BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 11
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 9:02:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I’ll double check off top of my head their active is only 280,000.
View Quote

The million includes Navy and Air Force. Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/putin-signs-decree-increase-size-russian-armed-forces-2022-08-25/ That’s all branches they have rocket forces, special operations, border guards in addition to Navy, Air Force, etc. which some say the real number is 770,000 on payroll Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 9:05:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Time to implement a DRAFT here at home.
Take every healthy, military-aged, male illegal coming across our Southern border and draft them. Take those that are too old, say 30 and up, and immediately put them to work building low cost housing for single mothers with children, and wives of the newly drafted yutes. Get all children educated, speaking English and start training for needed tech and trades .
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 9:15:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Nm wrong underscore shill
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 9:24:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Take every healthy, military-aged, male illegal coming across our Southern border and draft them. Take those that are too old, say 30 and up, and immediately put them to work building low cost housing for single mothers with children, and wives of the newly drafted yutes. Get all children educated, speaking English and start training for needed tech and trades .
View Quote

Lol!  Gonna do all that before the incoming nukes or after?
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 9:28:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

What are you going to do with a massive army of conscripts who have an average IQ of about 85 and don't speak English?
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 9:29:07 PM EDT
[#6]

Thanks for that.
They have proved they couldn't defend their own soil, let alone take a neighbor.

Fuck those ORCS !!!
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 9:41:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

What are you going to do with a massive army of conscripts who have an average IQ of about 85 and don't speak English?
View Quote

*cough* Cannon Fodder *cough*
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 9:42:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Lol!  Gonna do all that before the incoming nukes or after?
View Quote

both
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 9:46:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Thanks for that.
They have proved they couldn't defend their own soil, let alone take a neighbor.

Fuck those ORCS !!!
View Quote

This goes back to what I posted in the Spring and why every month I harped on manpower issues. First you don’t attack countries but if you do then you better fucking have your shit in order to win. It’s why as ridiculous as it seems, I find it believable that Moscow was deluded enough to think they’d show up, Kiev would flee Afghan and Iraq style and they’d get a welcome parade without a fight. Now 6 months later they’re trying to address shit that should have been done before you attack your neighbor. You never assume Shit, hope is not a plan. You plan for the worse. Now if you realize you don’t have what you need to win, then you don’t attack. But it’s pretty clear Moscow isn’t giving up so this will easily go into next year. Kiev is finally pressing the north above Lyman and getting across the river. Russia better deal with that instead of trying to focus on Bakhmut. If Russia switches out those being mobilized with personnel on active in Russia they can get troops into Ukraine faster than retraining the personnel that are being mobilized.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 9:49:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

We don’t need a draft.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 9:52:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

We don’t need a draft.
View Quote

Think of it as a work program, with benefits
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 9:57:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 9:58:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
3 weeks would be impressive. So that can't be right.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Polish government expects mobilized Russian to start arriving in Ukraine in about 3 weeks. Others have said up to 3 months so basically for next year.
3 weeks would be impressive. So that can't be right.

Three weeks means effectively zero training beyond any prior experience reservists have, which probably isn't worth much for Russian reservists.  Here's a rifle and some uniforms (maybe), try to kill at least two Ukrainians before you die.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:05:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Three weeks means effectively zero training beyond any prior experience reservists have, which probably isn't worth much for Russian reservists.  Here's a rifle and some uniforms (maybe), try to kill at least two Ukrainians before you die.
View Quote

Guessing they’ll 1 for 1 current active duty and switch out with mobilized back in Russia then transport active duty guy into Ukraine. So the mobilized in the short term likely stay inside Russia while current active get sent to Ukraine.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:08:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Like I wrote in May. Moscow expected a welcome parade - delusional - but walked into a bar fight instead. You don’t win wars on the cheap.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Should have called up a million. Trained them up over the next few months, then gone in hard.

*I'm not saying that is what I want him to do. I think RUS needs to get the fuck out of UKR.

Like I wrote in May. Moscow expected a welcome parade - delusional - but walked into a bar fight instead. You don’t win wars on the cheap.

Unless they were that cocky they were gonna just March in with nothing stopping them.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:12:26 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

It's pretty clear the whole thing was not rational even before the initial attack.

With the amount of guns, grenades and AA/ATGMs missiles floting about just before the invasion AND the unprovoked nature of the attack, Russia would have had to realise that any long term occupation would be cost prohibative in men and material.

View Quote

Pure speculation but I could see Xi Jingping blowing smoke up Putin's ass back around the Olympics and I can imagine Xi Jingping  egging on North Korea and Iran in hopes of going for Taiwan with the world distracted. But I kept rolling out my “it’s Vietnam now baby” gif way back when the Pentagon said Kiev would be overrun in 3 days because I just never bought into most of Ukraine being okay with Russia controlling their country. Donbass might lean more sympathetic to Russia but I doubt the ordinary people living in Kiev would.
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:16:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Unless they were that cocky they were gonna just March in with nothing stopping them.
View Quote

Anything’s possible. Their ego has to be in check now. Even if they believe they’re fighting NATO, their Air Force is lackluster and NATO is all about air power. Russia better fine tune its air defense and aircraft or even India won’t buy their arms next year and Venezuela or South Africa can’t afford S-400s and SU-35s
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 10:19:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Queues have sprung up along Russia's border as men attempt to leave the country to avoid a military call-up for the war in Ukraine.

President Vladimir Putin announced a partial military mobilisation on Wednesday, which could see 300,000 people summoned to serve in the war.

The Kremlin says reports of fighting-age men fleeing are exaggerated.

But on the border with Georgia, miles-long queues of vehicles have formed including men trying to escape the war...
View Quote

BBC source

... 'I will break my arm, my leg... anything to avoid the draft'...

...For many Russian men the Kremlin's decision to call up 300,000 military reservists for the war in Ukraine came as a shock.

In the big cities, Russia's seven-month war on its neighbour has always seemed a long way away. But as soon as President Vladimir Putin's address was over, it hit home. Being sent into combat was closer than anyone could have imagined...
View Quote

BBC source
Link Posted: 9/22/2022 11:59:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

We don't need a draft.
View Quote
Are you sure?

Citing recruiting woes, Army will shed up to 28,000 troops in next year

Then again, the last time we had a draft it didn't work out very well.  An estimated 570,000 Americans were classified as "draft offenders", 210,000 were formally accused of evading the draft, and an estimated 30,000 to 100,000 fled to Canada.

Given the high percentage of Soy Bois in America today those numbers would likely be significantly higher this time around.

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 1:12:20 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Guessing they’ll 1 for 1 current active duty and switch out with mobilized back in Russia then transport active duty guy into Ukraine. So the mobilized in the short term likely stay inside Russia while current active get sent to Ukraine.
View Quote

The mobilization decree says the mobilized will have the same status as contractors.  Under Russia's "legal system" that is an important distinction because conscripts are not supposed to be used outside Russian territory absent a full mobilization; but volunteers/kontraktniki (contractors) can be used anywhere, including Ukraine.  The latest decree kind of makes that distinction pointless but Putin hit up that point in his speech, so he's clearly feeling pressure there.

If Putin planned to do as you suggest, that's a dumb clause to include because it will cost him a lot politically to include it.  And I imagine he doesn't have many kontraktniki left.

From what I'm hearing though, Putin is pretty much ignoring it anyway and sending a lot of the ethnic central Asian citizens off to war.   Little villages of 450 people in the Far East sending 50 of their guys off, military experience or no.  I guess he's aiming to prove Napoleon wrong that poverty, privation, and misery are the school of a good soldier.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 1:34:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

The mobilization decree says the mobilized will have the same status as contractors.  Under Russia's "legal system" that is an important distinction because conscripts are not supposed to be used outside Russian territory absent a full mobilization; but volunteers/kontraktniki (contractors) can be used anywhere, including Ukraine.  The latest decree kind of makes that distinction pointless but Putin hit up that point in his speech, so he's clearly feeling pressure there.

If Putin planned to do as you suggest, that's a dumb clause to include because it will cost him a lot politically to include it.  And I imagine he doesn't have many kontraktniki left.

From what I'm hearing though, Putin is pretty much ignoring it anyway and sending a lot of the ethnic central Asian citizens off to war.   Little villages of 450 people in the Far East sending 50 of their guys off, military experience or no.  I guess he's aiming to prove Napoleon wrong that poverty, privation, and misery are the school of a good soldier.
View Quote

$2,000 a month is decent pay for that AO
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 1:37:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Good post comrade. They should be raped and murdered by Russian orcs if they bought food and weapons instead of coats.

They were not given money but loan guarantees and military equipment. Do you keep warm with a 155mm cannon?

*Actually, a smoking hot beltfed is my preferred heat source in the winter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If the Ukrainian army needs even winter uniforms, it's a clear sign of where the money to supply them went.  And what that country stands for.

Good post comrade. They should be raped and murdered by Russian orcs if they bought food and weapons instead of coats.

They were not given money but loan guarantees and military equipment. Do you keep warm with a 155mm cannon?

Sure!  Because an army that should be prepared to fight in cold weather does not have winter coats.    

What's next?  We already sent billions, weapons, and now winter coats.  Because those corrupt parasitic tuckers would not even have winter coats?  

What's next?  They will start selling bridges in Ukraine?  There will be many here who would buy them.

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 1:43:02 AM EDT
[#23]
View All Quotes

Don't forget that "Ukrainian nazis are good nazis."   So, that isn't very far fetched...  

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 1:43:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Sure!  Because an army that should be prepared to fight in cold weather does not have winter coats.    

What's next?  We already sent billions, weapons, and now winter coats.  Because those corrupt parasitic tuckers would not even have winter coats?  

What's next?  They will start selling bridges in Ukraine?  There will be many here who would buy them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If the Ukrainian army needs even winter uniforms, it's a clear sign of where the money to supply them went.  And what that country stands for.

Big trouble in little china "are you crazy?"
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 1:49:23 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

How many armies do you think keep 5x their normal complement of winter coats in stock? The US military doesn’t.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 1:54:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

How many armies do you think keep 5x their normal complement of winter coats in stock? The US military doesn’t.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mostly the Ukrainian, which likely launders even uniforms.

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 2:06:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Are you sure?

Then again, the last time we had a draft it didn't work out very well.  An estimated 570,000 Americans were classified as "draft offenders", 210,000 were formally accused of evading the draft, and an estimated 30,000 to 100,000 fled to Canada.

Given the high percentage of Soy Bois in America today those numbers would likely be significantly higher this time around.

View Quote

Lol gotta be "soy" why one would avoid a modern draft ??. Totally not the mismanagement by military leadership and corrupt politicians sending young men to fight for 20 years with no clear objective and for really no reason other than $$$. Not to mention they lied us into Iraq why wouldnt they do it again.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 2:11:13 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Are you sure?

View Quote

Yes, I am sure.

Given the overall force structure it’s not needed

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 2:14:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

The Russians are building a bridge In Kherson and nova kakovka. Perhaps they needed dollars more. So one could be for sale

The Ukrainian army standing up 5x its original number has nothing to do with it I guess.

But you’ll never miss a chance to swipe at folks trying to save their nation
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 2:14:34 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Last I checked every nation launders uniforms. They don’t clean themselves
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 2:19:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you’d like to show us where they sold 800,000 of their distinctive jackets as stolen surplus I’d be happy to see it. But you’re just talking out of your ass like always.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 2:44:54 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote

If someone invaded us, I bet 99% of arfcom are already prepared for all seasons of warfare. I'm sure these idiots had winter coats before the war. Shit, our troops didn't have winter gear during the battle of the bulge, but still didn't give up.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 2:56:58 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

If someone invaded us, I bet 99% of arfcom are already prepared for all seasons of warfare. I'm sure these idiots had winter coats before the war. Shit, our troops didn't have winter gear during the battle of the bulge, but still didn't give up.
View Quote

Have you seen them give up for lack of gear? Having a winter jacket isn’t the same as having a military winter jacket (if you doubt that we can play hide and seek with you in my yellow down jacket) and having it be a uniform item is important for obvious military reasons.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 3:44:53 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Have you seen them give up for lack of gear? Having a winter jacket isn’t the same as having a military winter jacket (if you doubt that we can play hide and seek with you in my yellow down jacket) and having it be a uniform item is important for obvious military reasons.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well if it gets to that point freezing isn't going to work too well either so that civilian coat is going to be better than nothing. Maybe wear it underneath whatever summer uniform you have just to stay warm but still look uniform and camoed.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 4:01:35 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Well if it gets to that point freezing isn't going to work too well either so that civilian coat is going to be better than nothing. Maybe wear it underneath whatever summer uniform you have just to stay warm but still look uniform and camoed.
View Quote

The cotton summers? That’s smart.

They’ll do what they have to in the end. It’s not like they are going to surrender to Russia if they get cold. In the meantime they can have all the old winter clothing the west can find in storage.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 4:10:11 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Make sure you tell them goodbye.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just an FYI, I've heard that several people received activation orders on the day Putin made the announcement.

They must be conservatives
Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 4:14:33 AM EDT
[#37]
Nah, conservatives go because it’s their duty, everyone else goes because the MPs seize them and drag them to post.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 4:30:05 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

We aren't the stupid Germans.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 4:31:14 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just an FYI, I've heard that several people received activation orders on the day Putin made the announcement.

Click To View Spoiler

This effeminate resistance to the profession of arms sure the fuck isn't conservative.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 5:03:16 AM EDT
[#40]

Actual bodies, or just ghost soldiers on paper?
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 5:13:41 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Does the average Russian have basic internet access?

I know the entire country can't be completely retarded but not much the leaders or people do seems to make sense. Finding out they live in an information vacuum might help me better deal with the oddities.
View Quote

What's our excuse with Biden then?

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:06:08 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

The same names in all 3 branches.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 7:35:44 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Through most of the war; this is true. Very few people from Moscow, St Petersburg, or the surrounding areas were deployed or fighting.

The latest leak of the mobilization names show about 50% total coming (around 150,000) from St Petersburg and Moscow and surrounding regions though.

But, of course, you’re talking 150,000 men out of a combined area with a population of like 25 million (20 million in greater Moscow metro, 5 million in and around St Peterburg).  The news cameras catch footage in those cities but it’s a drop in the bucket compared to a small village getting wiped of all its military aged men.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 8:55:20 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Nah, conservatives go because it’s their duty, everyone else goes because the MPs seize them and drag them to post.
View Quote

So you're the latter?

So which is it? Russia can stop the war by simply stopping their invasion, or MPs should seize them and drag them to their posts?

Do the Russians have an obligation to fight in Ukraine because their gov told them to? Or does compulsory service only apply to Americans?
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 8:57:44 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Dang, they could be the top 10% of the Russian officer corps.

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 9:00:26 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

This effeminate resistance to the profession of arms sure the fuck isn't conservative.
View Quote

Lol whatever you say
Very compelling and intellectual response in defense of your position. Your cognitive abilities are unmatched! You have convinced me by simple name calling, I am on your side now. Draft everyone! Kill orcs! Mooreshawnm smash!
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 9:08:26 AM EDT
[#47]
Y’all realize Ukraine and NATO are losing this thing and NATO has defense contractors in Ukraine fighting Russians now because they ran out of Ukrainians? Where do you people get your information from? ??
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 9:10:52 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Y’all realize Ukraine and NATO are losing this thing and NATO has defense contractors in Ukraine fighting Russians now because they ran out of Ukrainians? Where do you people get your information from? ??
View Quote

You waited that long to make your first post and it's pure garbage.

Good work, comrade.

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 9:19:37 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Supposedly only 770K are on payroll
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 9:26:45 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

You waited two years to make this your first post?  Do you like feet?
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top