Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2004 6:30:25 AM EDT
rushpetition.com

And no, I ain’t talking about fucking Jeff (“Wha? Huh? Wha?  I’ve got Oxycontin in my ears!”) Christie,

I’m talking about fuckin' RUSH, THE BAND!

Pick your 5 favorites that you want to hear them play on their upcoming summer tour.  

My choices:

1 - The Analog Kid

2 - Distant Early Warning

3 - Red Barchetta

4 - TSOR (The Spirit of the Radio)

and of course,

5 - YYfuckinZ!

Link Posted: 5/11/2004 6:37:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Dang.  I voted thinking I would be like the 4th person to vote......let's just say there ain't a snowball's chance of Time Stand Still being played, even though I voted for it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 6:46:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Dolomite:

Are you going to the 6/7/04 concert?

Shit, I don't even know if tickets are still available.  Gotta get on that.

At any rate:

1.  2112 (Overture and Temples of Syrinx)

2.  La Villa Strangiato

3.  Distant Early Warning

4.  A Passage to Bangkok

5.  Closer to the Heart (sorry, I couldn't resist)

Corey

EDITED to add:  They have to play Tom Sawyer and Closer to the Heart, so I wasted at least one of my votes.  
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 7:02:25 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 7:31:58 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Dolomite:

Are you going to the 6/7/04 concert?

I'm pretty sure I am.  But the last time they were here (last summer?), I ordered tickets via phone right as they went on sale and I got really shitty seats - whereas - I guy I work with went down to the Marcus Amphitheater box office on his lunch hour on the day of the show and picked up 8th row.  That really pissed me off and taught me an important lesson.

Invariably, this is how Marcus works; they block off the best seats to give away to sponsors and radio stations and then release what's leftover a few hours before the show starts.  I picked up some really good seats for Foo Fighters last year myself at 1:00PM the day of the show for $45 each.  Same thing when Ben Harper and Jack Johnson played there for Bummerfest.

So, living dangerously, I'm waiting til the day of the show.
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 7:35:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 7:46:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Hmmm top five Rush songs I'd like to hear at the concert....

Red Barchetta(sp?)
The Trees
2112 (Overture and Temples of Syrinx)
New World Man
Train to Bangcok

Lat time I saw Rush was the "Roll the Bones" tour. Good show, and their opning act Primus was pretty cool. OT but Mrs.E6 has FORBIDDEN me to play Primus in her presence

echo6
Link Posted: 5/11/2004 8:02:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Dolo:

Good tip on the tickets.  I don't go to many concerts (don't get out much) so I probably would've spent $200 buying them online.

Can't you pick seats when you call in though?

I guess I'm taking all day off and going to Milwaukee (to camp out for tickets).  

I'm going alone as well -- I don't know many Rush fans.  Maybe after I get my tickets I'll head over to the indoor range in Waukesha for some blasting before the show.  

Corey
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top