Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2004 9:04:11 AM EDT
What is the problem with ladies these days. For me every time a girlfriend sees my gun collection they freak out like im some kind of serial killer or somthing and never see them again. What is the problem here. Ive eaven tried to get them to go shooting and they say no. Have you ever met someone like this.

Js15
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:08:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Sure we meet people like this all the time.  I choose not to spend time with them though, unless there is any chance of a "conversion".
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:09:09 AM EDT
[#2]
It's not all ladies, so hang in there until you find the right one.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:09:30 AM EDT
[#3]
You're going out with the wrong type of girl. My ex-girlfriend kept taking my HK P7M8 because she loved the way it didnt make her purse bulge out...
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:10:01 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Sure we meet people like this all the time.  I choose not to spend time with them though, unless there is any chance of a "conversion".

Ditto.  Men marry women because we like who the women are.  Women marry men with the intent of changing them.

I WILL change SOME things, but a woman better like most of me the way I am.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:10:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:11:12 AM EDT
[#6]
NEXT ...........
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:11:19 AM EDT
[#7]
yep.  i won't bother dating any woman who is a liberal or has a problem with guns.  i just get it out of the way beforehand because i don't want to waste my time.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:11:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:13:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:15:38 AM EDT
[#10]
What is the problem with ladies these days. For me every time a girlfriend sees my gun collection they freak out like im some kind of serial killer or somthing and never see them again. What is the problem here. Ive eaven tried to get them to go shooting and they say no. Have you ever met someone like this.

Js15

What are your manerizims when you and your guns are near the lady friends?

Are you fondling your guns while drooling and whispering to them that she means
nothing to you?

GM
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:17:02 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Js15

What are your manerizims when you and your guns are near the lady friends?

Are you fondling your guns while drooling and whispering to them that she means
nothing to you?

GM

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:18:24 AM EDT
[#12]
i  usually try to bring up the topic of firearms in a conversation prior to getting involved in any sort of dating process. Why waste my time and hers if we won't see eye to eye on something that is so deeply apart of my way of life?

J
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:22:47 AM EDT
[#13]
The first time she came over I was teaching my brothers boy how to shoot a 22 and that did not seem to bother her any. But when she came over and seen me shooting my AR you could see the WTF look on her face. Sorry but I feel that my guns come first if they don't like it then by.

Js15
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:25:34 AM EDT
[#14]
Happens all the time to me if they just "stumble across" the collection.  If I bring them to the house and the AR-15 is leaning aginst the wall or some thing it is no prob
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:28:50 AM EDT
[#15]
I don't see any reason to tell anyone about my guns.  Personally I think alot of the problems people have come from bragging about their little arsenal, and then getting disapointed when the other person doesn't think it's cool.

Remember, the order goes like this:

1) Poke in pooper
2) Post pics
3) Show guns
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:31:49 AM EDT
[#16]
You think if I painted them all pink and sprinkled glitter on them while the paint is still wet would help

Just kidding

Js15
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:33:11 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I don't see any reason to tell anyone about my guns.  Personally I think alot of the problems people have come from bragging about their little arsenal, and then getting disapointed when the other person doesn't think it's cool.

Remember, the order goes like this:

1) Poke in pooper
2) Post pics
3) Show guns

words to live by
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:44:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Weird.  

Guns are just a normal, nearly daily part of my life.  Between shooting them, cleaning them, loading magazines and reloading ammo, I have contact  and involvement with a gun almost every day.  Not to mention always having one at arms length, in the car, and all over the house.  I don't  even think about the issue anymore.  It's like a carpenter thinks about his hammer to me.  

Sheeple.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:49:31 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:51:07 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm very up front with my hobby of shooting.  It's certainly nothing to be ashamed of.  

I was on a date last week, and the girl asked what I like to do.  I stated my favorite recreational activities, including shooting.  She asked what kind, I said rifles and pistols.  She then asked if I owned a gun, I said yes, infact I have a carry permit.   She was like, OK,  and the conversation continued.  If she had said, "I hate guns", or "Why do you need one of those", it would have been our last date.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:53:37 AM EDT
[#21]
I dated this liberal social worker type for a short period of time.  Could not believe I carried or even owned guns.  All of her friends were from the same boat.  She told me she did not feel safe in a house with guns.   I said, you better run.

1.Democrap.. strike one
2.Anti ..... strike two
3.Pro everything I am anti...  sheeeees outa there

I told her we are from two very different views on life and it was not going to work out.  

she didn't get it.  The last conversation I had with her she told me not to be a victum.  I said I won't and hung up.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 10:54:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Do what I do: Only keep a few guns available for them to spot.

I've got an AR, a shotgun, a .45, a 9mm and a .22 at my apartment, all the rest are at my parents' in the safe.  That way, I come off as reasonable and not the gun-buying addict that I am.

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 11:06:05 AM EDT
[#23]
When I met my wife I knew she was the one.  She had a bigger gun collection than I did +1.  Her dad worked for the NRA +2. Very smart +3. Great personality +4.  And she was an extreme HOTTY!!!! +10.  We were married 5 years later.  Now my gun collection is bigger than hers.  She loves to go and shoot w/ me, especially the AR!  And she is still HOT!!!  What more can I ask for?

Nick
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 11:08:56 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 11:14:11 AM EDT
[#25]
My GF bought me a Colt HBAR for Father's Day, a Browning Buckmark for Christmas and a S&W 686 for a birthday.

She carries a Colt .380 in her car with her.

I "had" to buy another AR because when she goes shooting with me I can't get the HBAR out of her hands.

Need I say more?

BTW, before we started living together, early in our relationship, we discussed guns. I kinda knew it would be OK because she's from Kentucky.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 11:41:40 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Ditto.  Men marry women because we like who the women are.  Women marry men with the intent of changing them.

I WILL change SOME things, but a woman better like most of me the way I am.

Actually, it's more like:

Men marry women expecting them not to change, but they do.

Women marry men expecing them to change, and they don't.

truer words have never before nor will ever be spoken
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:21:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Take the body parts out of the freezer . Don't collect interesting skeletons. Stop dressing in black robes around the house . Don't scare away the JW when they knock on your door . Tie your dick to your knee to keep it out of the way when you get dressed . AND most importantly lick your eyebrows constantly and you too can have any girl you want .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top