Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/25/2014 3:41:13 AM EDT
TL;DR version: The gentleman who ran the Mountaineer Metal Works RocketHub deal got his kids taken away from him for  "massive amounts of guns on property"

https://www.facebook.com/mountaineermetalworks/posts/745996862111278?stream_ref=10

"At the moment I am working on designs still. I have had to spend a lot of time with the legal system lately so i havn't been online lately. I have left this page open to posting by anyone who wishes and for the most part it has all been bad postings other than a few much appreciated posts from positive supporters. Unfortunately I need to change the status of the page until these legal problems blow over. At the moment funders are not threatened so don't worry about that. I''m still pushing foward with any time i have in any way i can an in the end you will not be dissapointed, though some already are. I can't/won't go too much into detail but short version is my children told people at school that i'm making guns for a living, school reported to cps, cps took children for "massive amounts of guns on property", found i'm 100% legal and it's only 80% receivers and a couple personal firearms, they dropped the firearms excuse and now that their foot is in the door they are using a lot of other b.s. means to do their dirty work. I've taken a lot of scrutiny by a few. One poster called local authorities to verify and has since told me he had deleted his posts and he'll wait patiently. after this mess is handled and my children are home safe where they belong i will open up the page again to posts as i can handle scrutiny but for the sake of my children it just can't be that way right now. At the moment my children are obviously at the top of my list but i had started to get photos up last week and communicate more with people but i got interrupted. posting more photos and such for everyone is second on the list and i'll have more withing 48 hours. in the meantime while i've got the page restricted to posting simply message me for any questions, concerns or comments."
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 3:46:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Without even reading the story I bet there's a 100% chance there's another issue that prompted this. I'm not saying they didn't take issue with the guns.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 3:50:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Without even reading the story I bet there's a 100% chance there's another issue that prompted this. I'm not saying they didn't take issue with the guns.
View Quote

Yep.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top