Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 7/5/2002 7:03:57 PM EST
Hey guys and gals. I need some information on SBR's and figured the wonderful people at ar15.com could help. What are the laws concerning SBR's? Can I take a post-ban Bushy and make it into an SBR? How about a post-ban import like a USC? If I can legally make a post-ban into an SBR, then can I give it pre-ban features like a flash surpressor? Do I need a proper U.S. Parts count to make an import into an SBR? Thanks in advance for any help.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 3:41:58 AM EST
Straight and simple: You can SBR any rifle you choose------------- If host firearm is a pre-ban--can look like a short pre-ban with whatever features. If host firearm is a post-ban--can look like a short post-ban----NO PRE-BAN features allowed. All '94 Crime Bill stuff applies. If you wish to take SBR across state line to another SBR friendly state, you will need an approved ATF Form-5320.20 for interstate transport.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 3:50:47 AM EST
Can I post a dumbass question here? What's a SBR?
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 4:02:40 AM EST
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 4:11:09 AM EST
Originally Posted By VA-gunnut:
Originally Posted By Spade: Can I post a dumbass question here? What's a SBR?
View Quote
Short Barrel Rifle
View Quote
Oh Christ, I should've known that.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 5:43:43 AM EST
Well, SBR7_11, that certainly answered my questions. Thank you. Are there any in-depth books I can buy that clearly state all of the non-sense BATF rules, regulations, and no-no's?
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 10:40:18 AM EST
You can obtain ATF Publications 5300.4 and 5300.5. These are [b]FREE[/b] if you order via phone or on-line from the ATF, or you can reference most of the 5300.4 at the ATF site [url]http://www.atf.treas.gov/pub/fire-explo_pub/2000_ref.htm[/url]. I went to ATF site to get this URL, and it appears you can download this publication (5300.4), and reference the 5300.5 here ([url]http://www.atf.treas.gov/pub/fire-explo_pub/statelaws.htm[/url]). There is a newer edition published, as this one is dated 1998........
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 5:45:29 PM EST
Why hasn't anyone written one of those "Gun Laws for Dummies" books? Some legal expert could translate all those BATF publications into one comprehensive volume, using simple language and annotated with lots of everyday examples. I'll bet it would be hot seller! I know I would buy one!
Top Top