Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/30/2004 9:21:45 PM EST
First Rimfirecentral.com bans political discussion (even news directly related to the RKBA) & now RugerForums.com pusses out!

WTH... gun ownership IS a political act! God... are we all going soft???
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:39:10 PM EST
come on, its ruger.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:40:16 PM EST
Bill Ruger and Alex Strum are turning over in there graves. God rest there souls.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 9:41:16 PM EST
Sir, unfortunately, there aren't but a handful of people who care about the 2nd Amendment's true meaning. --My belief on what it all comes down to.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:00:28 PM EST

Originally Posted By WI_Rifleman:
come on, its ruger.

It's a private board that is not associated with Sturm Ruger, genius.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 10:05:00 PM EST

Gun ownership IS a political act!

That is worth repeating. In this day and age it is one of the most political statements you can make and I feel EXACTLY that way.

Anyone that sees their firearms as ONLY tools (or, God forbid, "sporting implements") has their head firmly implanted in ass.

I'd LOVE to see the day when firearms ownership IS regarded as simply possesing the right tool for a job, but that shall never be in my lifetime.
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 11:31:27 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/30/2004 11:32:06 PM EST by rayra]
edit: fuckit
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:40:39 PM EST
Anybody know why they banned political discussion???
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 10:28:04 PM EST

Originally Posted By NYPatriot:

I'm guessing it's because (iirc) Ruger turned into communist shitwipe before he died, and political discussion on a Ruger forum could interfere with hagiographies in production.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 10:29:29 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 2:14:43 AM EST

Originally Posted By Lightning_P38:

Originally Posted By bluesteel:
Bill Ruger and Alex Strum are turning over in there graves. God rest there souls.

Bill is pissed that the AWB died, he put so much work into that one.

You don't know what are you talking about.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 2:22:12 AM EST

I have a good idea, check your IM.....
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 2:26:40 AM EST

Originally Posted By LARRYG:

Yes he does, Bill Ruger sold gun owners out, IMO. He worked closly with the anti-gunners in congress when legislation was being drafted for the AWB. He pushed for a 10 round max on mags, knowing all along, his firearms we designed for 10 rounders.

Also I dont remember seeing to many Ruger firearms, or even any at all on the AWB list.

Ruger may make some good firearms, heck I love the 10/22, but IMO they did sell us out.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 2:43:50 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/2/2004 2:46:19 AM EST by LARRYG]

Originally Posted By 1shott:

Yes he does, Bill Ruger sold gun owners out, IMO. He worked closly with the anti-gunners in congress when legislation was being drafted for the AWB. He pushed for a 10 round max on mags, knowing all along, his firearms we designed for 10 rounders.

Also I dont remember seeing to many Ruger firearms, or even any at all on the AWB list.

Ruger may make some good firearms, heck I love the 10/22, but IMO they did sell us out.

Documentation! Not an article by Neal Knox.

He never pushed for a 10 round magazine, period. Not once. Show me some facts to back your assertions. His firearms were not designed for 10 rounders. If that is the case, where did I get all the preban 15 round 9mm and 12 round .40 cal Ruger P series mags, where did I get the factory 30 Ruger mags for the Mini I used to have?

All he did (through SAAMI) was propose a compromise 15 round mag instead of doing anything with the guns. That did not favor him at all, as he proposed to leave all the guns alone, thus no preban/postban bullshit. He did not "work closely" with the antis. What a ridiculous comment. He tried to compromise and later said he learned you could not. He publicly stated that he made a mistake by trying to compromise. He spent the rest of his life fighting them. Have S&W or Glock recanted their DOCUMENTED bullshit? No, but I bet you would buy one of those in a heartbeat.

As for them not being on the list, I suggest you take a look at a factory, plain jane Mini. They never had met the criteria. Was Savage on the list? Was Remington on the list? No, they weren't. Does that mean they sold out? No, it simply means that they did not make a product that fit the bullshit criteria.

Before you make accusations, at least have some proof, or even a clue.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 3:06:58 AM EST

Originally Posted By 1shott:

Documentation! Not an article by Neal Knox.

He never pushed for a 10 round magazine, period. Not once. Show me some facts to back your assertions. His firearms were not designed for 10 rounders. If that is the case, where did I get all the preban 15 round 9mm and 12 round .40 cal Ruger P series mags, where did I get the factory 30 Ruger mags for the Mini I used to have?

All he did (through SAAMI) was propose a compromise 15 round mag instead of doing anything with the guns. That did not favor him at all, as he proposed to leave all the guns alone, thus no preban/postban bullshit. He did not "work closely" with the antis. What a ridiculous comment. He tried to compromise and later said he learned you could not. He publicly stated that he made a mistake by trying to compromise. He spent the rest of his life fighting them. Have S&W or Glock recanted their DOCUMENTED bullshit? No, but I bet you would buy one of those in a heartbeat.

As for them not being on the list, I suggest you take a look at a factory, plain jane Mini. They never had met the criteria. Was Savage on the list? Was Remington on the list? No, they weren't. Does that mean they sold out? No, it simply means that they did not make a product that fit the bullshit criteria.

Before you make accusations, at least have some proof, or even a clue.

Well I do have clue Thank you....

and as for anyone who would even try to COMPRIMISE, that is working closly with the enemy, as far as I am concerned.

Have a nice day...
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 3:37:52 AM EST
Bill Ruger was genius. But his area of expertise was production and marketing of civilian firearms.

He was wrong to compromise with the gun grabbers,but he thought you could trust the bastids.

How about those on these boards who cherish their firearms for but vote for the aforementioned bastids? What are they thinking? (Rhetorical question.)

Your're really gonna' love it when Schumer and Feinstein get on the supreme court.

Bill Ruger was not well versed in the gun control issue but those who visit this board cannot claim that.

Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:29:16 AM EST

Google ["bill ruger" + "tom brokaw"] and then ["bill ruger" + round + civilian]. Poke around a little. Skip anything by Knox, if you like. Focus on the pearls of bile quoted from the lips and hand of Bilious Ruger.

This disgusting turncoat gasbag was happy to have gunowners' money but had no problem with waiting periods, thought no honest man needed more than 10 rounds in any gun, and never intended that his 20 & 30 rd magazines or folding stock weapons find their way into the hands of "civilians." In March 1989 he sent a letter to each member of congress suggesting a "hi-cap" (+10 for rifles, +15 for handguns) magazine ban - which would have outlawed mere possession of magazines covered by the ban.

I can see why somebody who likes Ruger the company or Ruger the hypocritical dancing turd wouldn't want to discuss politics on a board about either one.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:34:36 AM EST
Bill Ruger is dead and burning in Hell.
He sold out all gun owners to save his products.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 11:55:21 AM EST

Probably because there a bazillion places to discuss politics. Like this one. And they wanted to keep it on topic, otherwise all their bandwidth would get eaten up by the same guys having the sam arguments they are already having on five other boards. Most single topic boards ban political discussions. If I was hosting a discussion forum on a certain subject, I'ld ban political talk. Take it some otherplace I ain't paying for the same old worn out BS I can get anyplace.
Top Top