Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2004 2:46:11 PM EDT
I was in a military surplus store in Houston on veterans day last. In the rear of the store the owner had an extensive collection of military hardware. I asked him about it, & turns out he supplies uniforms, & weapons for movie co's. He had pictures of several movies he was in, on the wall, & he told me if I liked Enemy at the Gates he was going the next week to help in a sequel being shot. I would have posted this sooner, but I forgot until I was reminded by seeing a commercial for EATG somewhere.
You heard it here on ARFcom 1st!
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 2:56:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I dont see anything on IMDB.com about it.  They usually list stuff that's planned ahead, in pre-production.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 4:11:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I have heard nothing of a sequel.  That is a definite scoop you got there.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 4:45:48 PM EDT
[#3]
EATG was long enough the first time, why would anyone want to make or see part two? The movie started out great, but then evolved into one of the lameest movies I have ever seen. Some crappy commie love story in the trenches, it is one of the worst movies I ever saw, I can't believe I devoted 7 dollars and a few hours of my life watching it.
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 4:55:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Maybe the sequel will have the adventures of their love child as it goes to Vietnam and kills Americans just like mommy and daddy and those pesky Germans.

No matter how bad this movie was, it did not come close to that stink bomb "Firebirds". It starred Nicolas Cage as a one-eyed helicopter pilot who learns to fly Apaches by tying some skanks panties over his weak eye.

After this special "panty-eye training" he goes to Columbia(which looks a lot like the desert
in southern California) to fight a mad german in a swedish plane who is a one man drug cartel air force.  Now thats a shitball movie.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 4:12:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Hey guys I never said EATG was a great movie! I just gave a scoop about a sequel. Nothing more.
I thought the military aspect was interesting, & to tell the truth don't even remember the lovey dovey parts.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 4:18:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Which store? The Command Post on Long Point?
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 4:20:18 AM EDT
[#7]
I liked the movie.

But then again, I dont picture myself as a film critic.  I watch movies to escape reality.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 4:33:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Which store? The Command Post on Long Point?
View Quote

I'm not sure to tell the truth. I was with my dad, & his friend a Korean war vet, but if I had to guess I would say the command post sounds most familiar. We came from College Station, & passed the Woodlands on the way. It was about 10 minutes from the Woodlands area towards Houston.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 4:56:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I liked the movie.

But then again, I dont picture myself as a film critic.  I watch movies to escape reality.
View Quote

Then I would recommend you check out Gigli, Lawnmowerman 2, Spice World, Iron Eagle 2, and Friday the 13th part VIII - Jason Takes Manhatten.

[;)]
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 4:58:58 AM EDT
[#10]
[lolabove] Did you like those movies Hokie?[lol]
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 5:03:06 AM EDT
[#11]
It's all about expectations, fellas. Think about it. We hear about a movie being made about the two most famous snipers of World War II and everybody at this site starts creaming their shorts. Then we see the movie and are disappointed.

What do you expect?
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 5:08:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Hey guys I never said EATG was a great movie! I just gave a scoop about a sequel. Nothing more.
I thought the military aspect was interesting, & to tell the truth don't even remember the lovey dovey parts.
View Quote

The military aspect of the movie was pure BS. I don't really know why they even bothered with that thing. The acting was horrible, the plotholes were so large, you could fly a JU-52 through them, and all the characters, Russians and Germans alike, where behaving like cliché Americans. I've seen better kindergarten plays performed by 4 year olds. I give it 4 out of 5 huge smelly goat dicks.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 5:18:34 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
... I give it 4 out of 5 huge smelly goat dicks.
View Quote

What have you been doing that you know that goat dicks are smelly?
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 5:29:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I give it 4 out of 5 huge smelly goat dicks.
View Quote

View Quote

Perhaps we don't really want to know.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 6:10:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I liked the movie.

View Quote

Then I would recommend you check out Gigli, Lawnmowerman 2, Spice World, Iron Eagle 2, and Friday the 13th part VIII - Jason Takes Manhatten.

[;)]
View Quote

Add to that the Burt Reynolds gift set:

Hooper
*Stroker Ace
Smokey and the Bandit Pt. II
Smokey and the Bandit Pt. III
Cannonball Run
Cannonball Run II
Cop and a Half

* Warning: Keep all firearms locked up when watching this one.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 6:38:57 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I give it 4 out of 5 huge smelly goat dicks.
View Quote

View Quote

Perhaps we don't really want to know.
View Quote

Hey, Goatboy!!! [:D]
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 9:05:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Something just occured to me:

Why does a military surplus dealer in Houston have an inside line of a German filmmaker's work agenda?
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 9:40:30 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
It was about 10 minutes from the Woodlands area towards Houston.
View Quote

That's the Command Post.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 9:54:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I liked the movie.

View Quote

I come here to escape reality.....[%|]
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 10:03:45 AM EDT
[#20]
All that sucked with the movie would have been redeemed if the ending was historically correct.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 10:12:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Loved the first one...not sure what the encore would be like.

That movie is responsible for my M-44, M38, and Kar 98 purchases...amazing that we can have access to the C&R weapons...amazing. I love them all. I am actually in that "zone" now of buying the WWII types...I would like to have a real Kar98 from some of the Weimernoozleschmidt (sic) or Nazi stamped collections. But, I would to "see" them first.

After watching the Foreign Legion movie with Von Damme, I got the Mauser type of rifles...I mean for $45, comeon? Man, what a deal.

Link Posted: 1/2/2004 10:18:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 12:29:04 PM EDT
[#23]
I liked the movie. It had some great special effects and scenery. In surround sound, it had great audio. You get to see Rachel Weisz getting wailed on by a commie that hasn't bathed in a month.  I was laughing during that scene. The wife asked why. I told her that the only way to find a relatively clean spot was to pull her pants down.
Big bonus: You get to see the German MG42 gunner hosing down a horde of Russians.  If you freeze frame the movie you can get some great wallpaper for your computer.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 12:35:09 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
EATG was long enough the first time, why would anyone want to make or see part two? The movie started out great, but then evolved into one of the lameest movies I have ever seen.
View Quote

Part II is the story of the heroic Red Army raping women and executing civlians in their valiant assault on Berlin.
View Quote

executing civlians???
Like Jews and Cossacks?

Link Posted: 1/2/2004 12:47:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I liked the movie.

View Quote

[;)]
View Quote

The cold is getting to you.  You KNOW EATG didnt suck THAT bad.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 12:49:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 12:58:28 PM EDT
[#27]
I thought it was good, although they could have cut out some of the love stuff.

Link Posted: 1/2/2004 2:59:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Something just occured to me:

Why does a military surplus dealer in Houston have an inside line of a German filmmaker's work agenda?
View Quote

[red]In the rear of the store the owner had an extensive collection of military hardware. I asked him about it, & turns out he supplies uniforms, & weapons for movie co's. He had pictures of several movies he was in, on the wall, & he told me if I liked Enemy at the Gates he was going the next week to help in a sequel being shot.[/red]

As I said.[:D] He told me he was supplying uniforms, & weapons for the picture the following week.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 3:41:34 PM EDT
[#29]
I've read a variety of Zietsev propaganda stories, and it would be nice if someone could've got them straight from the source without "party embellishment" after the Soviet Union fell.  The sniper stories were really popular propaganda because every farm boy who had ever killed a varmint would've joined up to "hunt" Nazis.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 3:54:06 PM EDT
[#30]
I sell WWII militaria and reenacting gear, and deal with all the major suppliers. The company that supplied all the equipment for EATG is a German company with a large operation in GA as well.

I see no reason why they would no do this supposed sequal, as they are heads above the rest for this type of task. Besides them there are maybe 5 companies large enough to handle that, or with the inventory or expertise to actually make what is needed.

And none of them are in TX!
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 4:01:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
turns out he supplies uniforms, & weapons for movie co's. He had pictures of several movies he was in, on the wall, & he told me if I liked Enemy at the Gates he was going the next week to help in a sequel being shot.
View Quote

And I was a NAVY SeAL.

Never heard as much bullshitting as at gun shows and stores.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 4:06:30 PM EDT
[#32]
What's the big surplus shop that advertises in Shotgun News (IMA)?  Didn't they supply props and uniforms for Saving Private Ryan?
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 4:08:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
What's the big surplus shop that advertises in Shotgun News (IMA)?  Didn't they supply props and uniforms for Saving Private Ryan?
View Quote

I think IMA bought some of the uniforms and props afterwords and sold them off, and I know they supplied so hardware (weapons and such).

But they didn't make the uniforms.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 5:42:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Come on guys, Enemy at the Gate was an outstanding movie.  All you had to do was ignore the actors which is alot better than most movies.

Great gun shots..............

Tj
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top