Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/11/2007 7:10:04 AM EDT
Among the usual stuff he said about Rudy, he says if you're a law-abiding gun-owner, you have nothing to fear from Rudy.

One interesting thing he says is that Rudy is the only Republican candidate who can put The Beast on defense in the General Election.

Rudy is the only one who can take Democratic stronghold states like New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, New Hampshire and take even New York and California away from the Democrats. He says it would force The Beast to spend a lot more time in their own supposedly "safe" Democrat states defending their own turf instead of battling for votes in "swing states" like Ohio, Florida, Iowa, etc.

Any other Republican candidate will put us on defense and basically be a replay of 2000 and 2004 whereby the whole election would come down to Ohio and/or Florida.

Well anyway - the General Election is about a year away and so our first battle is to put the fear of God into Rudy in the Primary Elections by supporting CONSERVATIVE candidates. It's in the Primaries where we need to "send a message" to the Republican Party.

However, once the primaries are over and IF Rudy is the nominee - hellsbells we need to do whatever we can to make sure that the next 200 Federal Court appointees and the next 3-4 SCOTUS appointees are NOT chosen by The Beast.

Link Posted: 10/11/2007 7:11:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 7:14:24 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I can't picture anyone interested in guns voting for Rudy in the primary and I can't picture anyone interested in guns voting for anyone other than the Republican canidate.

I agree.

I question Rudy's ability to deliver NY.

Well his manager said he would certainly give The Beast a challenge there more than any other Republican can - and that would put her on defense, make her spend more time and money defending NY rather than battling for that one last "swing state" of Ohio which is where the entire election would be decided if any other Republican were nominated. It is an interesting thought.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 7:15:54 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I do question Rudy's ability to deliver NY against Clinton.

Probably couldn't deliver, but he may be able to force her to spend money in NY. With other R opponents she probably wouldn't even have to spend money there.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 7:16:14 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
we need to do whatever we can to make sure that the next 200 Federal Court appointees and the next 3-4 SCOTUS appointees are NOT chosen by The Beast.

According to some Arfcommers, this is not so, because voting for one, is the same as voting for the other...  
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 7:17:12 AM EDT
[#5]
hmmmmm as long as you're a law-abiding gun owner. that means nothing...... all that says is if you're a gun owner and he passes more gun bans you'll abide by them. says nothing about stopping any future bans. what a two-faced piece of shit
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 7:18:23 AM EDT
[#6]
blah double-post
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 7:20:53 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
hmmmmm as long as you're a law-abiding gun owner. that means nothing...... all that says is if you're a gun owner and he passes more gun bans you'll abide by them. says nothing about stopping any future bans. what a two-faced piece of shit

That's exactly what I thought when I read that comment.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 7:22:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 7:24:25 AM EDT
[#9]
NY likes him, I think he has a good shot at taking Hillary.....in either regard I think it would be close.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 7:27:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 7:28:35 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Frankly I don't think that Rudy can carry the nomination because the religious conservatives that the Republican party has relied on won't vote for him.

However - this election could create a major schism in the Republican Party for the first time since the Moral Majority led the Reagan Revolution.

From 1980 onwards - every candidate who was backed by the "Evangelicals" ended up winning the Republican nomination, even when guys like Bauer and Robertson were running - they all ended up supporting the eventual winner. However - this time it seems guys like James Dobson have already made it clear they will NOT support Rudy and may split off from the party to support a third-party candidate if Rudy wins. That's never happened before at least not since 1980.

No matter what, this will be a very interesting Republican primary season that's for sure.

Link Posted: 10/11/2007 7:29:07 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I do question Rudy's ability to deliver NY against Clinton.

Probably couldn't deliver, but he may be able to force her to spend money in NY. With other R opponents she probably wouldn't even have to spend money there.

Agreed, but if anyone could do it, I think it would be Rudy.  I figure that NY City pretty much runs the state, and if he got elected there he has a chance state wide, as so much of the rest of the state will go Republican (or at least Anti-Hillary).  It's certainly not a sure thing, but he has a better chance than anyone else.

I think his problem - as seen here - will be in keeping the base together.

-K
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 7:29:49 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
NY likes him, I think he has a good shot at taking Hillary.....in either regard I think it would be close.

I guess I was thinking about upstate. I can't see him having a chance in the cities and the votes of us hillbillies in the sticks don't count for much. If he can pull NYC along with the Repub areas of Long Island I guess I could be wrong

NYC is where it counts obviously and I think Rudy could pull in many votes there.....as people liked him as mayor.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 7:31:51 AM EDT
[#14]
If the USSC hears the Heller case, rules that the Second Amendment protects an individual right, and incorporates it under the 14th amendment, then gun owners will have nothing to fear from Rudy.

Otherwise I don't trust him.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 7:35:38 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 8:40:56 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
If the USSC hears the Heller case, rules that the Second Amendment protects an individual right, and incorporates it under the 14th amendment, then gun owners will have nothing to fear from Rudy.

Otherwise I don't trust him.

That's a lot of "IF" right there.

A more realistic "if" would be IF The Beast gets control of the Presidency - she WILL appoint HUNDREDS of outright Marxists and Communists to the Federal Courts and the SCOTUS and that will destroy us for generations to come.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top