Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/26/2009 10:59:01 AM EDT
Did anyone here what he said exactly..I was getting out of my car when I heard him say that Nancy Pelosi wanted nothing to do with any gun legislation at this current time..Something about "IN Fighting" ..

Who heard the whole thing...

Tell me we have time to prepare?
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 11:01:51 AM EDT
[#1]
She did say that. But she's just waiting for the right moment to strike. After a public shooting or some more drug runners get in a shootout with cops south of the border.
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 11:09:03 AM EDT
[#2]
If there was enough traction you can bet your ass it would have been in the joke "Stimulis" bill (just like the stealth health care dictator) - the fact it wasn't means 1) isn't on the agenda for the foreseeable future 2) congresscritters are scared of it (hoping).

If there is infighting, it means that congress is afraid of losing their seats in contested areas. This isn't a "must pass" at the moment, most people don't give a shit.

Then again, Sarah Brady prays every single night for the next Virginia Tech. In reality, that is what they are probably waiting for. They aren't brave enough to just go after it, they need a real "reason" to (way to justify it). Mexcio's problems aren't something anyone cares about. Next big shooting? Watch out.
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 11:11:00 AM EDT
[#3]
its called inoculation sales.  Give a little dose in advance so the patient is already desensitized to the "big dose"
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 11:14:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 11:19:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
She did say that. But she's just waiting for the right moment to strike. After a public shooting or some more drug runners get in a shootout with cops south of the border.

Link Posted: 2/26/2009 11:20:23 AM EDT
[#6]
You can hear her exact words here.  Starting at 13:37.

She says she hasnt talked to administration officials about re-instituting an assault weapons ban.  Then goes on to say that the Bush administration was not enforcing the law and that should be their first step.
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 11:21:14 AM EDT
[#7]
She didn't support THIS gun grab because it wasn't HER IDEA.
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 11:21:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 11:26:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 11:28:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Even the Democratic Underground web site folks think an AWB would be political suicide for their party. Nearly every post about what Holder said there is calling it a bad plan that is sure to back fire in 2010/2012.

What do I think they'll do? I think without a doubt in my mind they will seek to close all private sales at gun shows. The AWB will be a little bit later, but will be sometime in 2009.
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 12:05:39 PM EDT
[#11]
AFTER 2010 mid-terms.  Before is like suicide for their party.

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/26/2009 12:11:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 12:12:00 PM EDT
[#13]
As far as Pelosi goes, you all know the old saying " The only thing worse than a politician is a child molester".

She'll do anything Obama wants....

And Jesus, could Sarah Brady just go the f*ck away !
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 2:21:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey cheer up partner, we're going to fight this bullshit!
Link Posted: 2/26/2009 2:23:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey cheer up partner, we're going to fight this bullshit!

Darn straight!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top