Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/14/2003 5:54:10 PM EDT
I received my Fathers Day gift a day early! I got a Royal Robin 5.11 Tactical Vest. I absolutely love this thing! Makes carrying so much easier. [img]http://www.511tactical.com/store/images/80001_1.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 6:03:51 PM EDT
The 5.11 vest absolutely rocks. -934
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 6:13:55 PM EDT
I've got one two. I've got two questions. 1. Do you know where to get the velcro attachments that go with the hidden panels inside the jacket? 2. Do you think that this type of concelment screams GUN!? I personally have been eyeballed by a cop once while wearing mine. Great fathers day gift!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 6:46:51 PM EDT
[url]http://www.blackhawkindustries.com/product_catalog.asp?cat_id=81&d=1[/url] BlackHawk has some add ons.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 7:11:09 PM EDT
Originally Posted By JohnBlade23: I've got one two. I've got two questions. 1. Do you know where to get the velcro attachments that go with the hidden panels inside the jacket? 2. Do you think that this type of concelment screams GUN!? I personally have been eyeballed by a cop once while wearing mine. Great fathers day gift!!!!!!
View Quote
Answers: 1] Eagle Industries [url]www.eagleindustries.com/MainProd.asp?scv=0[/url] 2] No, maybe, depends. Wear mine everywhere and no problems. I love mine!
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 7:11:16 PM EDT
I have an old Bananna Republic photographers vest that I have started to wear. I've had the vest since about '89, but just never wore it. Not that it's getting warm, I wear it all the time.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 7:16:24 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 7:21:47 PM EDT
Originally Posted By JohnBlade23: 2. Do you think that this type of concelment screams GUN!? I personally have been eyeballed by a cop once while wearing mine.
View Quote
YES. To a person "in the know" ie most shooters, many military and LEOs see these vests and other photo type vests as "Gun Vests." We call em the "I've got a gun vest." We laugh at all of the Feds who wear them because they cannot open carry on the job (most of them at least). They either have the vest or a fanny bag. That said, I think they are pretty cool and practical plus most of your shit birds are not going to recognize it as a "gun vest" and even if they do that would likely mean that they leave you the F alone and move on to the next victim. I want one.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 7:54:07 PM EDT
I managed a bar, and almost every A.L.E. (Alcohol Law Enforcement) agent I ever saw wore that exact vest. Probably will make cops suspiscious.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 7:59:54 PM EDT
Originally Posted By FiveO:
Originally Posted By JohnBlade23: 2. Do you think that this type of concelment screams GUN!? I personally have been eyeballed by a cop once while wearing mine.
View Quote
YES. To a person "in the know" ie most shooters, many military and LEOs see these vests and other photo type vests as "Gun Vests." We call em the "I've got a gun vest." We laugh at all of the Feds who wear them because they cannot open carry on the job (most of them at least). They either have the vest or a fanny bag. That said, I think they are pretty cool and practical plus most of your shit birds are not going to recognize it as a "gun vest" and even if they do that would likely mean that they leave you the F alone and move on to the next victim. I want one.
View Quote
To me, yes, it screams gun. I figure every guy I see wearing one of these is packing. All the guys who work at the gunstores around here wear them 24/7.
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 8:23:56 PM EDT
So, does that mean that it's good to wear one or not good to wear one??
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 8:39:17 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Hydguy: So, does that mean that it's good to wear one or not good to wear one??
View Quote
Sure, it's good to wear. Everyone I know who doesn't know I CCW thinks I am going fishing. I may put a few lures on it to give it that authentic look. -934
Link Posted: 6/14/2003 8:48:41 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Hydguy: So, does that mean that it's good to wear one or not good to wear one??
View Quote
I think it is fine to wear them, personally. If you are a legit CCW, who cares if a LEO or fellow gunner knows you are carrying? If a Soccer Mom knows and disapproves, F her. As far as Bad Guys go, if they know, it may save their lives if not and they "step", well remember dead men do not sue!
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 5:59:04 AM EDT
O.K. guys in my state you can't legally carry in two very important places: 1. In a resturant that serves alcohol. This includes even the parking lot of the resturant. 2. Parks. I feel the need to be armed in both of these palces and I think that IF I chose to do so illegally that the vest would give me away. So I would think that this type of concelment could be bad in certain cases. Thanks for the info on the add ons.
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 6:18:36 AM EDT
The only complaint I have with mine is the weight. Man it's heavy. But it's stacked, hell I just found another pocket in it the other day that I didn't know was there. You can load 4 30 round mags on the front, pistol mags on the other side, an UZI inside, a radio/phone, cuffs, lunch for a week..... Wife hates the thing so I don't wear it everyday, I keep it ready to go for those late night/morning alarm calls.
Top Top