Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2002 7:38:00 PM EDT
SANTA CRUZ, Calif. - The City Council has became one of the first municipal bodies in the nation to pass a resolution denouncing any U.S.-led military strike on Iraq.

[url=http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0925SantaCruzIraq25-ON.html]Read more[/url]

Let the flames begin...
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 7:40:00 PM EDT
[#1]
California. That says it all for me.

CRC
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 7:45:06 PM EDT
[#2]
The Santa Cruz/Capitola area used to be one of my most favorite places in the world*.

Not anymore.

(* of course this was in my teens when I was there trying to be the next Rob Roskopp.)
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 8:04:18 PM EDT
[#3]
I bet it was a "Joint" resolution, as well..

Meplat-
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 8:06:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Still one of the best places in CA to find women, especially during the winter.
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 8:16:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 11:27:03 PM EDT
[#6]
The Santa Cruz City Council has been pulling stunts like this for 23 years. Ever since SCAN (Santa Cruz Action Network) became a political machine and dominated the city council elections with their candidates.

Santa Cruz City Council back in 1985 declared that they were a "Nuclear Free Zone". The standing joke back then was that the Soviets had better not set off a nuke within city limits otherwise they would get a citation from the city government.
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 11:44:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
The Santa Cruz/Capitola area used to be one of my most favorite places in the world*.

Not anymore.

(* of course this was in my teens when I was there trying to be the next Rob Roskopp.)
View Quote

Hey Green, how old ARE ya, then?  As, I grew up in the area, actually I was a "valley", living in San Jose, but ALWAYS over the mtn. in S.Cruz or Davenport.  And, funny you should mention, I was ALSO tryin' to be the next Rob Roscopp, though I never did like his decks, what the hell was that fishtail indent all about, anyways?  Gimme an Uncle Wiggly, Indy 169's and Ratbone 99's any day!!!

But of course, now I'm grown, bald and somewhat fat and Santa Cruz is the armpit of the Liberal world.  We'll talk about it at Camden!
Link Posted: 9/27/2002 11:49:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not anymore.

View Quote

Hey Green, how old ARE ya, then?  As, I grew up in the area, actually I was a "valley", living in San Jose, but ALWAYS over the mtn. in S.Cruz or Davenport.  And, funny you should mention, I was ALSO tryin' to be the next Rob Roscopp, though I never did like his decks, what the hell was that fishtail indent all about, anyways?  Gimme an Uncle Wiggly, Indy 169's and Ratbone 99's any day!!!

But of course, now I'm grown, bald and somewhat fat and Santa Cruz is the armpit of the Liberal world.  We'll talk about it at Camden!
View Quote

I was always a fan of the Vision Psychostick and some T-Bones, but what the hell do I know? Hosoi was also a favorite of mine.
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 6:04:23 AM EDT
[#9]
All the big cities about here are "Shallowvilles"
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 6:19:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Santa Cruz?  I trust no one is surprised?

Link Posted: 9/28/2002 10:46:37 AM EDT
[#11]
Camp Ninja-Looks like I'm not the only one from around there! I grew up in the Almaden valley & made frequent trips over 17 to SC for "social activities" went through Powell & SC decks about 1 a month, not to mention the occasional broken Indy's.Damn I feel old now.
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 11:05:40 AM EDT
[#12]
[redray]Shoot their nuts off.[/redray]

-T.
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 11:26:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm sure it WAS a joint resolution.  Berkley just hasn't announced it formerly yet...

[rolleyes]

-Troy <-- Often ashamed to live in the PRK
View Quote

Just curious, Troy... What will be the final straw that gets you to move to another state? [:)]
Link Posted: 9/28/2002 9:42:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
[redray]Shoot their nuts off.[/redray]

-T.
View Quote

They have to grow some first.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top