Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/17/2009 6:33:55 AM EDT
I have ten or so shingles at the ridge to replace from the last storm and the guy at Lowes said I should use some exterior adhesive? hmmm?  yes or no?
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 6:38:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have ten or so shingles at the ridge to replace from the last storm and the guy at Lowes said I should use some exterior adhesive? hmmm?  yes or no?

Cold patch roofing cement.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 7:28:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 9:10:40 AM EDT
[#3]
You say they are on the ridge?
Pull up the bad ones, nail them down until you get to the last one (the nails will be covered by the next shingle) and then blackjack it down.
You could even nail all of them down and blackjack over the last shingle nails.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 11:16:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cold patch roofing cement.

I like Black Jack in a caulk tube.

Black Jack it will be.

The shingles had three holes in them from where they ripped away from the roof.  Shouldn't there be four nails per shingle?

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:33:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Black Jack it will be.

The shingles had three holes in them from where they ripped away from the roof.  Shouldn't there be four nails per shingle?

Minimum of 4. 6 in some areas. Plus the nails from the shingle on top of it should hit that shingle too.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 8:08:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Any place you break the orginal seal, use the black jack to reseal the shingles.

4 nails min, 6 nails max.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top