Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Posted: 8/31/2005 11:57:13 AM EDT
FWIW, hope it's not as bad as it sounds.

Linky

Linky 2

From the thread at the links above:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a heads up, armed looters have taken over one of the medical centers in New Orleans where the injured people were being sent. They are holding the entire staff of the hospital hostage and firing at the national guard. An FBI SWAT team has just been flown in (from Baton Rouge I believe) and they are just now getting situated. I'm not sure of any online scanners that are up monitoring the state trs. That is where alot of traffic is going on at.

I am in West Monroe, Louisiana monitoring the state trs. Information heard is coming from the National Guard and Louisiana State Police.

Also, LSP Troop B just said that the hostage situation at tulane is code 4. The swat team is being picked up from tulane now and brought back to the convention center.

Another note, in the wake of this disaster, troop A is now known as Troop B. They have combined until this is over.

LSP Troop B is requesting immediate backup. Troopers, riot squad, and national guard. He said the crowd is triple the size it was earlier and they are about to be overrun.

The location is 610 and eleshafield(spelling?).

UPDATE: The SWAT team that was handling the hostage situation is going to be dropped off to assist with the growing crowd.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:03:28 PM EDT
[#1]
It's starting. The masses are panicking and will start killing those trying to help them.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:04:57 PM EDT
[#2]
tag for updates
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:05:13 PM EDT
[#3]
It's just beginning.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:06:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Holy smokes,

TAG
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:06:02 PM EDT
[#5]
why are they going after hospitals??  Food??? Drugs??? water???

and why doesn't the Army guard go in and fuck them up, shit we do MOUT  fuck these a holes up.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:06:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Nuke / orbit / be sure.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:06:30 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Just a heads up, armed looters have taken over one of the medical centers in New Orleans where the injured people were being sent. They are holding the entire staff of the hospital hostage and firing at the national guard.

The antis were right.

We didn't renew the "Assault Weapon" ban last year and look what we have - now the streets are filled with armed gangs that are outgunning even the National Guard.

This would not have happened if we had renewed the AWB. Blame the Republicans and the NRA.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:07:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Good news is I dont have to go back to medical school for a while it seems
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:07:35 PM EDT
[#9]
anyone else thinking "Blackhawk down"?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:09:21 PM EDT
[#10]
The Zombies riseth.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:09:37 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I'm glad that if the SHTF around here my first priority is going the hell somewhere else.

I feel for those cops, NG, etc. who have to go in.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:09:45 PM EDT
[#12]
When are they going to stop fucking around with these assholes?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:10:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Man, this is not good, the anti-gunners are going to spin this to restrict and get more anti-gun laws in place at the national and state levels.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:10:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Weapons are free, fire at will.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:11:41 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

how about al qaeda's wet dream
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:11:45 PM EDT
[#16]
holy shit I cant believe this is happening
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:12:00 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

That's just plain racist to compare the looters to what we faced in Africa!
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:13:42 PM EDT
[#18]
These fucking animals probably cant hit a broad side of a barn.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:14:42 PM EDT
[#19]
I am surprised that no one has yet asked the most basic and important question..... IS IT TRUE?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:14:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Not all National Guard units are deployed. Why dont they activate other states, Im willing togo.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:16:19 PM EDT
[#21]
But the looters are just poor people who are trying to survive. They had no choice. They HAD to break into the medical facility in order to steal medical equipment being used to save the lives of injured victims of the hurricane. They did it so that they could sell them to all the pawn shops still running in NOLA and buy food with the money at all the grocery stores that are still open...

...it's true, I read it on DUh...

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:16:22 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Not all National Guard units are deployed. Why dont they activate other states, Im willing togo.

+1
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:16:23 PM EDT
[#23]
If they are facing off against a crowd of angry looters, it's time to open up with some belt-fed rehabilitation.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:16:51 PM EDT
[#24]

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:20:00 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
If they are facing off against a crowd of angry looters, undocumented shoppers it's time to open up with some belt-fed rehabilitation.

edited to make it PC
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:20:11 PM EDT
[#26]
Now in Corcyra most of these deeds were perpetrated, and for the first time. There was every crime which men could commit in revenge who had been governed not wisely, but tyrannically, and now had the oppressor at their mercy. There were the dishonest designs of others who were longing to be relieved from their habitual poverty, and were naturally animated by a passionate desire for their neighbour's goods; and there were crimes of another class which men commit, not from covetousness, but from the enmity which equals foster towards one another until they are carried away by their blind rage into the extremes of pitiless cruelty.

At such a time the life of the city was all in disorder, and human nature, which is always ready to transgress the laws, having now trampled them underfoot, delighted to show that her passions were ungovernable, that she was stronger than justice, and the enemy of everything above her. If malignity had not exercised a fatal power, how could any one have preferred revenge to piety, and gain to innocence? But, when men are retaliating upon others, they are reckless of the future, and do not hesitate to annul those common laws of humanity to which every individual trusts for his own hope of deliverance should he ever be overtaken by calamity; they forget that in their own hour of need they will look for them in vain.

Thucycides, History of the Peloponnesian War
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:21:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Drugs, The druggies have been without a fix for over 2 days now.  Even under normal conditions, it's not uncommon to have them attack medical staff to try to get drugs.

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:22:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Texas has mobilized 6000 natl Guardsmen, while LA Gov Blanco sits on her hands and does nothing.

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:24:18 PM EDT
[#29]
If the stuff that's happenning in New Orleans is not the worst case scenario, I do not know what is.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:25:34 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
If the stuff that's happenning in New Orleans is not the worst case scenario, I do not know what is.

Amen.    

Jesus, I didn't see it getting this bad.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:27:11 PM EDT
[#31]
If you ever wondered why you own guns.....now you know.  This IS SHTF for LA people...
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:28:48 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Texas has mobilized 6000 natl Guardsmen, while LA Gov Blanco sits on her hands and does nothing.

hey, she is doing something..... wringing your hands and crying for the .gov to help takes its toll on the female govenor.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:29:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Absolute SHTF scenario.  It was only a matter of time given these circumstances.  I hate to say that I was WAITING for something like this to happen b/c it was inevitable.

Makes you realize how unpredictable and how possible something like this could happen to any of us at any time.  I'm sure that any of those people who are still stuck in the New Orleans area or that region in general never in a million years expected what they are currently experiencing.  It's like a nuclear bomb exploded with no notice.  Sure, they had a coulple of days notice, but how many people do you think ever imagined it would get this bad???  No freaking way people would have expected this.

This is EXACTLY why I'm glad I own enough firearms to keep me and my loved ones safe in the unfortunate even that this type of thing were to happen.  I live in South Florida and it's happened here before (during Andrew), but certainly not nearly to this extent.  There will be many lessons learned from this catastrophe and on many different levels.  From govt, to civillian, survival, etc... Many lessons will be learned here.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:30:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Is there any corroborating news stories from any media outlet, other than some obscure/never heard of them before website?

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:31:23 PM EDT
[#35]
NO! Just a bunch of folks spouting off!
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:31:54 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

You might be, I just heard on Fox News that 10K NG troops are going to be activated to help out down there.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:32:24 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
If you ever wondered why you own guns.....now you know.  This IS SHTF

Yep.

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:32:27 PM EDT
[#38]
loading my mags....
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:32:33 PM EDT
[#39]
hey, anyone have any idea what happened to the Tulane students?

One of my best friends is there...

I've been isolated from the news at El Cid for the past 2.5 weeks.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:32:51 PM EDT
[#40]
It's not on Drudge or Google News, not even World Net Daily.

Quoted:
Is there any corroborating news stories from any media outlet, other than some obscure/never heard of them before website?

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:33:02 PM EDT
[#41]
1911GREG, you expect them to cut the Guard lose on them?  They wont even cut them lose in Iraq.  The ROE is rediculous. What makes you think they will do it in NO?
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:33:30 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
NO! Just a bunch of folks spouting off!

Well, lets see... a jail was taken over, but a medical center....  Naaahhhhhhh that's just impossible.  Maybe it's true, maybe not.  It IS bedlam down there though.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:37:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:39:08 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
It's not on Drudge or Google News, not even World Net Daily.

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:39:34 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If they are facing off against a crowd of angry looters, undocumented shoppers it's time to open up with some belt-fed rehabilitation.

edited to make it PC

Undocumented shoppers! Oh that's fuckin' priceless!

They're just looting the shoes and medical equipment and drugs that others won't.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:42:07 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
hey, anyone have any idea what happened to the Tulane students?

One of my best friends is there...

I've been isolated from the news at El Cid for the past 2.5 weeks.

They were moved to a University in Mississippi per a preset agreement for disasters..not sure which University they moved though. They are ok.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:43:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Let's try this out .. a dose of reality.

The phones in the hospitals and the radios are mostly working.  There is a MASSIVE effort to clear all hospitals of patients.  The authorities are wroking will ALL medical centers to evac. all patients and personnel ASAP.  Tulane is a major medical center.  The police, state and FEMA are all working together to clear these facilities how did they miss the looters outside as they evac. the people!

DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT FOX AND CNN-ABC-DRUDGE-CBS AND ALL OF THE RPINT MEDIA WOULD MISS THIS!  This is the dream of every lib reporter in the world!  I for one do not believe it.  Two other such stories have also been proven false.  

When it is verified by at least ONE major news outlet, then I will give it some creadence.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:47:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:50:40 PM EDT
[#49]
i havent seen anything about this on the news..........and this is big news if its true
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:51:56 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
1911GREG, you expect them to cut the Guard lose on them?  They wont even cut them lose in Iraq.  The ROE is rediculous. What makes you think they will do it in NO?

I worked the 1993 flood in K.C. Kansas in the ARNG.  Think we were given five rounds each?  Also got these little ROE cards.  Think I still have one of those cards.  I do remember we were not allowed to shoot people just because they were looting.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top