Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2004 3:41:02 PM EDT
I don't know anything about SIG's K-Kote .. is it a nice finish?

The other option is blued.

edit: found some info, disregard
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 3:54:52 PM EDT
[#1]
It's worse IMHO. I have a Sig P228 w/K-Kote & it hasn't worn well at all. I have an older Sig P226 by comparison that is blued & in much better shape. The K-Kote stuff just flakes off over time. Don't pay extra for it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 3:56:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Heard the K-kote isn't all that great.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 4:21:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I believe it is the same product as Gun-Kote.  Parkerized based metal then sprayed on Gun-kote.  Search yahoo for tuff gun finish and you will find what you are looking for.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 4:23:45 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a 226 with the K-Kote. Don't waste your money on having it put on if it's extra. Mine lasted about 6 months, maybe a year tops. My slide has obvious bits of rust and I keep my weapon clean.

Edit: Just to be clear, my K-Kote was applied by Sig at the factory. You'd be better off with an aftermarket finish.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 4:24:14 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I believe it is the same product as Gun-Kote.  Parkerized based metal then sprayed on Gun-kote.  Search yahoo for tuff gun finish and you will find what you are looking for.

The K-Kote on my P228 is directly on the bare metal. No park because it wouldn't wear well against the aluminum frame.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 5:24:03 PM EDT
[#6]
K-kote is the same price, however, I was hoping it would offer better rust protection
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 5:28:48 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I have a 226 with the K-Kote. Don't waste your money on having it put on if it's extra. Mine lasted about 6 months, maybe a year tops. My slide has obvious bits of rust and I keep my weapon clean.

Edit: Just to be clear, my K-Kote was applied by Sig at the factory. You'd be better off with an aftermarket finish.

agree

the K kote  isn't impressive at all
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:15:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Can't really tell a K-Kote from a none K-Kote gun.

If you keep the items clean and oiled you don't need the K-Kote.

Save the money for ammo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top