Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2009 9:37:36 AM EDT
link

AP NewsBreak: Nuke agency says Iran can make bomb

Sep 17 01:23 PM US/Eastern
VIENNA (AP) - Experts at the world's top atomic watchdog are in agreement that Tehran has the ability to make a nuclear bomb and is on the way to developing a missile system able to carry an atomic warhead, according to a secret report seen by The Associated Press.

The document drafted by senior officials at the International Atomic Energy Agency is the clearest indication yet that the agency's leaders share Washington's views on Iran's weapon-making capabilities.

It appears to be the so-called "secret annex" on Iran's nuclear program that Washington says is being withheld by the IAEA's chief.

The document says Iran has "sufficient information" to build a bomb. It says Iran is likely to "overcome problems" on developing a delivery system.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 9:38:13 AM EDT
[#1]
That's not very secret... Just sayin'

edit: link fail ... copy/paste or click here
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 9:49:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
That's not very secret... Just sayin'

edit: link fail ... copy/paste or click here

OOps, thanks
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 9:50:26 AM EDT
[#3]
But...But....But...

St. Barrack has said that we don't NEED the missile shield in Poland because Iran can't make missiles that will work....This latest information MUST be racism by the Republicans and Tea Baggers.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 9:52:47 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm sure Bibi's watching and listening very carefully.

HH
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 9:54:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

HH

He's already seen Obama's response which was to cancel the anti ballistic missile system.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 9:54:49 AM EDT
[#6]
They need to be able to deliver it. I hope the Israelis start to take action before the Russian Air Defense system is a go in Iran. Its going to be hard enough to destroy the nuclear facilities.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 9:56:15 AM EDT
[#7]
I think some other county is watching a bit better than this one.

They will do something to stop this.

They know they are alone now.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:00:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

HH

He's already seen Obama's response which was to cancel the anti ballistic missile system.

Yep.  I think he's known for awhile that zero wouldn't lift a finger.  Israel knows for sure it goes alone in any attack on Iran.

After Sarkozy confirmed it yesterday, this article blows it out of the water.  I also read where MA was *angry* with Sarkozy for stating what he did yesterday.  LOL!

HH
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:00:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
They need to be able to deliver it. I hope the Israelis start to take action before the Russian Air Defense system is a go in Iran. Its going to be hard enough to destroy the nuclear facilities.

Iran's been working with the Norks...

(edit: clarification)
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:00:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Egypt's letting them use the canal for their subs...that sure helps.

HH
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:02:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Anyone here think Israel shocks the world by hitting the Mullahs with an EMP attack instead of the conventional bombing scenario?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:05:07 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Anyone here think Israel shocks the world by hitting the Mullahs with an EMP attack instead of the conventional bombing scenario?

I'm wouldn't rule out anything.

HH
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:07:45 AM EDT
[#13]
*In before Baghdad Bob*
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:10:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:12:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Is there a coincidence between this report and Obama announcing lifting of shield?

I think not.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:15:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:17:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Is there a coincidence between this report and Obama announcing lifting of shield?

I think not.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=928742
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:20:11 AM EDT
[#18]

You seeing anyone panic?  Great contribution to the thread.

Your username is perfect.

HH
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:20:15 AM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:21:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

HH

More likely updating launch codes,civil defense,and confirming the extreme prejudice option on Oddjob.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:24:03 AM EDT
[#21]
Well no shit. I think we all called it a long time ago.

We are refining uranium.

You're making a bomb

No we're not, we are going to have nuclear energy

Oh.. Ok, sorry about that. Carry on.

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:24:49 AM EDT
[#22]
removed
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:26:17 AM EDT
[#23]
It's now just a question of "when" Israel is going to attack Iran.  Next question is who will come to the aid of Iran and Israel?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:28:52 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

HH

More likely updating launch codes,civil defense,and confirming the extreme prejudice option on Oddjob.

I still think he met secretly with Russia to let them know they're going to attack Iran, and Russia has nothing to worry about.

It's all about when now.

HH
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:31:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

HH

I still think he met secretly with Russia to let them know they're going to attack Iran, and Russia has nothing to worry about.

It's all about when now.

HH

Or to split Irans oil reserves.It's all bidness you know.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:35:04 AM EDT
[#26]
In before Dave_A assuaring us that IRAN nuke is no threat to America since it is not sophisticated enough to be used as a EMP attack.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:35:42 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Whatever they do Im sure it will be "innovative'"
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:36:17 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

You seeing anyone panic?  Great contribution to the thread.

Your username is perfect.

HH

zing!
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:37:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Whatever they do Im sure it will be "innovative'"

Or renovative.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 10:55:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

No they don't.  They only need to keep it small enough to hand it off to somebody from Hizbollah willing to make a one way trip in a box van.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:17:36 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No they don't.  They only need to keep it small enough to hand it off to somebody from Hizbollah willing to make a one way trip in a box van.

This. Hezbollah is the delivery method.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:24:00 AM EDT
[#32]
I am amazed Israel hasn't done anything yet.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:25:12 AM EDT
[#33]
If Iran can make a nuke why do we have ANY gun laws. FBHO.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 11:29:23 AM EDT
[#34]
And Obama just today canceled the European Missile Defense Shield.

Perfect timing.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:04:17 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
But...But....But...

St. Barrack has said that we don't NEED the missile shield in Poland because Iran can't make missiles that will work....This latest information MUST be racism by the Republicans and Tea Baggers.

But...But...But...

He said in April that we needed for Iran.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2009/09/17/flashback_obama_pledges_missile_defense_against_iran_in_april.html
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:20:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Well, we've been standing around with our cocks in our hands for... Oh, I dunno, the last ten years or so while they worked on it.

Anyone this comes as a surprise to needs to be kicked in the crotch repeatedly.  The fucking clock doesn't stop ticking.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:40:27 PM EDT
[#37]
This came to fruition under Obama's watch.  This and any consequences of this is his  baby.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:50:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Hmmm wonder how many more days until Israel unilaterally takes care of this problem?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:57:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is probably the most logical and reliable delivery system for them since it doesn't give you any time to respond unlike missiles. I hope that the Israeli border guard can detect this crap.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:59:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I am amazed Israel hasn't done anything yet.

Netanyahu to world: Back Israeli self-defense...
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:31:37 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is probably the most logical and reliable delivery system for them since it doesn't give you any time to respond unlike missiles. I hope that the Israeli border guard can detect this crap.

With the patriot missile systems in theater, there is no way a nation like Iran would waste money on a missile delivery system for Israel.  Nor is their nuclear weapon probably light enough to put atop a missile.  It'll be aboard a container ship, in a freight truck or flown in on a civilian aircraft.  Not a chance that Iran gives two shits about a delivery system... unless it isn't their nuke they are trying to put on top of a missile.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:10:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
link

AP NewsBreak: Nuke agency says Iran can make bomb

Sep 17 01:23 PM US/Eastern
VIENNA (AP) - Experts at the world's top atomic watchdog are in agreement that Tehran has the ability to make a nuclear bomb and is on the way to developing a missile system able to carry an atomic warhead, according to a secret report seen by The Associated Press.

The document drafted by senior officials at the International Atomic Energy Agency is the clearest indication yet that the agency's leaders share Washington's views on Iran's weapon-making capabilities.

It appears to be the so-called "secret annex" on Iran's nuclear program that Washington says is being withheld by the IAEA's chief.

The document says Iran has "sufficient information" to build a bomb. It says Iran is likely to "overcome problems" on developing a delivery system.

The IAEA's Chief , Whats his First Name?

Oh  it Mohammed... Go figure....
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:16:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Not so fucking secret now is it?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:24:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

With the patriot missile systems in theater, there is no way a nation like Iran would waste money on a missile delivery system for Israel.  Nor is their nuclear weapon probably light enough to put atop a missile.  It'll be aboard a container ship, in a freight truck or flown in on a civilian aircraft.  Not a chance that Iran gives two shits about a delivery system... unless it isn't their nuke they are trying to put on top of a missile.

Tunnel from Syria into Lebanon and a tunnel from Lebanon into Israel
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:25:50 PM EDT
[#45]
And this is why our target was always Iran.  We just failed to execute (on a strategic level).  This is why I always argued that we needed to aid the opposition in Iran.  We should have done something during the post-election revolting.  Instead they can make nukes and have a dictator.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:30:47 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

And they can do this without it affecting parts of the countries that border Iran?

(you know: Iraq, Afghanistan, Turkey, Russia, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, our ships in the Persian Gulf etc)

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:50:28 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Quoted:

And they can do this without it affecting parts of the countries that border Iran?

(you know: Iraq, Afghanistan, Turkey, Russia, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, our ships in the Persian Gulf etc)

Exactly.  They are extremely limited in how they can hit Iran.  I have no doubt, however, that if all other options become impossible, they will nuke Iran.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top