Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/14/2004 4:00:59 AM EDT
I never really looked at a roomba till I saw their ad, and I checked out their web site.  Turns out they're really not much more expensive than a good quality vaccum.  ($270 for the top of the line model)  I'm currently using a borrowed vaccum, that is running on borrowed time.  It looks like I might be getting a roomate soon, and with a roomate, it will free up some cash.  My shopping list is in this priority (1. Dehumidifier, 2. Pressure Washer, 3. Vaccum).  I've been looking a Dyson vaccums, but if I can pick this one up at the same price or cheaper, I just might do it, but I want to know how well they work.  Granted it dosen't take that long to vaccum my house, but when I'm working in the garage, or on the house, it would be nice to just set some thing up that I could hit the run button as I'm walking out the door on my way to work.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:04:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Dyson is the best vacuum I've ever owned, even the best I've ever used.

Recent reviews of the robovacs show them fairly inept.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:21:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I have one,  and they are pretty cool. It is really good for wood floors and areas where you don't have changes in elevation. If you have rugs with fringe, well it doesn't like that. It is basically a sweeper, not a vaccum. It has a brush that sweeps the debris into a trap. The trap is pretty large and you empty it after each running. Has different settings for size of rooms. Not a replacement for a real vaccum. You still need a regular one cause this thing won't get everything everywhere. But it will do general area cleanup. Hope this helps.

Brian
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:12:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Get a Dyson.  Best in the world by a wide margin.  You will NOT be disappointed.

Oh...FWIW...never heard of  Roombas though...
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:28:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Definitly NOT a real replacement for vacuuming, hardwood and tile floors are ok, but plush carpeting is it's enemy!
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:35:03 AM EDT
[#5]
have you guys seen the new one they are trying to sell? It is a ball that goes inside what looks like a metal hat. Then you put a swiffer type thingy on the bottom and the ball rolls around the floor. What a peice of junk!
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 5:39:16 AM EDT
[#6]
I use a broom.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top