Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 8/18/2018 1:26:19 AM EDT
Anyone watching this trial?

Today, 8/17/18 was the second day of trial.

Yesterday, Oliver's former partner essentially testified against him. Didn't have to, but he did.

Today we had more friends of the decedent give warm fuzzy stories in a continued effort to pull the jury in.

If it were my son dead in that car I would feel different I have to admit.

1. Oliver ran out of the house and towards the gunfire knowing 150-300 kids were in harms way
2. It was 11:30 pm in Balch Springs, which if you dont know, is not quite Compton but more like a small version of Little Rock, Ark. Drugs and thugs.
3. Oliver grabbed his patrol rifle, ran down range, towards a car backing up at his partner, who hit the car and busted out a window while screaming "FUCKING STOP STOP!!!"
4. Then as the car rams it into gear and blasts forward, Oliver breaks 5 rounds in less than 1 second, in the dark, hitting the front seat passenger, killing him.

Now you see, this is NOT my son dead in the car because I don't let my son go out with a car full of dudes in Balch Springs at 11:30 at night and play Dukes of Hazard with a couple Iraq War vets with patrol rifles and Glocks on foot while Tupac is breaking shots Pakistani wedding style in the background. Fuckin A dude the parents ought to be strung up right after the driver is that got the passenger killed. Nobody is saying that shit in court are they.

Oliver killed an unarmed 15 year old, no doubt.

Oliver made a split second decision and his career is over, finances are over, life is over, no doubt.

Oliver didn't word the police report exactly how the badgecam shows it, but there is a TON of research that leads NEARLY ALL departments to give an officer 3 or more DAYS to let the noodle settle before they put pen to paper.

And that split second decision was in defense of partner, Officer Judas, as he thought from his vantage that Judas was about to get crushed as glass was breaking, Judas was screaming, and tires screaching

And that kid put him self there, by the failure of his parents and the failure of the driver, and by the failure of himself. Bad judgement. Wrong place. Wrong time.

I'm going to keep watching but I think Oliver has civil liability for wrongful death, but murder 1 no way. Maybe broke department policy but I don't even know if he really did that.

I think he should be acquitted.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 10:48:36 AM EDT
Don't know enough about the case to have much of an opinion. Sounds like a weak shoot but you do have to comply when given an order.

Sometimes bad shit happens no matter what we do.
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 12:20:12 PM EDT
Jury deliberating.

Crappy defense attorneys. Lane threw a bucket of shuck-it on this for some reason. Wonder if he sucks this hard all the time.
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 12:37:12 PM EDT
Surprising to me that no shucks appear to be given about this case by the LEO community.

Never saw any LEO at the trial there to lend moral support.

There's probably guys guarding his house and family I would hope.......I hope..

Just seems like the brothers in blue turned their backs awfully quick. His partner testified against him out of very selfish reasons. He didn't have to do that. Total puss.
Link Posted: 8/28/2018 7:27:43 PM EDT
There may be more to the story than we know. I don't have enough info to defend the guy and the info I have doesn't sound all that good for the officer's actions.
Link Posted: 8/29/2018 6:31:38 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Traverse990:
Surprising to me that no shucks appear to be given about this case by the LEO community.

Just seems like the brothers in blue turned their backs awfully quick. His partner testified against him out of very selfish reasons. He didn't have to do that. Total puss.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Traverse990:

From what the news is reporting he sounds a little unstable, that could be why no one showed up to support him.

And prosecutors during the trial argued the former officer had a history of being angry, out of control and "trigger happy.”

Oliver was indicted on two counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon by a public servant in an unrelated incident that happened two weeks before Edwards’ death. Jurors on Friday heard testimony from the woman involved in the earlier incident. She testified Oliver pointed a gun at her after she rear ended his car. The woman’s sister also testified that Oliver pointed the gun and described him as raging.
Top Top