Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/25/2014 4:42:54 PM EDT
http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/25/world/europe/ukraine-crisis/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Kiev, Ukraine (CNN)\ -- U.S. President Barack Obama threatened Russia on Friday with new sanctions over its actions in Ukraine as the Ukrainian Prime Minister also came out with tough words against Moscow.

The United States could announce further sanctions as early as next week, U.S. officials say.

Russian attempts to start conflict in Ukraine will lead to military conflict in Europe, Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk warned.

He also charged Russia with aiming to occupy his country "militarily and politically," and said Moscow wants to start a third world war.

ETA: Looks like Russia isn't happy about Ukraine's attempts to retake cities from pro-russian separatists.

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 4:43:53 PM EDT
[#1]
It's just a matter of time now. Days, probably.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 4:47:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

inevitab............ENEVITAB... inev.....It's going to happen.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 4:49:36 PM EDT
[#3]
yeah the US has done everything they could do to provoke Russia into a hot war in order to place blame for the inevitable demise of the petrodollar.

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 4:54:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
yeah the US has done everything they could do to provoke Russia into a hot war in order to place blame for the inevitable demise of the petrodollar.

View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 4:54:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Just imagine what sanctions he'll threaten Putin with if he invades Poland!
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 4:57:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Or Alaska. That would be a letter from Barry that only the bravest of the brave could stand to read.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 4:57:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote

What is Russia going to replace it with? The Ruble? Lol, that'll really start a trend.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 4:59:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Think I'll rewatch the original Red Dawn this weekend.

The Sum of All Fears

By Dawn's Early Light
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 5:01:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Several government agencies have been buying vast quantities of construction site red line spray paint...
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 5:02:00 PM EDT
[#10]
I though Ukraine has/had good AA missiles?
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 5:07:40 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Or Alaska. That would be a letter from Barry that only the bravest of the brave could stand to read.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

As long as american idol continues to air on time on people won't even notice.

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 5:12:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Even the Ukrainians have no faith in their military.  Not a single shot was fired in Crimea.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 5:16:21 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

View Quote

Ukraine hasn't given me an impression that they'll fight for their sovereignty against Russia.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 5:18:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Even the Ukrainians have no faith in their military.  Not a single shot was fired in Crimea.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This
What surprises me is when they had their riot in freedom park or whatever its called. They were burning govt
buildings, Ukrainian buildings, the army stood by helpless. They should of moved in then against their own
people and their own police and put them under arrest. Both the police and the protesters I mean.

Even the Egyptian army did much better against the MB. They realized the country was spiraling down and
decided to step in.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 5:20:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 5:20:46 PM EDT
[#16]
That whole giving up their nukes thing isn't working out very well for them.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 5:23:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been watching the Vice News "Ukraine invasion" series, which is definately done with a pro-Kiev slant, and I have yet to see a single Ukrainian military dude do anything other than hand over their weapons when even the least bit of resistance is encountered.

It's sure seems to be a crappy situation for everyone but the Russians.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 5:44:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'd guess so.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 5:45:29 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Ukraine hasn't given me an impression that they'll fight for their sovereignty against Russia.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And everyone knows it.  Hell.  They're waiting for the Russians just like the rest of the world is waiting for it.

I think Putin is only waiting to see if Obama will prod him a little more into not doing it; so he can go ahead and do it and get the double whammy of pwning "the Americans" to increase his international capital.  
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 5:53:10 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

View Quote

Russia snagged a bunch of their SA10s when all this started

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 5:54:36 PM EDT
[#21]
We need to increase our natural gas exports to Europe.

We need to remind our NATO allies of their commitments and push them to increase their defense budgets.

We need to strengthen our NATO allies in Eastern Europe.

Sanctions are foolish. They're just window dressing.  Anything we provide to the Ukraine we may as well hand over to the Russians.  We've been asleep too long and we've already lost here, but the question is whether we remain asleep and lose a lot more.

We need double or hell triple our effort regarding Missile Defense particularly in regards to Europe.

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 5:57:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Let's hope the Ukrainians have a good stockpile of RPG-29s and Kornets....
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 5:58:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I've been watching the Vice News "Ukraine invasion" series, which is definately done with a pro-Kiev slant, and I have yet to see a single Ukrainian military dude do anything other than hand over their weapons when even the least bit of resistance is encountered.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Weak military means they would just get slaughtered. They know it. Shitty position to be in. Do you commit suicide or just turn the clock back to your childhood? The people who care enough aren't where this is all going down.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 5:59:01 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

What is Russia going to replace it with? The Ruble? Lol, that'll really start a trend.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

non-sequitor.  the end of the petrodollar does not mean that the Ruble is in play, it isn't.  China has been buying fucktons of gold, not to back the Yuan as the GRC, but to get into the SDR basket.  Russia has backed the Yuan and China has backed Russia in Ukraine.  ymmv.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:01:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
We need to increase our natural gas exports to Europe.

We need to remind our NATO allies of their commitments and push them to increase their defense budgets.

We need to strengthen our NATO allies in Eastern Europe.

Sanctions are foolish. They're just window dressing.  Anything we provide to the Ukraine we may as well hand over to the Russians.  We've been asleep too long and we've already lost here, but the question is whether we remain asleep and lose a lot more.

We need double or hell triple our effort regarding Missile Defense particularly in regards to Europe.

View Quote

the US and NATO are broke.  that's the point of the push to WW3.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:03:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

The Sum of All Fears

By Dawn's Early Light
View Quote

Watched 13 days last night...

LOL
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:20:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

LOL
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Sum of All Fears

By Dawn's Early Light

LOL

That's right Canada will be involved also. Welcome to the party
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:30:14 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
http://www.cnn.com/2014/04/25/world/europe/ukraine-crisis/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

Kiev, Ukraine (CNN)\ -- U.S. President Barack Obama threatened Russia on Friday with new sanctions over its actions in Ukraine as the Ukrainian Prime Minister also came out with tough words against Moscow.

The United States could announce further sanctions as early as next week, U.S. officials say.

Russian attempts to start conflict in Ukraine will lead to military conflict in Europe, Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk warned.

He also charged Russia with aiming to occupy his country "militarily and politically," and said Moscow wants to start a third world war.

ETA: Looks like Russia isn't happy about Ukraine's attempts to retake cities from pro-russian separatists.

View Quote

That'll elicit another sternly worded letter!

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:31:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

non-sequitor.  the end of the petrodollar does not mean that the Ruble is in play, it isn't.  China has been buying fucktons of gold, not to back the Yuan as the GRC, but to get into the SDR basket.  Russia has backed the Yuan and China has backed Russia in Ukraine.  ymmv.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, maybe the world should trade in gold bullion instead of the dollar.  I shall consider the implications.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:35:35 PM EDT
[#30]
I huess somebody forgot what it was like.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:37:35 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:42:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why would they?  Turn your country into a fucking scene outa Stalingrad in WWII or let the people who were always pulling the strings continue to pull the strings.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:43:51 PM EDT
[#33]

I HOPE THAT HAUNTS HER FOR THE REST OF HER LIFE!
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:45:41 PM EDT
[#34]
What surprises me is when they had their riot in freedom park or whatever its called. They were burning govt
buildings, Ukrainian buildings, the army stood by helpless. They should have moved in then against their own
people and their own police and put them under arrest. Both the police and the protesters I mean.
View Quote

Looking at it in retrospect, is it outside the realm of possibility that the Russians orchestrated the whole series of events in Maidan Square to give them an excuse to intervene? This would be the mother of all "false flag" operations, but I wouldn't put it past the Russian mode of thinking.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:48:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Youtube the Vice reports on the Ukraine.  The Ukies are just handing over their own guns and vehicles to the pro Ruskies.  Regardless of what ARFCOM says 80% of ARFCOM has never spent a day of their life in another country.  Russia taking the Ukraine is like us taking over a Canadian providence on our border where 30-50% want it.    Get over it, it's Russia's
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:54:09 PM EDT
[#36]
View Quote

Greece, a NATO ally, is expecting 1.5 million Russian tourists this summer. It needs that Russian tourist revenue to keep its economy afloat.

Next winter, it's going to need Gasprom natural gas imports, provided by Russia at attractive rates, to keep its people from freezing.

Meanwhile, Greece is bankrupt.

If you were the Greek prime minister, what would you do?

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 6:54:31 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

And Nothing will happen to stop Russia. Nothing.

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:01:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I HOPE THAT HAUNTS HER FOR THE REST OF HER LIFE!
View All Quotes

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:04:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

What in the fuck
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:07:22 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This. Submarines, ships and aircraft given up without a fight.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:09:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Weak military means they would just get slaughtered. They know it. Shitty position to be in. Do you commit suicide or just turn the clock back to your childhood? The people who care enough aren't where this is all going down.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Defend your fucking country or you don't deserve to be one
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:14:34 PM EDT
[#42]
This fucking idiot is going to get world war 3 started.

I wonder if Ukraine has figured out that barry is nothing but hot air and red lines.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:18:38 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Of happenings.

Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:20:56 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:21:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Zero, soon to be be seen at Andrews AFB waving a piece of paper over his head and telling anyone who will listen Peace is at Hand.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:40:07 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They did not even scuttle their only submarine or any of their navy ships.  No booby trapped ammo dumps.  No land mines.  Nothing.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:46:03 PM EDT
[#47]
Maybe I haven't been paying attention and correct me if I'm wrong...but.....the initial maiden protesters were barely armed. Sticks, rocks and an occasional shotgun or Nagant pistol. Yet these pro-Russian "militia" are running around with VEPR-12s, RPKs, 74s and 47s, and crew served weapons, belt feds, and explosives. Does Putin think the world is stupid? Maybe they are.....
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:47:19 PM EDT
[#48]
The only fighting that I have seen was by rock throwing guys in Kiev.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:47:37 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
This fucking idiot is going to get world war 3 started.

I wonder if Ukraine has figured out that barry is nothing but hot air and red lines.
View Quote

+1 These fools have no idea what the hell they are doing, they are playing with fire.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 7:49:11 PM EDT
[#50]

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top