Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Posted: 1/9/2005 11:39:03 AM EDT
Who has one and how do you like it? Ive been wanting one for a while now and would like to know what things to be aware of/ look for  when purchasing one.

I saw one at a recent gunshow for $110.00 in original stock clean with accessories. Should I have
snagged it?

Also, I have been considering getting a C&R. Are there any advantages to getting the license first.

Thanks for any input.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:57:12 PM EDT
buy it, and buy all the cheap albanian ammo you can find to shoot through it.  Just don't shoot it prone around dry grass.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:01:35 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:04:48 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Marco:
Also, I have been considering getting a C&R. Are there any advantages to getting the license first.

Yeah, because you can get
them with accessories for
$59 + shipping from SOG.

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:07:11 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DeltaAir423:
buy it, and buy all the cheap albanian ammo you can find to shoot through it.  Just don't shoot it prone around dry grass.

Is this by first hand experience.  Are you saying it produces a nice fireball.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:31:26 PM EDT
I bought one from a member here with the thought that it would be a truck gun.  That didn't happen.  Turns out I became quite addicted to the ball of fire that spews forth and the fact that it will shoot minute-of-neighbor's-loose-dog is just gravy.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:34:37 PM EDT
Actually, theres a line of sporting goods stores here in Washington called "Big 5"
Where I bought one for my brother in law for $79 w/accesories.
It would be neat to get a C/R license though.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 5:04:12 PM EDT

Originally Posted By eodtech2000:

Very nice fireball.  I'll have to see if Byte can get a fireball pic.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:03:12 PM EDT

"Fireball" would be kind of an understatement.....
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:14:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/9/2005 8:42:43 PM EDT by Skibane]

Originally Posted By Juell:

"Neat" doesn't begin to cover it – Paying approximately half of retail price for firearms that are shipped directly to your doorstep without any FFL involvement is ferkin' fantastic!

I guarantee ya: That $30 C&R fee is the BEST firearms investment you'll ever make.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:16:39 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Juell:
Actually, theres a line of sporting goods stores here in Washington called "Big 5"
Where I bought one for my brother in law for $79 w/accesories.

I bought my M44 from them, I really need to get a C&R licence.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:16:43 PM EDT
With one purchase or two, the C&R will pay for itself.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:17:09 PM EDT
I like my M38, kicks like a mule, huge fire ball and cheap to shoot. FUN
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:59:02 PM EDT
C&R License = nice discount at Brownells
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:03:00 PM EDT
Big 5 has the Russian M44s for $75 quite often.  M38s are great, but they sure do bust the shoulder a bit.  I paid $120 for my M44 while it was mostly Romanians around.  Check Big 5 but I wouldn't feel bad about getting it.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:12:43 PM EDT

Just screwing with you, I saw you shoot at CE and got to shoot a few rounds myself.  Nice visible ball of flame in broad daylight.  

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:27:46 PM EDT
C&R not only gets you a discount at brownells but also at midway.I haven't got around to buying any C&R guns in the last three years but have saved piles of money (which I spent on gun stuff anyhow)
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:29:40 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Ratters:
Big 5 has the Russian M44s for $75 quite often.  M38s are great, but they sure do bust the shoulder a bit.  I paid $120 for my M44 while it was mostly Romanians around.  Check Big 5 but I wouldn't feel bad about getting it.

+1 on the 75.00 M-44. Cheap rifle, cheap ammo and a small piece of history.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 7:48:17 PM EDT
What about the M44?? Any opinions? I was reluctant to buy one cause of the permanent bayo lug, which I thought would affect accuracy. (or is it effect???) anyone shot one in comparison to the m38?
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 8:30:05 PM EDT
Im having a difficult time finding a simple downloadable ATF Form 7CR(5310.16). Ive applied at the ATF and will be waiting for their copies to arrive. In the meantim is there a site where I can download and review the information?

Ive wanted to get one for some time, and thats now
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:29:27 PM EDT

Originally Posted By t-stox:
What about the M44?? Any opinions? I was reluctant to buy one cause of the permanent bayo lug, which I thought would affect accuracy. (or is it effect???) anyone shot one in comparison to the m38?

M-44 with the permanant mounted bayo does affect accuracy.  It is meant to be shot with the bayo extended othewise, you POI can move as much a 4 inches to the right.  Other than that, it is a very accurate carbine.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:53:52 PM EDT

[Are you saying it produces a nice fireball.

Link Posted: 1/9/2005 10:05:29 PM EDT
I call mine "The Mule".

Buy one and shoot it...you will sooin find out why.

SGatr15
Top Top