Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2008 11:57:32 AM EDT
This is ridiculous, the new Air Force Cyber Command has stolen the old SAC patch.  

www.afcyber.af.mil/

Is nothing sacred?  No wonder we have no tradition, history, or heritage in the Air Force worth upholding, with the asshats doing things like this constantly.

SACrilege! Any old SAC warriors here?
Link Posted: 4/14/2008 1:29:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I was in SAC for a short time and can't believe anyone would allow that!

Link Posted: 4/14/2008 2:05:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Oh HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   What a load of BS this is!  Faggity looking crest, piss poor take off of the GREATEST Command there ever was in the AF.  
Link Posted: 4/14/2008 2:05:55 PM EDT
[#3]
What does the P in parenthesis stand for, PUSSY?????
Link Posted: 4/14/2008 2:10:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought a T-shirt when I was stationed at Osan, in 86, that had the SAC crest but the fist held a pair of testicles spurting blood and the motto was "Te Err Is Human To Forgive Is Not SAC Policy".  
Link Posted: 4/14/2008 3:37:24 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
What does the P in parenthesis stand for, PUSSY?????

Provisional, they haven't finished the red tape for formalizing the command yet.  I guess all the old SAC Generals must be retired now.  
Link Posted: 4/14/2008 3:37:29 PM EDT
[#6]
42nd BMW, 1982-1987.  Loring AFB Maine.  The proposed Cyber Command patch is an insult to the thousands of men and women of the Strategic Air Command who helped win the Cold War.
Link Posted: 4/14/2008 3:54:50 PM EDT
[#7]
The first patch looks hardcore, like that gauntleted fist would reach down from the heavens and smash your face in.

The second one looks like it might reach down and give you a backrub.
Link Posted: 4/14/2008 4:19:10 PM EDT
[#8]
91st SPS/SPOL Minot AFB, N.D, June 83-83 and 90th SPS/SPOL, F.E. Warren AFB, WU, Aug 87-June 88.    When they abolished SAC it was one of the saddest days of my life.  
Link Posted: 4/14/2008 4:22:29 PM EDT
[#9]
When I attended my first Commander's Call at Osan AB, ROK, in Aug 86. our CSP, Chief of Security Police, Lt.Col Phillip R Stockton made a profound statement that will stay with me the rest of my life.  He came onto the stage at the Base Theater, introduced himself, ran down the list of all the SAC Bases he had been at then asked "Who here has been in SAC?" to which about 90% of us raised out hands.  The then asked "Who here hasn't?" to which the remaining 10% sheepishly raised their hands.  He replied "If you ain't been in SAC YOU AIN'T SHIT TO ME"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
Link Posted: 4/14/2008 4:42:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Dupe!

I'm in a Combat Communications Squadron that is affected by this.  The AF Communications Command was before my time. However the lineage, history and heraldry behind AF Communications Command would be better suited for this new role.  Hell, damn near all of the proposed units in AFCYBER(P) used to be in AF Communications Command.

Is there another McPeak in the house?

Hell, the heraldry even makes more sense to cyberspace than the old SAC crest!
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 4:45:10 AM EDT
[#11]
What a joke! Why don't they come up with their own fucking patch? A sacrilege to all those who served in the Strategic Air Command with pride.

509th Bomb Wing - Pease AFB, NH - June 77 thru November 79
Avionics Radar Shop - Tanker Toad
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 10:34:50 AM EDT
[#12]

Err, it is already being used.
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 10:53:11 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
www.stratcom.mil/images/stratcom_seal.jpg

Err, it is already being used.

Not even close to the same thing.  Some elements of it being incorporated into a completely different level of command and type of patch is a little different than changing nothing but the title at the bottom, despite zero relationship between the old SAC and the new AFCYBER.  At least STRATCOM has a direct relationship to what was SAC.  There are elements of the old SAC/MAC/TAC patches used all over the place, and of course of the elements of USAFE and PACAF too.  I used a similar gauntleted fist in a patch I designed for my last unit.  

ETA:  The patch I designed:

Link Posted: 4/15/2008 11:06:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Cyber Command, yuk.  I guess there is a place for Playstation losers and all those toadies who sucked at sports afterall. Who is leading the merry band of geeks into battle anyway?

I bet they have pokemon cards with Bill Gates and Steve Jobs to zap each other with magical geek powers.
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 12:55:13 PM EDT
[#15]

At least STRATCOM has a direct relationship to what was SAC.

My point exactly.  For the USAF to just zip in, lift a leg and magically proclaim magisterium over all things cyber a la old SAC is presumptive in the extreme.
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 12:59:26 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

At least STRATCOM has a direct relationship to what was SAC.

My point exactly.  For the USAF to just zip in, lift a leg and magically proclaim magisterium over all things cyber a la old SAC is presumptive in the extreme.

I couldn't agree more.  The AF leadership should have certainly foreseen the angst their decision to "recycle" the patch would cause.  No matter the uproar though, they won't be swayed from their course, they never are.  
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 1:05:59 PM EDT
[#17]

I couldn't agree more. The AF leadership should have certainly foreseen the angst their decision to "recycle" the patch would cause. No matter the uproar though, they won't be swayed from their course, they never are.

See also, the new Navy working uniforms.  Belch.
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 7:08:39 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
No matter the uproar though, they won't be swayed from their course, they never are.  

Well. . .

At least they listened when this abomination hit the street.
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 7:11:27 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
No matter the uproar though, they won't be swayed from their course, they never are.  

Well. . .

usmilitary.about.com/library/graphics/newafuniform2.bmp

At least they listened when this abomination hit the street.

The one and only time in my career they have appeared to listen.  I am proud to say I was part of the "feedback" on that abomination.    I seriously would have gone blue to green if that POS had been fielded, I hate it that much.  
Link Posted: 4/15/2008 7:13:18 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
The one and only time in my career they have appeared to listen.  I am proud to say I was part of the "feedback" on that abomination.    I seriously would have gone blue to green if that POS had been fielded, I hate it that much.  

Even as a Guardsman, I provided feedback every day.
I'm sure my comments are framed on someone's wall.  My personal favorite was thanking them for that design, because I thought it would look great on women's lingerie.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 5:58:55 AM EDT
[#21]

I've seen that uniform quite a bit, and its starting to grow on me, like a fungus.

Its not that bad, but the boots are a bit of question mark...are they blue, are they green?  Depending on light conditions, they either glow in the dark, or look really dirty.

The old MCPON was a moron, and Task Force Uniform was his idea.

If the "Big Idea" was to get rid of some of our 9 uniforms, its going to be another failure.  At this point, we just need some kind of cam that everyone can wear, khakis, and dress uniforms.  Keep flight suits, use ACU or MARPAT as the need exists, and maybe coveralls.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 6:08:18 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
usmilitary.about.com/library/graphics/newafuniform2.bmp

I've seen that uniform quite a bit, and its starting to grow on me, like a fungus.

Its not that bad, but the boots are a bit of question mark...are they blue, are they green?  Depending on light conditions, they either glow in the dark, or look really dirty.

The old MCPON was a moron, and Task Force Uniform was his idea.

If the "Big Idea" was to get rid of some of our 9 uniforms, its going to be another failure.  At this point, we just need some kind of cam that everyone can wear, khakis, and dress uniforms.  Keep flight suits, use ACU or MARPAT as the need exists, and maybe coveralls.

They put the kibosh on the blue tiger stripes and went to a half-assed "digitized" or "pixelated" tiger stripe in more or less ACU colors.

Having also worn dungarees, utilities and coveralls in a past life, I totally understand why the Navy is going the way it is.

Wow. . . from SAC to clothes!  Neat hijack!
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 9:19:34 AM EDT
[#23]

Wow. . . from SAC to clothes! Neat hijack!

Sorry!

I personnally think that every Unifed Command should be able to have their own uniforms.

SOCOM=Tiger Stripe BDU cutoff shorts and flipflops
TRANSCOM=A hardhat and bib overalls
SOUTHCOM=A sombero
PACOM=Board shorts and flipflops; sarongs for the ladies.
EUCOM=White tennis shoes and a crew cut (America dress code in Euroland joke.)
STRATCOM=one of those 1950s abestos oven mitt firefighting suits
NORTHCOM=a hockey jersey
JFCOM=a t-shirt that says "I got a shore rotation in Norfolk and all I got was this lousy t-shirt"
AFRICOM=a t-shirt that says "In American Geography, Bavaria is part of Africa"
CENTCOM=a t-shirt that says "There is CENTCOM, and CENTCOM Support."

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top