Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2001 8:17:08 AM EDT
When you pay the tax for an SBR, does that register the lower, or the upper and lower combination.  Which leads to my second question.

Can you have one SBR with a couple of different short barrel uppers and have other AR's?
Link Posted: 3/28/2001 5:17:34 PM EDT
Link Posted: 3/28/2001 6:49:07 PM EDT
you can still attatch a LARGER barrel to it, just not smaller!!!!!!
And soon....

Link Posted: 3/28/2001 9:23:23 PM EDT
And, really, if you wanted to go shorter, you could just send an amendment to your original Form 1 or Form 4 in to the ATF with the new (shorter) barrel length.  It's the LOWER that gets registered as the SBR, and the other fields are informational only, to aid in identify the NFA item.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top