Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2001 7:23:59 AM EDT
Anybody hear about this yet?

[url]http://news.excite.com/news/ap/011004/11/news-us-russia[/url]
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 7:27:37 AM EDT
[#1]
yeah, i just heard it was leaving israel bound for russia.  it was shot down by a surface to air missle.  thats all i know so far...
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 7:28:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Russian. Over the Black Sea. Plane flying parallel path reported witnessing explosion @ 36,000 feet.

Popular rumors include, bomb, SAM, and possible shoot down by Ukrainian military because plane was off course.

Wait and see.

Sherm
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 7:35:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 7:36:24 AM EDT
[#4]
AP is reporting that the Russian AC was most likely accidentally shot down by the Ukrainian military during a training excercise.

DaMan
Link Posted: 10/4/2001 7:40:10 AM EDT
[#5]
No worse than the junk flying in Nigeria, one of planes they worked on for about 6-8 hours, before taking off, and when it took off, it crashed in a swamp killing everyone. I fortunately was in the other plane. This happened a few years back.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top