Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/7/2002 12:45:37 PM EDT
I just wasted the past 4 hours watching " The Thin Red Line".  On History Channel....I did take a mid movie break to take a bike ride with my daughter....

This movie haunts me.....Some great battle scenes but the rest of it is GARBAGE!!!
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 1:00:45 PM EDT
[#1]
"Thin Red Line" is a much more cerebral movie than most, including me, care to sit through. Never having served in combat, I don't know what goes through men's heads before, during and after the battle. But a lot of this movie did seem like a stretch to me.
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 1:20:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 1:45:40 PM EDT
[#3]
The problem with that movie is the director seemed to want make an artsy fartsy movie over everything else.
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 2:03:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
This movie haunts me.....Some great battle scenes but the rest of it is GARBAGE!!!
View Quote

My opinion as well. Artsy-fartsy poetic BS. I only bought it for the battle scenes.
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 2:09:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/7/2002 2:12:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Give me the Big Red One over the Thin Red Line anytime. [;)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top