Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/17/2009 5:33:55 AM EST
I have ten or so shingles at the ridge to replace from the last storm and the guy at Lowes said I should use some exterior adhesive? hmmm? yes or no?
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 5:38:37 AM EST
Originally Posted By Firebird69:
I have ten or so shingles at the ridge to replace from the last storm and the guy at Lowes said I should use some exterior adhesive? hmmm? yes or no?

Cold patch roofing cement.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:28:42 AM EST
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:10:40 AM EST
You say they are on the ridge?
Pull up the bad ones, nail them down until you get to the last one (the nails will be covered by the next shingle) and then blackjack it down.
You could even nail all of them down and blackjack over the last shingle nails.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 10:16:11 AM EST
Originally Posted By thebeekeeper1:
Originally Posted By brickeyee:
Originally Posted By Firebird69:

Cold patch roofing cement.

I like Black Jack in a caulk tube.

Black Jack it will be.

The shingles had three holes in them from where they ripped away from the roof. Shouldn't there be four nails per shingle?

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:33:58 AM EST

Black Jack it will be.

The shingles had three holes in them from where they ripped away from the roof. Shouldn't there be four nails per shingle?

Minimum of 4. 6 in some areas. Plus the nails from the shingle on top of it should hit that shingle too.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:08:43 PM EST
Any place you break the orginal seal, use the black jack to reseal the shingles.

4 nails min, 6 nails max.
Top Top