Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/3/2004 3:22:22 PM EST
Not criticizing the troops themselves, as it seems like the did a good job, but did anyone else notice how rag-tag they looked? I don't think I saw anything resembling a standard uniform, some were in T-shirts & sneakers. It almost looked like the Arfcom Army (actually, we would probably be more uniform than they are), has the Russian military really fallen that far?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:23:29 PM EST
Yes. Many have not been formally paid in over a year. That's pride. Many would walk off the job under those conditions.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:24:59 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/3/2004 3:26:09 PM EST by Jm03]
I dont think they had that far to fall to begin with.They use to not even issue socks.They gave them a washcloth that you wrapped your feet with.

They have always believed in quanity over quality.Even at the height of the Cold war I bet they couldnt field 2/3 of their weapons.

But one thing the average russian is not short on supply is courage and guts.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:30:24 PM EST

Originally Posted By Jm03:
But one thing the average russian is not short on supply is courage and guts.

I'm sure the Germans would agree with you. I guess this is just how they have always operated, gutsy guys and good soldiers but they NEVER seem to be properly equipped.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:34:53 PM EST
I think I would have to agree with the not properly prepared part. In some of the pictures I saw, they had what looked to be RPG's straped to thier backs. Why would they need RPG's in that situation?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:37:26 PM EST

Originally Posted By R14:
I think I would have to agree with the not properly prepared part. In some of the pictures I saw, they had what looked to be RPG's straped to thier backs. Why would they need RPG's in that situation?

they also had PKM MG's, tanks, and APC's. Don't fuck with the Russkies. They know what to bring to a gunfight!
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 3:39:14 PM EST

Originally Posted By R14:

Ummm ...Dug in terrorists? Breaching of doors?
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 4:09:34 PM EST
Why NOT have an RPG? Those things are much more deadly than those old AKs they carry!
Top Top