Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2005 3:47:23 PM EDT
For those of us going to the SHOT show for the first time, what sort of things should we bring or leave at home? I see taking pictures is out of the question w/o a press pass so no cameras. Is a backpack suggested? Do any of the companies there sell products or are they mostly there to take future orders? Any advice from shot show regulars would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:52:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/9/2005 3:52:18 PM EDT by Wolfpack]
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:56:48 PM EDT
$5 bills for the Palomino Club.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 4:00:40 PM EDT
If you've never been:  

Wolfpack is right,  don't treat it like a normal "gunshow", you won't really find people ready to sell things to you unless you want to buy 100 of them.

Bring GOOD SHOES,  if it's in vegas again the floor(s) are HUGE.  I wandered around for a couple of days and never saw it all.  Your dogs'll be barkin.

A backpack is a good idea,  you will get handed alllll kinds of little marketing schwag,  from brochures to little samples and stuff.  I liked having a camera and some water in my backpack while I was wandering around.

Advil - if your knees are like mine or your feet get sore, advil will help you.

Identify yourself - if you are tagging along with someone else and you aren't a serious vendor,  it's smart to identify yourself to the vendors where appropriate:  nothing sucks worse than the  vendor giving you a big spiel and then finding out your are buddy of a buddy who's just there to look.

You'll have a blast,  I went last year as a tag-along courtesy of Chris Reeve Knives and Bill Harsey and has a BLAST.    You'll have fun....
Top Top