Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/1/2007 5:18:45 AM EDT
Whats the best one to get?
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 3:52:23 AM EDT
[#1]
If you are authorized to have a SATPHONE you will be issued one.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 5:22:27 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Wow, spoken like a true Army Reserve Staff Officer.....

My guess is there are more than a few un-issued SAT phones being carried around in your AO.  Does this cause a problem or are you jealous cause you don't have one? (Joke, that's a joke)

Sincere thanks to you for your service. (That's not a joke)
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 5:39:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Iridium is the best system I've dealt with.

The low Earth orbit constellation provides good service in virtually any AO.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 11:17:46 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow, spoken like a true Army Reserve Staff Officer.....

My guess is there are more than a few un-issued SAT phones being carried around in your AO.  Does this cause a problem or are you jealous cause you don't have one? (Joke, that's a joke)

Sincere thanks to you for your service. (That's not a joke)
IraQna cell phones worked good when I was their in 04-05. Ya, we had these silly Army restrictions on not having cell phone or SAT phones, but we ignored them, since the "People" that issued the orders did the samething.(Got to love that do as I say not as I do attitude in the Fobbitt forces ).
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 11:25:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Me and a Battle Buddy I had were going to get a sat phone ....

Chain of Command said we'd both get Field Grades along with anyone who knew about it or used it!

Link Posted: 12/2/2007 11:55:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 3:07:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Get an external antenna on an Iridium if you get one.   Cell phones work in many areas too though.   Iraqna, Wataniya, Asiacell, etc.   If you get an MTC-Vodafone in Kuwait (Zulo or something now, I forget but it's got a green, aqua and black logo)  it will work in MOST countries around the globe.

-Luke  
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 5:09:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the advice guys. Good stuff as always. Just for the record, the Army Chain of Command doesn't concern me too much. It's those Marine Corps Regs I worry about.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top