BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 11
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 1:49:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Lol, that T90M that the Ukrainians just captured was just a T62 in disguise I suppose.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Armed with what?

Russia's already down to fielding T-62s, field artillery from the 1950s, buying drones from Iran, and shells from North Korea.

Lol, that T90M that the Ukrainians just captured was just a T62 in disguise I suppose.

Look at what is showing up on trains going to the front in recent videos and photos - it's not modern equipment. That T90M was likely on the front for many months before getting captured.

As for how are they running out? Russia is notorious for lack of maintenance - look at their Navy. I'd suspect that quite a lot of the tanks that got parked in Siberia are rusted and degraded to the point if requiring extensive rebuild before use. Russia doesn't have the time or resources at this point to do a tear down and rebuild on a few thousand T72s.

They're fielding an odd assortment of old gear because they're pulling the best condition stuff that they have left.
More and more old equipment is being shipped and more is being captured or destroyed. Russia can't replace the modern equipment they are losing.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 1:50:18 PM EDT
[#2]
So my brother in law (former KGB officer) narrowly escaped this call up as the oldest age in his category is 55 and he is 58.   My nephew, in his 20's arrowly escaped the call up as he has 4 children.   Those with 4 or more children are exempt for now.   My wife's ex-husband is called up - activated -  he is under age 55 but over age 50.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 1:51:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Oh I gotcha....never heard of the Manchu mile.  Of course the depth of my knowledge of the boxer rebellion isn't great.  Prior to WW2 things get foggy.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 1:51:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 1:54:25 PM EDT
[#5]
What are they going to use to equip these new troops?  Mosins and T34s?

Link Posted: 9/21/2022 1:57:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What are they going to use to equip these new troops?  Mosins and T34s?

View Quote
When Russia fights there's usually plenty of gear lying on the ground.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 1:59:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
So my brother in law (former KGB officer) narrowly escaped this call up as the oldest age in his category is 55 and he is 58.   My nephew, in his 20's arrowly escaped the call up as he has 4 children.   Those with 4 or more children are exempt for now.   My wife's ex-husband is called up - activated -  he is under age 55 but over age 50.
View Quote

1 million rubles for your 10th child | Jenny Mathers
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 2:02:40 PM EDT
[#8]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wTJmC-wZK8

Isn't that something!
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 2:08:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

no it's not. Years ago you guys were probably arguing in WW2 threads .. damning the French and English for appeasement instead of stopping Hitler before he had a huge land army.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If people who dont want to ruin their economy or be dragged into a war that is none of their business, for the sake of corrupt government are "Vichy-st" does that make you a 1940s communist, by the same logic ?

Ps : I don't support Russian invasion. To make it clear to the simpler minded.

Exactly. Well said.

TC

no it's not. Years ago you guys were probably arguing in WW2 threads .. damning the French and English for appeasement instead of stopping Hitler before he had a huge land army.

Arguing staying out of WWI, then there would have been no Hitler.  It seems about 90% of the time we interfere, it turns out like shit.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 2:08:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I’m fair, my rule applies worldwide. Handover the 1-2% non totally crazy hot chicks they got too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can say the same about many ethnicities but some will get you banned.

I’m fair, my rule applies worldwide. Handover the 1-2% non totally crazy hot chicks they got too.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 2:16:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

This, theres no coming back for Russia, even if putin is reolaced. No sanctions will be lifted, no seized assets will be returned. They will forever be enemies of ukraine and nato
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's one thing having impoverished Asian Russians getting whacked in this "operation", it will be entirely different sending fathers and son's from average Russian households home in a zinc lined box.

Six months from now, Putin will be putting up with demonstrations and public opinion turning against him.

Putin will die a lonely old man unloved by the entire world.

Maybe. I heard for years about the impending collapse of North Korea after the Cold War then I heard no way could North Korea make a nuclear bomb. Same for China. Do an archive search for China will collapse any day now - like Trump any day. These authoritarian / communist / shitholes have figured out how to maintain power. USSR lasted like 70 or 75 years before finally collapsing. Cuba is still a communist shithole post Castro’s death!

I suspect that we won’t like what comes after Putin. They may withdraw from Ukraine if he gets deposed or dies but they will continue to be a rival.

This, theres no coming back for Russia, even if putin is reolaced. No sanctions will be lifted, no seized assets will be returned. They will forever be enemies of ukraine and nato

They will still be a trading partner though. Some sanctions will ease but it will still be a mess.

The odds of getting a western friendly government are pretty slim and the fact that western governments are proving to be as bad as they are doesn’t help.

ETA western governments aren’t as bad as Russia yet.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 2:17:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
So Russia is fighting Nazis too...have they connected with Biden so they can coordinate? Reading propaganda, I mean "news" today, it seems that ze Nazis are everywhere...
View Quote

Nazis here and Nazis there. Biden and Putin are both fighting Nazis.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 2:20:09 PM EDT
[#14]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is true, but None of them spread communism like the Russians, did, and none of them are threatening to nuke europe at this instant. Heck 90% of the problems with minorities around the world is the infestastion of communist thought and propaganda that ate away at their countries, and caused the productive populations to flee.

https://media2.giphy.com/media/DoaZxbPr1RrMerZckA/giphy.gif

Exactly the person I was thinking of.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 2:51:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I’m sure Ukraine will have a bit to say about that.
View Quote

No they won't
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 2:51:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Their reservists are usually old and fat.
View Quote

So are ours
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 2:57:29 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm most interested to see what they get equipped with. Will this look like the 1970's red army in 2022?
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 3:09:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Since this is now a long war, we should start equipping and training Ukrainians as such.

We can start training Ukrainians on western aircraft. AMARG can start restoring aircraft. Throw some modern targeting and EW packages on older airframes then fly them from AZ to UKR. There are plenty of F-16s, F-18s, E-2s, S-3s, and C-130s. Many are probably in fly-hold or 1000 returnable condition. While some of these are used for spares, most will end up scrapped if not brought online and donated to UKR.

Sierra Army Depot in CA has 26,000 stored armored vehicles. We have 2000 M-1 tanks sitting there that we will never use. That they are worn is fine. They only need to last another 1000mi. They would be a more than excellent counter to the 1000s of clapped out T-62s (and older) that Putin is having brought out of storage. The difference is the M1s we send can outfight the T-62 any day with better sensors and fire-while-moving gyrostablized guns while the T-62s stop to fire, then the autoloader loads the gunner's arm into the barrel. Sierra also has thousands of M-2 Bradleys.

This is a slow motion Soviet invasion of Europe that the West always prepared for, just 40 years later than we thought, and fought on the Ukrainian plains instead of the central German plains, and Ukes are dying instead of NATO. If such a horrific thing was bound to happen, this is literally the least terrible way for it to happen.

Now is the time to use the deep storage arsenal of democracy.
We'd never use it in a war with China as there would be no time to prepare and no place to deploy such assets.

Perhaps the material support would make Putin back down before the fight. Facing off against Abrams tanks certainly would make his reservists run.
View Quote

Well said. Agreed 100%
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 3:23:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I'm most interested to see what they get equipped with. Will this look like the 1970's red army in 2022?
View Quote

In some ways, yes.  But in some ways, more like 1950.  The best condition tanks coming out of the depots now are T-62s, which has been out of production in Russia since 1975. We’ve already seen moisins and DP-27 lmgs in use.  Their comms are about as effective - where it even exists.  China’s flat running out of non-secure walkie-talkies to sell them.  There is great confidence, though, that all inductees will be issued both a left and a right boot.  No guarantee, though.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 3:34:58 PM EDT
[#20]
For Russia it's not a question of resources as much as it is a cultural problem embedded in their military.  It take generations to change a culture and no amount of men or materials Russia pumps into the meat grinder is going to budge their cultural issues a single inch.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 3:49:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
For Russia it's not a question of resources as much as it is a cultural problem embedded in their military.  It take generations to change a culture and no amount of men or materials Russia pumps into the meat grinder is going to budge their cultural issues a single inch.
View Quote

A couple of our real strengths, not that diversity mantra horseshit is our NCO corps / Warrant officers and our logistics so hats off to the professional logistics NCOs.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 3:50:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

A couple of our real strengths, not that diversity mantra horseshit is our NCO corps / Warrant officers and our logistics so hats off to the professional logistics NCOs.
View Quote

and you maintenance NCOs too
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 3:53:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

They were already suppose to be a modern, professional independent military before all. Then we see they're still running that good ol Soviet Centralized Command and still no NCO corps. So that might need to get filed under "Never going to happen".
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 3:56:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Wouldn't Mexico be able to justify the same acts with our Southern border? Assuming they had nukes of course..
View Quote

probably because the VAST, VAST number of "mexicans" are not Mexicans.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 3:59:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I'll bet a lot of folks in Russia are secretly hoping their fearless leader has a heart attack and dies.
View Quote

I bet they are hoping he gets lead poisoning...
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 4:06:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

They were already suppose to be a modern, professional independent military before all. Then we see they're still running that good ol Soviet Centralized Command and still no NCO corps. So that might need to get filed under "Never going to happen".
View Quote

Maybe they’re the Nate Diaz of the .mil world hence the meeting with Xi Jingping before the speech?
ER Brawl - Nick Diaz vs Joe Riggs | Fightlore Preview
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 4:07:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The Russians are fighting along a 600 mile front?

As for uniforms, use the money they already have. Goddamn Javelins supplied to Ukraine are already showing up in the Middle East as it is.
View Quote

Do you have a source for this?  I can only find it mentioned on en.baaghitv.com.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 4:12:22 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Do you have a source for this?  I can only find it mentioned on en.baaghitv.com.
View Quote

I’m not aware of javelins or the like but this is a claim from a PRO Ukraine channel
Ukraine: military situation with maps September 19, 2022
Ukraine: military situation with maps Sep 20-21 2022; Russian doubles down, announces mobilization
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 4:17:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote

The top British admiral over the Mediterranean fleet during WWII (and later First Sea Lord over the entire British navy including Normandy landing) said “It takes three years to build a ship; it takes three centuries to build a tradition.”  

The long held traditions of the Russian leadership and army are still showing through: zero regard for human life or for non-combatants, encouraging rape/kidnapping/pillage, junk equipment and poor logistics, top down direction and no effective NCOs.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 4:29:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Russians are fighting along a 600 mile front?

As for uniforms, use the money they already have. Goddamn Javelins supplied to Ukraine are already showing up in the Middle East as it is.

Yes. I believe it's under the url TheRussiansSaidSoAndIBelieveThem.com
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 4:39:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wow I hope he escapes with his life. For Russian conscripts, best-case scenario to avoid becoming a casualty is if Ukraine allows defectors to surrender as POWs and then offer refuge with a path to citizenship after the war.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 4:50:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Reports are now that Russian state media is warning protesters that they will be rounded up and immediately sent for processing into conscription/mobilization.

So . . . impressing the people who are most opposed to the war?  Rather than prison or gulag camps in Siberia? Isn’t this EXACTLY what happened in like 1914 or 1917?

https://www.reddit.com/r/RussiaUkraineWar2022/comments/xkd59v/russian_media_is_warning_that_participants_in/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf&utm_term=link
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 4:52:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

The top British admiral over the Mediterranean fleet during WWII (and later First Sea Lord over the entire British navy including Normandy landing) said "It takes three years to build a ship; it takes three centuries to build a tradition."  

The long held traditions of the Russian leadership and army are still showing through: zero regard for human life or for non-combatants, encouraging rape/kidnapping/pillage, junk equipment and poor logistics, top down direction and no effective NCOs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The top British admiral over the Mediterranean fleet during WWII (and later First Sea Lord over the entire British navy including Normandy landing) said "It takes three years to build a ship; it takes three centuries to build a tradition."  

Both of these.
World class propaganda and Fellow Travelers does not a modern army make.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 4:59:33 PM EDT
[#34]
folks mention nukes. my guess its nerve agents before nukes. almost but not as bad. its how sadam eventually 'won' the iraq/iran war. the rooshins clear some large area will be gassed, give notice and then gas a whole area, and then roll in with their troops.

if i was pootin and was considering wmds, i would at least start with nerve gas before i escalated to nukes.

one also wonders if he has something like 'neutron bombs'. if i remember correctly no fallout.  you detonate it over an are and it kills everything that walks or crawls but does not spread radiation. and its tactical. and destroys few buildings...
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 5:04:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, it might NEVER be changed by Russia.

Cultural issues get embedded and they are next to impossible to change.  It's why I'm concerned that the U.S. by bringing in 3 immigrants for every 4 people born in the USA is going to change our culture from the successful Anglo-Saxon model it was founded under to something resembling Latin America or Asia, which have deep cultural issues.

Every GWOT veteran knows the cultural hurdles we had trying to modernizer Iraqi and Afghan military forces, money can't solve those issues.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 5:08:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

The top British admiral over the Mediterranean fleet during WWII (and later First Sea Lord over the entire British navy including Normandy landing) said “It takes three years to build a ship; it takes three centuries to build a tradition.”  

View Quote

It's a Mt. Everest size problem and they don't have the rope or skill to get on top of it.  

Corruption is a huge issue and it's a cultural thing in Eastern Slavic countries (Poland isn't as bad).  Corruption is a byproduct of Communism and it will take a very long time to overcome (China has the same issues with corruption compared to Taiwan that has little corruption).

The other massive problem is that Russia was already in a death spiral when it comes to demographics.  They are destroying their most valuable commodity right now, which is young men.  Russia is not the Soviet Union of the 1930's and 1940s with huge numbers of young men.  This war could be the end of Russia in terms of their future in a few generations unless some drastic changes were made to increase the birth rates.  This "Special Military Action" will have lasting consequences that will plague Russia for generations.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 5:13:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Can't wait for the telegram videos of them doing an OORAH zerg rush with Mosins, T-34s and IL-2s. Maybe they can bring back the night witches in biplanes.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 5:14:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
folks mention nukes. my guess its nerve agents before nukes. almost but not as bad. its how sadam eventually 'won' the iraq/iran war. the rooshins clear some large area will be gassed, give notice and then gas a whole area, and then roll in with their troops.

if i was pootin and was considering wmds, i would at least start with nerve gas before i escalated to nukes.

one also wonders if he has something like 'neutron bombs'. if i remember correctly no fallout.  you detonate it over an are and it kills everything that walks or crawls but does not spread radiation. and its tactical. and destroys few buildings...
View Quote

That would be a total cluster $%*^ for the Russians.

They don't have the experienced CBRN units to deal with the effects that could have on their own forces when they rolled into those areas to seize them.  They could only really use such weapons inside cities and only during certain weather conditions that aren't likely to be in place again until next summer.   It wouldn't help the Russians much in the South of Ukraine where there are just wide open fields and the wind would just carry things in unpredictable directions.  

If the Russians used chemical weapons it would be very targeted inside urban areas similar to what Syria did and just as limited probably.  Inevitably the Russians would lose some of their own people, but I guess the Russians literally don't give shit about that anyways.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 5:16:21 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Can't wait for the telegram videos of them doing an OORAH zerg rush with Mosins, T-34s and IL-2s. Maybe they can bring back the night witches in biplanes.
View Quote

May come down to that, because right now the entire world has a semiconductor shortage and nobody is able to build smart munitions to any degree or modern weaponry really.

The Russians really picked the worse time to lose modern military hardware because of the semiconductor shortages.

Link Posted: 9/21/2022 5:55:52 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
They may be fat, but there are no questions about preferred pronouns.  
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/126713/Russian_Soldier_fat_jpg-2533850.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Their reservists are usually old and fat.
They may be fat, but there are no questions about preferred pronouns.  
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/126713/Russian_Soldier_fat_jpg-2533850.JPG

Eat/Ate?
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 7:14:40 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Guess they have to break out the T-34s and Mosins to equip them.
View Quote

“One man gets the rifle, one man gets the ammunition. The enemy is over there, anyone retreating will be shot as a coward.”
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 7:17:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Putin finally is getting out his Elite forces he had on deck.

If they have difficult command and control of regular active troops, can't imaging what would that look like with conscripts.
View Quote

Russia's army is always conscripts.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 7:19:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
A nationwide draft to send Sons, Brothers and Fathers to die on foreign soil for political reasons always works out well. Vietnam was a perfect example. When you have to resort to a draft to get enough men to fight you have a problem.
View Quote

Newsflash. WW1 and 2 were mostly fought by draftee's.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 7:27:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If people who dont want to ruin their economy or be dragged into a war that is none of their business, for the sake of corrupt government are "Vichy-st" does that make you a 1940s communist, by the same logic ?

Ps : I don't support Russian invasion. To make it clear to the simpler minded.

Exactly. Well said.

TC

OTOH, WW1–and by extension WW2–was started out as a regional issue that should have stayed regional. One can’t make an appeal to history and ignore the entirety of said history.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 7:27:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I'll bet a lot of folks in Russia are secretly hoping their fearless leader has a heart attack and dies.
View Quote

Given how things have gone for them recently.  Maybe someone will give Pooty a helping hand with that.

I bet he avoids stairs and windows for the immediate future.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 7:28:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
A nationwide draft to send Sons, Brothers and Fathers to die on foreign soil for political reasons always works out well. Vietnam was a perfect example. When you have to resort to a draft to get enough men to fight you have a problem.

Newsflash: russia was not invaded this time. And their population is far fatter, drunker, and tied to their phones/internet/porn/western-shit.

This will NOT end well.

General Winter is about to parade onto the battlefield.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 7:29:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Very good thread follows on why mobilisation is a problem for Putin

View Quote

Conscripting hundreds of thousands to feed into the western meat grinder didn’t work well for Nicholas II.  Perhaps history will repeat itself and we’ll see another Russian revolution
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 7:31:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Already have. And Mosins
View Quote

Really? I haven't seen that yet. Not trying to be a smart ass. Have not really seen them in use by the Russianss.
The Ukranians are sitting on mountains of that stuff in salt mines.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 7:50:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View Quote

Do they have any particular comments on the war?
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 7:55:46 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Really? I haven't seen that yet. Not trying to be a smart ass. Have not really seen them in use by the Russianss.
The Ukranians are sitting on mountains of that stuff in salt mines.
View Quote

LPR, DPR use WW1 and WW2 stuff sometimes.
Page / 11
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top