

seemed like there were more canadians at whistler. and more americans at blackcomb.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 5:51:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
yeah....don't go down the Sudan Coulier(sp?) unless you are really, really, really good.

i liked blackcomb better than whistler. i thought the skiing was better than at whistler.

seemed like there were more canadians at whistler than blackcomb. and more americans at blackcomb than whistler.
View Quote

Blackcomb is closed for the year [V] but Whistler is open.

And this late in the season the hotels are cheap! like $50-$80 Canadian! W00T!
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 6:22:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

seemed like there were more canadians at whistler than blackcomb. and more americans at blackcomb than whistler.
View Quote

View Quote

That seems odd. I grew up in Marysville and every summer we would sleep in a truck from June until August rideing Blackcomb and Whistler was allways closed.

There are a few snowboard camps on Blackcomb all summer.

Hit the few night clubs in the village and you will party with some hot girls.

What dates are you going? Blackcomb reopens the glacier June 9.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 6:55:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

That seems odd. I grew up in Marysville and every summer we would sleep in a truck from June until August rideing Blackcomb and Whistler was allways closed.

There are a few snowboard camps on Blackcomb all summer.

Hit the few night clubs in the village and you will party with some hot girls.

What dates are you going? Blackcomb reopens the glacier June 9.
View Quote

June 6-7, damn I'll mis the glacier but the hotties will be in the club!

How is the snow this late in the year?
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 7:04:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I've been going to Whistler for the past 3 seasons.  If you are on a budget, check out the  hostels.  "Fireside lodge" ranks amoung the best.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 10:33:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Great = Rare early June 10" dump with great early morning freshys

Fun = Sunny 75 and soft sloppy corn snow

NASTY = Cloudy super frozen corn

No matter what it's like I will be wishing I was there. Best friend died there falling off a cliff. So watch your ass. Most cliffs/death areas are not roped off. It just like Europe ride at your own risk.

Link Posted: 5/29/2003 5:57:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

No matter what it's like I will be wishing I was there. Best friend died there falling off a cliff. So watch your ass. Most cliffs/death areas are not roped off. It just like Europe ride at your own risk.

View Quote

HOLY CRAP! thanks for the heads up, I had no Idea. Sorry about your friend.
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 6:15:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Yeah, don't bring weed from the US.  You can buy it there now I think.  J/K...
I've never been to Whistler but I'm planning on going either there or Banff/Lake Louise this winter.  From what I've heard you really make out on the currency conversion.  
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 5:08:45 PM EDT
[#11]
ya the conversion is $.72US = $1Can, everything is 28% off!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top