Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 6/25/2001 5:59:56 PM EST
Anybody know if Royal Robins pants are any good, and if so what color looks the best. I've got a friend trying to talk me into ordering some but never seeing them before makes me wonder how good they are.
Link Posted: 6/25/2001 6:13:38 PM EST
I am wearing a pair right now. They are made in the United Arab Emirates. They are pretty good, but there is no way I would pay more than 40.00 for them. A few too many pockets, and I'd like to have a zippered security pocket instead of a couple of them. I've taken one spill on asphalt with my bicycle, and the knees held up that time. Mobility seems good although they don't seem to have a crotch gusset. I dunno about color. I ordered two black and a navy blue from Botach, and got three black. Verflixt. What I'd really like is a tobacco brown, tan or sage, but no dice. If you are going to be around water, remember they are 100% cotton. I am going to try doping one pair with water repellent in hopes of increasing life.
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 2:02:12 AM EST
Don't know if you'd consider it a recommendation or not, but this is the brand the FBI sometimes wears when doing training, crime scenes, and such. Tan with cargo pockets - don't know the exact model. Not talking about SWAT or HRT, of course
Link Posted: 6/26/2001 4:27:05 AM EST
Originally Posted By Ustulina: I am wearing a pair right now. They are made in the United Arab Emirates. They are pretty good, but there is no way I would pay more than 40.00 for them. A few too many pockets, and I'd like to have a zippered security pocket instead of a couple of them. I've taken one spill on asphalt with my bicycle, and the knees held up that time. Mobility seems good although they don't seem to have a crotch gusset. I dunno about color. I ordered two black and a navy blue from Botach, and got three black. Verflixt. What I'd really like is a tobacco brown, tan or sage, but no dice. If you are going to be around water, remember they are 100% cotton. I am going to try doping one pair with water repellent in hopes of increasing life.
View Quote
Ustulina, How does their sizing work? If I wear a 34 waist in Levi's and Wranglers, will I be safe with their 34? Jay Arizona
Top Top