Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2001 6:51:20 PM EDT
Our country, our [b]world[/b] is experiencing a radical shift due to war, terrorism, economics, politics, the energy crisis, the environment and inflation.  Very few are ready for what this means.

The continued threat of terrorism in the United States is now upon us all. Terrorist cell groups are known to be active within the United States. A new "holy war" has been declared against America and Americans by Al-Qaida.  The latest report claims that Osama Bin Laden has activated sleeper cells within the United States for continued "spectacular" attacks against American's and American businesses.

There have (as of now) been [b]four anthrax cases[/b] reported on the east coast, although you'd never know it, the websites reporting these cases have removed their reports.  Although these cases are not being reported as terrorist attacks, you'd have to be completely clueless to believe otherwise.  

The recent rash of knife wielding "maniacs" on public buses and mentally deranged plane passengers, inexplicably plane crashes and deranged subway passengers are cropping up with an alarming frequency. Suspicious "white powder" substances are now being found at banks, restaurants, in envelopes and bullet holes in pipelines are stopping 1/5th of American domestic oil production.  Coincidence?  Hardly.  The destabilization of America is well underway.

Vice President Cheney is now, for the third day, missing from public view.  This unprecedented action should be a clear indication how serious the terrorist threat in America really is.  The Ebola outbreak in Afghanistan (where else?) initially reported as the "worst outbreak in history" has literally disappeared from the public radar screen.  

Our society is literally changing daily, right before our eyes.  We've seen a tremendous loss of freedoms already - even the [b]threat[/b] of terrorism in this politically and emotionally charged climate is enough to severely curtail our freedoms, our economy and our ability to travel.  Translation of all of this means we are well advanced to a totalitarian police state.

The loss to America as a result of the WTC attacks is utterly incalculable right now - we've yet to fully comprehend the significance of what this means.  Our loss is something we will never likely recover from. Personally, I believe it is all downhill from here.

(continued)
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 6:53:15 PM EDT
[#1]
[b]Some other facts to consider[/b]

We are being plainly told our "new war" is going to last for YEARS.  Externally speaking, America is now facing a potential [b]billion[/b] enemies (or more). China has dispatched 15,000 Chinese Muslim troops to [b]support[/b] the Taliban.  A jihad has been declared on America and Americans by Al-Qaida, which has the potential to ignite the entire world in flames. A [b]global polarization[/b] is now taking place.  Even CNN is calling this the beginnings of World War III. NATO has dispatched five AWACS planes for "anti-terrorist" response to help defend America (unprecedented).  Debka reports that the United States is preparing for a potential [b]tactical nuclear response[/b] if biological or chemical weapons are used against American troops.  It is pure speculation to say how China might respond to 15,000 vaporized Chinese - if it happens at all, but the possibilities exist. Pakistan is destabilizing internally - India may take advantage of this situation and attack - a nuclear exchange is possible.  Our economy has taken (and will take more) severe hits.  Hundreds of thousands have been laid off.  A massive effort has been launched to stabilize the economy - it may not work.  Not a single area of our economy has not been severely affected in recent weeks and the worse is yet to come.

Most Americans are not the least bit prepared to deal with these global changes. The vast majority of Americans are crowded into cities - and are heavily dependent upon existing infrastructure in order to survive.  Should any (more) disruptions to our infrastructure occur (now extremely likely), the impact on our individual ability to cope would be beyond most people.  The bare minimums of providing food, clothing and shelter are actually beyond most people.

There is a common misconception held by too many that they will be able to "procure" their food supply by sharing someone else's - or worse, by simply taking it.  This notion has no basis in fact and is pure fantasy.  Not only are you trusting your life (and perhaps your family) on such a flawed hypothesis, you are gambling on (and with) the lives of others.  You're likely to be shot dead and rightly so.

Already, there is a rush taking place for goods, gas masks, firearms, ammunition, food, mre's and other supplies.  This acceleration has [b]not[/b] gone unnoticed by the major media or Congress.  I don't know if efforts are being made to curtail this rush for preparations (yet) - but I do know that shortages are already being reported.

(continued)
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 6:54:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Developing a mind set that divorces you from being a victim of events to a responsible citizen is a first step in taking charge of your future.  Prepare now and essentially, you will never, ever lose your investment in your preparations because preparations don't decrease in their practical and real value.  Rather, the opposite is true - preparations [b]gain[/b] in value over time.  Considering the global turn of events, preparations will be more valuable then gold.

You should make preparations for a minimum of one year - which would give you (hopefully) time enough and quantity enough to do any of the following: relocate, find a new job, plant a garden, help restore the public food supply, learn a new employable skill, or obtain another food supply source.  Your preparations need to include the essentials for survival, food (including water), clothing and shelter.  You should also plan ahead for transportation, defense and medical needs, gardening, tools, and self education (the short list).

Although I firmly believe in preparations regardless of world events, in light of recent developments, I cannot emphasize enough to connect all the dots of world events and develop a picture in your mind of what is now happening.  There is no reason to become an unnecessary casualty of this "new war" that will soon engulf the whole world.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 7:02:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Just asking? Can you provide some sources for your information.  No flame intended but these seem to be totally unrelated evetns.  Crazy people have been acting up on planes for years and I have seen no supporting information on Chinas move toward the area.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 7:06:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 7:08:24 PM EDT
[#5]
A few weeks ago I would have suggested you buy some aluminum foil.  Now, you may have a point.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 7:16:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Spreading fear and paranoia for profit, are we Sr. Bowman?  What's this crap about China sending in troops?  Cite a reliable source, howsabouts!  Then you go on to insinuate what the Chinese reaction might be if we nuke those same crack Muslim Chicom troops butts, the one's they sent into battle against us (supposedly).  

Oh no, 4 whole cases of anthrax!  It's not a communicable disease, its' spores need a method of dispersal.  Four people in a wide area do not a mass epidemic make.  Also it's not Ebola in Afghanistan, it's a hemoragic fever.  These things happen when you drink out of the same cup you p*ss in.  Welcome to the 4th World.

I refuse to get all worked up by your flame fanning because you want to make an all mighty buck on people's fears.  Oh, no, Mr. Bowmansbrigade, whatfore shall I do?  Do you have a website at bowmansbrigade.com that will sell me the goods I will need to survive the coming holocaust?  Thank goodness you're there to help me in my hour of need.

You're crass panic-mongering makes me ill.  We have a strong and vibrant country whose flame will take more than a fanatic squatting in a cave on the other side of the world to extinquish.  But you, Mr. Bowmansbrigade, are there to help Osama, to divide us and feed our fears when courage and steadfastness are what will carry the day.  Crawl back under your rock and godspeed to those, far better than you, that man the wall.

Semper Fi
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 7:20:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Pre Ban foil sold out 3 weeks ago. Seriously, if you look at The Big Picture, there are so many variables. Anything that could happen may not surprise me now. Support our President and our Troops and don't be afraid to say a Prayer for the Good old USA!!!
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 7:23:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
A few weeks ago I would have suggested you buy some aluminum foil.  Now, you may have a point.
View Quote

I'm feeling the same way Mickey...but uhh...BowmansBrigade? Is this just a cheap way to advertise for your web site, which is coincidently tied into this cache thing? Not a flame, just wondering. Things have certainly changed, those incidences you mentioned take place in the US every day, but get little mention in the news, with the nations pulse at an alarming rate, the news media believes every little retard with a knife, bottle of cleaning fluid or whatever is tied into the terrorist action. Now, with that said, this Anthrax thing scares the hell out of me, but I've got my bottle of bleach on the standby.

The Chinese have mobilixed their armed forces in support of the Taliban? It would be nice to get a little help there, maybe confirmation. I was under the impresion they were sealing there border? Anyway, thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 7:25:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Here's a source about the Chinese moving into Afghanistan [url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=58841[/url]
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 7:29:41 PM EDT
[#10]
I had seen an article about the chinese.
I have also seen an article about 15,000
Russian troops being brought in to support
the northern allince.

So in effect we have China vs. Russia.

To be honest as a sane individual I believe it
all to be nonsense.

It's always good to be prepared whether it be
war or natural disaster, But the Doomsday
prediction above i disagree with.

Link Posted: 10/9/2001 7:30:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Here's a link to the Ebola thing.
[url]http://news.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2001/10/04/wref04.xml[/url]
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 7:37:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Purhaps China is just moving the troop to their border to stop refugees.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 7:38:27 PM EDT
[#13]
According to the article about the ebola-type virus spreading through parts of Afghanistan, there is a resevoir of said virus in Afghan, the first case since 1970. Considering the living conditions many are dealing with in Afghan, this shouldn't be a surprise. Sanitary conditions are primitive to say the least.

China ofcourse should be watched, but that article is said to be debunked.

Just an observation.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 7:40:30 PM EDT
[#14]
$$ KA-CHING !!! $$

Not averse to taking my greenbacks are you Bowman. I mean, why would you want them? The world's going to hell in a handbasket so you really should hold on to all the gear, guns and grub you have, and not part with them for silly little pieces of paper, printed by a corrupt government tyranny. Get with the program!

Thanks for the website. And keep on hawking your wares with the same scare tactics you used the last time. Y2K anyone?
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 8:20:02 PM EDT
[#15]
I am somewhat suprised at the cynical responses I've seen here.  My opinions are automatically suspect and invalid because I own a preparedness company?  

By that logic, you'd distrust every doctor, mechanic, lawyer or stockbroker on every piece of advice or opinon offered that was even [b]remotely[/b] related to their field of expertise or knowledge.

Perhaps you should consider that people in my line of business make it their business to be aware of events that have a direct relationship upon what we do.  We read the news daily - not unlike a doctor or a engineer who stays current with the latest advances by reading journals, periodicals and reports.  

[b]I've reported what I've read and have concluded my own opinions[/b].  You don't like it, fine - but unfounded accusations are unwarranted.  Your level of maturity is appalling.  God help America - we are going to need it.
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 8:29:34 PM EDT
[#16]
hdhogman,

I have some green label pre-ban aluminum foil if you are interested.  I'll throw in the evil 18" serrated cutting edge, too for $20 a roll.    
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 8:31:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 10/9/2001 8:34:48 PM EDT
[#18]
I Believe the Chinese thing to be BOGUS.  It was published in the World Net Daily.  It had no AP WIRE, or REUTERS or anything like that in the Heading , it was made up.  I won't say it can't happen , but I am saying it is not happening now.

Benjamin
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 1:51:23 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 2:58:15 AM EDT
[#20]
BowmansBrigade, I have three words for you, What A Worm.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 3:10:21 AM EDT
[#21]
Hey my shepherd mix died in March 2000.

Cause of death: unknown, but she was about 60 years old.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 7:33:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Yeah, and to top it all off, I have a hangnail and no nail clippers (they were confiscated at the airport).

Bowman, I think you need to calm down a bit.  The whole country is in hysterics over one terror attack that did minimal damage when compared to the size of this entire country.  

What we are witnessing is an out of control federal government desperately clawing away, trying to maintain its legitimacy in the face of overwhelming evidence of its ineptitude and hypocrisy.

The Anthrax bullshit is just news media frenzy fearmongering.  It's just like whenever a plane crashes, all you hear about on the news are stories about small plane crashes.  You're being led to believe that there is an epidemic when in reality it is just the normal random events that always occur.  

You're right about Cheney missing--he's most likely had a heart attack.  I wonder if he is still alive?  That story is definitely being spiked.  Too embarrassing for Bush, I guess.

So was the Flight 93 shootdown--now that's unprecedented!

Link Posted: 10/10/2001 7:44:41 PM EDT
[#23]
trickshot, you are nuts.  You think the Anthrax situation is "media fearmongering" but then you fantasize about the shootdown of Flight 93 (baseless, other than a hypothesis) and Cheney (he has been seen on several broadcast, just no public appearances)

1.  The anthrax situation is very real, and very serious.  Three confirmed cases (and growing).  It is definitely in that building where the three all worked.  It is confirmed a man-made strain.  It has been bumped to a criminal investigation.  This type of strain is so rare, that it has not been seen since 1976.  You think they are "fearmongering"???  Tell that to the people who worked in that building... and to those that live in the area, wondering, "was it in my building too... and just not strong enough to show up... yet?"

2.  Cheney.  What, pray tell, would be the point of hiding a heart attack?  It;s inevitable... that is the stuff that movies are made from....  total baloney.  If he is sick... he is sick.  I seriously doubt that American publi will get all freaked out that the second in command is illen, even in a time of crisis.  That's why there is a third, and a fourth, etc...

Link Posted: 10/10/2001 8:30:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Hey, lets all keep in mind that there's a great deal of misinformation (some of which may be intentional, some unintentional) being spread by the media right now. I think that Mr. Bowmansbrigade here is not necessarily a bad guy, but he just tends to think on the doomsday/nihillistic/apocaliptic side of things (I mean he owns his own "survival" store) and tends to believe or sympathize with news that justifies what he's obviously been preparing for (end of civilization) all these years.

"Survival" itself is an interesting term used in this sense, because, to me to "survive", our society, our way of life, our freedoms, must endure along with our physical well being. What good does it do to be alive but living in a remote place, fearing all who would stumble upon you? Now, some people already live like this, and they call it survival, but instead it is cowardice. To pack your family and yourself into the minivan and move to the ozarks with generators, bottled H2o, and weaponry, looking to kill any who would try to come onto your property is cowardly, because it is cowardly to hide, to run and cover your head in the sand while your countrymen defend freedoms YOU profess to love so deeply. You're no better than the draft dodgers that went to Canada if you do such a thing.

If this is cowardice, what then is bravery? Valour and honor in this time can be found all around us in our daily lives! The men & women & children who go to work, school and churches! The teenage kids who STILL go to movies and concerts! The people who boldly gather together and refuse to allow this crisis to shatter their freedoms, to tear down their confidence as a citizenry are the brave ones. Of course, the military and law enforcement personell are exemplary of this to a higher degree, but hasn't society always held these forces in such esteem for those exact traits? Subtle, determined, defiant, courage in the face of adversity. That is how this country ALWAYS overcame the challenges that faced it, and it is how we will win this conflict too!
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 8:34:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Hey, lets all keep in mind that there's a great deal of misinformation (some of which may be intentional, some unintentional) being spread by the media right now. I think that Mr. Bowmansbrigade here is not necessarily a bad guy, but he just tends to think on the doomsday/nihillistic/apocaliptic side of things (I mean he owns his own "survival" store) and tends to believe or sympathize with news that justifies what he's obviously been preparing for (end of civilization) all these years.

"Survival" itself is an interesting term used in this sense, because, to me to "survive", our society, our way of life, our freedoms, must endure along with our physical well being. What good does it do to be alive but living in a remote place, fearing all who would stumble upon you? Now, some people already live like this, and they call it survival, but instead it is cowardice. To pack your family and yourself into the minivan and move to the ozarks with generators, bottled H2o, and weaponry, looking to kill any who would try to come onto your property is cowardly, because it is cowardly to hide, to run and cover your head in the sand while your countrymen defend freedoms YOU profess to love so deeply. You're no better than the draft dodgers that went to Canada if you do such a thing.

If this is cowardice, what then is bravery? Valour and honor in this time can be found all around us in our daily lives! The men & women & children who go to work, school and churches! The teenage kids who STILL go to movies and concerts! The people who boldly gather together and refuse to allow this crisis to shatter their freedoms, to tear down their confidence as a citizenry are the brave ones. Of course, the military and law enforcement personell are exemplary of this to a higher degree, but hasn't society always held these forces in such esteem for those exact traits? Subtle, determined, defiant, courage in the face of adversity. That is how this country ALWAYS overcame the challenges that faced it, and it is how we will win this conflict too!
View Quote

(In my best Billy-Bob Thornton Slingblade voice)

"I like the way you talk..."

Don Out
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 8:40:41 PM EDT
[#26]
"By that logic, you'd distrust every doctor, mechanic, lawyer or stockbroker on every piece of advice or opinon offered that was even [b]remotely[/b] related to their field of expertise or knowledge.

Perhaps you should consider that people in my line of business make it their business to be aware of events that have a direct relationship upon what we do.  We read the news daily - not unlike a doctor or a engineer who stays current with the latest advances by reading journals, periodicals and reports."

You bet your ass. That's the nature of this site and you won't find too many sheep here so you better learn to deal with it and support your case. Even then there will be those who can't see the face of reason. For the most part, though, I've been pretty impressed with the average intellect of the people who post here regularly and we get people trying to come here and sell periodically. Recently, it was colloidal silver.
Its a hot crucible so know the temp before you jump in.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 8:41:59 PM EDT
[#27]
Still no source material???
Edited to say "From the originator of this thread"

No fair doing his research for him [spank]
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 8:44:21 PM EDT
[#28]
he is an idiot. sent to spread dis/mis-information. paranoid sonofabitch too if u ask me.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 9:02:23 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 9:04:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Wait... Come on guys, if you had a business I'm sure you to would take advantage of perilous times to make a dollar or to.  Gart Sports did.  They sold cheap AND I MEAN [b]CHEAP[/b] plastic and thin clothed american flags for 9.99.  They were made in China, and the kind you'd find in a 99 cents store for 2 on the dollar.  Ahhh, I guess it costs alot to be a patriot.

[):)]
NSF
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 9:06:03 PM EDT
[#31]
No, but it does cost alot to be a schmuck.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 9:08:28 PM EDT
[#32]
DK-Prof, NSFJojo(In my best Eric Cartman voice)

"Yew guys, seriously, yer killing me. And I DON'T have an anal probe!!!"

Don Out
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 12:51:26 AM EDT
[#33]
Can I stop being at MOPP 4 now?

Link Posted: 10/11/2001 1:22:22 AM EDT
[#34]
[b] Just in case anyone has forgot [/b]

"I pledge allegiance"
...I promise to be true

"to the flag"
...to the symbol of our country

"of the United States of America"
...each state that has joined to make our country

"and to the Republic"
...a republic is a country where the people choose others to make laws for them. The government is for the people

"for which it stands,"
...the flag means the country

"one Nation"
...a single country

"under God,"
...the people believe in a supreme being

"indivisible,"
...the country cannot be split into parts

"with liberty and justice"
...with freedom and fairness

"for all."
...for each person in the country...you and me!

The pledge says you are promising to be true to the United States of America! The Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag should be rendered by standing at attention facing the flag with the right hand over the heart. When not in uniform men should remove their headdress with their right hand and hold it at the left shoulder, the hand being over the heart. Persons in uniform should remain silent, face the flag, and render the military salute.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top